Jay’s Organic SIP Grows Some Cheese: Current

week 3 also ?
damn check mine

so slow !!!
love yours picture

i do like you
one single plant , so it's for me , they can't say blablabla i sell ,no no no no no n o
one plant is the way to go

love how you put the light , some kind of spoon shape
Thanks for the props, Twin! :thumb::rollit:
I find they really flower fast in the SIP setup I’m running.
I love running one plant and trying to fill my whole 4x2 tent with it, this is probably the closest I’ve come.

I angled the side lights to help get more lifts to the side branches and that’s also the only way they would fit LOL.

On my way to check out your grow now!

So before I started the Blueberry Cheesecake I upgraded my ventilation system with 2 AC Infinity Cloudline T6 fans with Temp and humidity controller.
I was having humidity issues while the lights were out during flower because my old system only controlled temp. The Infinity system controls temp when the lights are on and humidity while they are off.
So fare it has worked flawlessly and the fans are extremely quiet. You can actually set the speed of the fan to your desired speed when it turns on. I keep it at 4 which will drop the temp from 80 to 76 in about one minute.
I use 2 fans, one to push air in and one to pull air out, this helps keep a slight positive pressure and less speed is needed to maintain temps (less noise). I have carbon filters one each so the air is scrubber going in and going out. The pre-filter on the intake gets dirty fast so I can only imagine how much dust (and other shit) was getting in the tent before!
7F1D6138-4E37-429F-94E7-43233D16044E.jpeg
AA46F125-F9FD-4B20-9DEE-7D3750CAA18A.jpeg

Looks great!! First time I've heard of the SIP. Definitely cool looking tho and obviously works!

If that last picture is your intake fan and filter. Get a bin or table to get it off the floor. Shouldn't accumulate as much crap dirtying up your pre filter. I'm assuming it's on the floor.. Peace!!

Looks great!! First time I've heard of the SIP. Definitely cool looking tho and obviously works!

If that last picture is your intake fan and filter. Get a bin or table to get it off the floor. Shouldn't accumulate as much crap dirtying up your pre filter. I'm assuming it's on the floor.. Peace!!
Hey Shaggn! Thanks for stopping by!
If you have the time look into the SIPs, when done right they are so simple to use and you basically just have to add water and that's it!

That is my intake but it is sitting on a shelf raised about 2 feet from the floor. I have a louvered opening in the wall near there that brings cool outside air in and my exhaust vents out the louvered opening at the top of my wall.
I have tried putting a filter in the louver but it is a weird size and I have to cut them to fit (pain in the ass). For now I just get a bunch of pre filters and change them every so often. I appreciate the input and thinking about it a tote mite make a nice pre pre-filer box...

Definitely stacking nicely!! I showed my bro your SIP today. He'd never heard of it neither. Thought it was very cool also :passitleft:
That’s awesome, I had never heard of them up until about 4 years ago when I joined an organic/ probiotic grow group on Facebook. :passitleft:

question Jay

why doesn't gravity just let the water leak out of the perforated pipe?

Hey Hash, great question.
The perforated pipe is surrounded and packed tightly with peat moss. The peat is what acts as the wick drawing water up to the soil. So the water does leak out just very slowly and once the system is full and saturated it the only water you are really replacing is what the plant is using.
During flower it is about 1.5gal every other day. I could go about 5 days while flowering without adding water, which is another reason I love these. That time frame is extended the smaller the plant is.

Frosting up and looking healthy!
I realized I never dropped the humidity set point for flower. I lowered it to 54% today, I really hope to avoid past humidity problems. I’m looking for redemption with this strain and she is showing great promise so far!
FC7182A6-F30B-416C-9EFA-D8DC10513770.jpeg
854CDCED-9FA8-4552-8680-308092B47BC5.jpeg

Today marks day 28 since I started flowering and she is packing on the trichomes. She is definitely exhibiting her cheese side and stinking up my garage! Even though I have carbon filters on my intake and exhaust the tent is far from smell-proof. I may pick up another carbon filter and run it on one of my old fans in the garage to try and knock the smell down a little.
As long as the wife doesn’t say anything I’m good, outside you can’t sell a thing.

As she packs on more trichomes she should start putting on some weight here in the next week or so. I need to do some defoliation in the upper canopy to provide a little more light to some bud sites. I try to leave as many fan leaves as possible because I believe they are great nutrient banks for the plant to us up.
The very lowest leaves have already started to yellow and fall. My goal is a slow fade as she finishes.
Here are some pics to mark week 4. :rollit:

8EA93DAF-70A7-48CD-ABE2-456E2CDFC882.jpeg
FD98B04C-5DB8-4E34-88FC-35ACD2A096F1.jpeg
043B4189-6CEF-487B-86C4-10933B3BB2F5.jpeg
6C5BACF6-935A-464B-BD98-4D4F9114FACB.jpeg

Nice n Frosty!!! Thank you for your info on how the SiP works. Sounds easy to run :yummy:
No worries, I found it to be the easiest way to grow. Some times too easy lol.
I should take that back before I jinx myself!

Tonight I had to restock my supply of edibles, and my go to is chocolate! I mix at about 100g chocolate to 1g of decarbed kief. that ratio yields me one bar with 24 pieces. Tonight I made a double batch, one for me and one for my neighbors.
Does anyone have any experience measuring thc content in kief? I looked up that on average 1g of kief = 500mg of thc. Obviously that is dependent on strain and other factors I’m sure.
Using that formula I estimate each square is roughly 20mg.
They get the job done, I take a square every night (sometimes two) and sleep like a baby!
33F7E443-BF1B-43E5-9B76-F8AB366E0387.jpeg
84B52A68-1F2F-461D-921B-ACAC6E91575E.jpeg
A6AB007E-AB6B-4AE7-BA7F-3755270B0A59.jpeg
BC5119B7-3AF1-4C24-BBC8-B134F5B6AE7C.jpeg
A7A7D88E-CE48-4668-A6C7-9F417BAE7F2B.jpeg
1EB152F2-E0A5-499C-A668-0EC8F95ECFF7.jpeg

It seems I may have under amended my soil for the size of my plant. I’ve been stepping the ratios up every grow but this has been my biggest plant in the Sip and I missed the mark a little. She is using up stored nitrogen faster than I would like.
I mixed up a tea last night with some cricket frass, fish bone meal, compost, worm castings, and molasses. I am hoping this will bring some color back and replenish the nutrient supply.

I am going to keep a close eye to make sure she isn’t lacking and can start packing on the weight in the next couple of weeks.
Here are a few pics where you can see the yellowing. It looks staggered but it on branches that connect to the very lowest main branches.
830E5254-4A70-43BE-BB92-9CE4BE49B542.jpeg
F3FF9CCD-5E82-4D6D-A4CB-FF5172CAFD03.jpeg
0BD32EFC-0470-4765-A17B-41729A52B703.jpeg
D32DC767-D6E0-4011-8935-3727AF4D69D2.jpeg

The tea seemed to help a bit but there are still a couple branches that continue to fade and I’m not gunna lie, I’m digging the colors!
The buds are still pushing out new pistils and we putting on some weight. It will be 6 weeks on Wednesday so I have about 2 or 3 weeks left to go.
C0D1975D-FC1F-4298-A8B7-CCF430BE496D.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom