Lootznbootz - 3x3 - 600W - Soil - Hydro

lootznbootz

Ok so we all know why we're here so im just gunna jump right into it.
This is my second grow only this time i went out and spent some money.

EQUIPMENT:

4x3 tent (3x3 flower side & 1x3 veg side)
600w digital dimmable ballast
MH/HPS
Air cooled hood
440 cfm inline fan & carbon scrubber
1 300w 2700k cfl
2 150w coolwhite cfl
4 100w softwhite cfl
1 100w 2700k cfl
2 6in clip fans
1 12 in oscilating fan
FFOF
R/O water
advanced nutrients hobbyist bundle
Grow
Micro
Bloom
Voodoo juice
B-52
Big Bud
Overdrive
I have some calimagic and liquid carboload as well as ph up and down
I am also running a 5 Gal bubble bucket that will stay in my flower side
I have nirvanas Northern Lights and 10 random freebies i purchased all regular seeds purposely so i could essentially keep these genetics forever.

THE JOURNAL:

Ok so heres whats going on...
I started A TON of bag seeds just until my nirvanas showed up.
When they finally did i started 4 randoms and 4 of the northernlights 2 in soil and 2 in rockwool of each.
I eventually took 8 of the best looking of all the bagseed put them into 1 gal pots under 250w of MH under 12/12 they were about 10 days old give or take. Those have been under there for a week now.

I just put a bag seed in my bubble bucket.
Mixed 1/4 strength nute solution of grow micro bloom voodoo juice b52 greatwhite and some calmag.
It has been in just rockwool and hasnt had any feedings so its behind the other ones but i know itll catch up soon.

The plan is to veg out my nirvana strains and train them exactly how i want while i wait for these little ones to finish. take some clones and flower my seeds and start a perpetual cycle off of the clones.

Im hoping that with the northern lights being an 8 to 10 week strain i can get my total time to about 12 weeks per harvest giving me 4 harvest a year veg time included.

I wont be scrogging but i will trying to mainline these first seeds then the clones will all be trained with lst and super cropping.

Well thats all for now ill be posting some pictures soon.
Thanks for following!

20160409_031636.jpg
20160408_120359.jpg
20160409_031644.jpg
20160409_031650.jpg
20160409_031702.jpg

That's quite the endeavour, I wish you the best of luck for this