Jay’s Organic SIP Grows Some Cheese: Current

Ok now I'm really curious....SIP? What's that stand for?
SIP stands for Sub Irrigated Planter
You fill a reservoir at the bottom of the container, there is a wicking medium (peat moss) that draws the water up into the soil where the plants can access it.
All the nutrients are pre mixed into the soil.
It is very low maintenance and once you have the soil nutrient ratios down it is very simple to run.
974965FC-C2CD-4A77-99FB-48A819DC3D1D.jpeg

It’s starting to look like fall in my tent these days! In the next few days I’ll check to see where the trichromes are to get an idea of how much longer I have until it’s harvest time.

3AD9458B-8EC5-460F-9215-46663E4161C5.jpeg

Thanks guys! She is moving right along and smells very strong. Time to get another carbon filter to filter the air in my garage. I can home last night and could smell it in my house. The wife hasn’t said anything but it is only a matter of time before she does

She is definitely getting close, checked the trichromes and the majority are cloudy but not a lot were amber yet.
I’m trying to decide exactly when to chop. I am going out of town at the end of next week and I’m not sure if she will be ready before I leave.
If not, I think I will reduce the hours of light to 9 on and 15 off for the 3 days I’m gone. Time will tell.
6EFC0E09-880A-406E-8B12-CE93BF734151.jpeg
17560B9D-4B46-43FC-BC97-23DD6549CF6A.jpeg

Awesome grow my friend! I don’t know why I was here, but the tab has been open on my iPad for some weeks now lol. Probably was searching for info on organics. Glad I didn’t close it because I’m definitely interested in the SIP system! Thanks a lot bro

Awesome grow my friend! I don’t know why I was here, but the tab has been open on my iPad for some weeks now lol. Probably was searching for info on organics. Glad I didn’t close it because I’m definitely interested in the SIP system! Thanks a lot bro
Thank you! I'm glad you kept that tab open too lol, I open tabs all the time and when I have time go back through them.
Let me know if you have any questions, I am by no means an expert with organics but have gained some knowledge over the past 2 years growing with living soil in my sips.
:passitleft:

I think she has just about finished up, I’m not seeing her fatten up as much as I thought she would. Still looks like I’ll get a decent yield.
My trip was canceled so I think I’ll cut her down Friday. I like experimenting with drying and curing so with my last grow I just cut the stem and left the whole plant hanging in my trellis.
I removed the sip from my tent so only the plant was in there and let her dry. I actually left her in there untouched for about 4 months. I then cut each branch out and dry trimmed and jarred. Without a doubt that bud is the best tasting, smelling , and burning that I have ever grown.
I want to try to replicate that again but I will have to move the plant to another location so I can start my next grow.
I’ll have to figure that out in the next week or two.
I’ll also need to make a decision on what I will be growing next. I got a few auto freebies with my last order that I am thinking of running and see how they do in the sip?
Decisions decisions!

58E2B50C-444E-43C5-960D-50B8859EFFBF.jpeg
BA1CC3BB-6576-4CB6-BB7C-54E4A5A90810.jpeg

Well Friday was the day, trichomes were cloudy with about 25% amber. She had nothing left to give and was starting to foxtail.
I cut the main stalk and removed the sip from the tent. I am going to let her hang in the trellis and slow dry in the tent. She will probably hang for about a month until the next plant is big enough to reach the trellis.
The tent is perfect at keeping the humidity within the range needed to dry her slowly.
I’ll update again with what I’ll be running on the next round... I’m leaning towards an auto.
9B4A041A-50C6-4DF1-8B80-EB67757BCD8C.jpeg
01C9E061-5528-441B-8C2E-1B54C6195621.jpeg
698CDBE7-62D8-4920-9316-52C601D873E1.jpeg
6EE96298-9284-4237-9A34-6624800B58A8.jpeg
78842CA6-BD16-4EDD-B4B0-C358811C18F8.jpeg

So I’ve been going back and forth between growing Strawberry Gum Auto from Advanced seeds and Pineapple Glue Auto from Advanced seeds.
I think I’m settled on the Strawberry gum. I’ve never run anything from this breeder before nor have I grown an auto before.
If anyone out there has any advice on growing autos feel free to drop some on me.
It says they finish in 65/70 days, is that from onset of flower or from sprouting? I would assume it’s from the onset of flower but I’m not sure.

As for the blueberry cheesecake, she is still drying low and slow. We’ve had rain the past couple days and that has help keep the humidity in the mid to high 50s.
Leaving all the stem on really helps to keep the bud from drying too quickly.
I’ll post another pick now that she is all droopy leaves.

So I’ve been going back and forth between growing Strawberry Gum Auto from Advanced seeds and Pineapple Glue Auto from Advanced seeds.
I think I’m settled on the Strawberry gum. I’ve never run anything from this breeder before nor have I grown an auto before.
If anyone out there has any advice on growing autos feel free to drop some on me.
It says they finish in 65/70 days, is that from onset of flower or from sprouting? I would assume it’s from the onset of flower but I’m not sure.

As for the blueberry cheesecake, she is still drying low and slow. We’ve had rain the past couple days and that has help keep the humidity in the mid to high 50s.
Leaving all the stem on really helps to keep the bud from drying too quickly.
I’ll post another pick now that she is all droopy leaves.

Its the time from germination assuming ideal conditions. But some can improve when run longer from what I understand. Because you are running organic soil, I'd find an auto breeder that does the same. Autos won't get the proper time to adjust themselves to a new medium, if you believe in epigenetics at least. I haven't run any autos mind you but I have done my research and Mandolorian Genetics would be my first choice. Not sure if I can post outside links but the info is out there. He's been on Future Cannabis Project several times. The guy has been doing only autos for 12 years and started a forum based on it. Bobby's Widow is new, JEM is a CBG strain, and the rest I don't know. I think they are all selected at least partial for hash making. Personally I'm eyeing Sherbinski's autos as well, but don't know as much about them.

Its the time from germination assuming ideal conditions. But some can improve when run longer from what I understand. Because you are running organic soil, I'd find an auto breeder that does the same. Autos won't get the proper time to adjust themselves to a new medium, if you believe in epigenetics at least. I haven't run any autos mind you but I have done my research and Mandolorian Genetics would be my first choice. Not sure if I can post outside links but the info is out there. He's been on Future Cannabis Project several times. The guy has been doing only autos for 12 years and started a forum based on it. Bobby's Widow is new, JEM is a CBG strain, and the rest I don't know. I think they are all selected at least partial for hash making. Personally I'm eyeing Sherbinski's autos as well, but don't know as much about them.
Much appreciated, Drew! I will check those breeders out for sure. I definitely believe that strains specifically cultivated using organics will do far better when grown in the same manner.
I have some autos that are not of organic stock but will do for my first attempt.
Once I feel like I’ve got it down I’ll start looking for some organically grown stock.

Much appreciated, Drew! I will check those breeders out for sure. I definitely believe that strains specifically cultivated using organics will do far better when grown in the same manner.
I have some autos that are not of organic stock but will do for my first attempt.
Once I feel like I’ve got it down I’ll start looking for some organically grown stock.
We're doing the same actually. May even take some dried up soil and throw a low dose of controlled release synthetics in, if I try doing a SIP.

Wow! 8 months later and I’m back..
The Blueberry Cheesecake is still sitting un-jarred in my small tent in the garage.
She wells of a sweetly sour cream and blueberry. Her smoke is light and airy.
The high is mild and euphoric and a great activity or creativity enhancing stone.

I tried to run an auto flower but was unsuccessful. My soil is living and I’ve found that starting seeds directly in it is not favorable. I usually start in a small pot and then transplant after a week or two. This is not recommended with an auto as I found out. It seemed as though she started flowering as soon as she was transplanted. I honestly didn’t even think they could flower so young. She never mad it past her second set of leaves.
B6FEAF9F-A68B-4632-8077-8E072FF7CEA4.jpeg

Honestly the weirdest thing I’ve seen in growing so far!

Well, after a few months off and now that the weather has cooled off, it is time to start a new grow.

This time I am growing Peyote WiFi fem. Peyote Wi-Fi is an indica-dominant cross of Wi-Fi (The White x Fire OG) and Peyote Purple (selected Bubba Kush phenotype).

I popped a seed on Monday and have a sprout showing today. I’ll snap a pic and upload but right now there is not much to see. I am debating on doings the usual scrog or just topping once and having two big mains… time will tell.
Excited for this grow, hope you stick around.

Tonight I had to restock my supply of edibles, and my go to is chocolate! I mix at about 100g chocolate to 1g of decarbed kief. that ratio yields me one bar with 24 pieces. Tonight I made a double batch, one for me and one for my neighbors.
Does anyone have any experience measuring thc content in kief? I looked up that on average 1g of kief = 500mg of thc. Obviously that is dependent on strain and other factors I’m sure.
Using that formula I estimate each square is roughly 20mg.
They get the job done, I take a square every night (sometimes two) and sleep like a baby!
33F7E443-BF1B-43E5-9B76-F8AB366E0387.jpeg
84B52A68-1F2F-461D-921B-ACAC6E91575E.jpeg
A6AB007E-AB6B-4AE7-BA7F-3755270B0A59.jpeg
BC5119B7-3AF1-4C24-BBC8-B134F5B6AE7C.jpeg
A7A7D88E-CE48-4668-A6C7-9F417BAE7F2B.jpeg
1EB152F2-E0A5-499C-A668-0EC8F95ECFF7.jpeg
``You know you`re a grower when...``... you make chocolate bars from Keif, 50% THC.

Baller move my friend, baller.

Back
Top Bottom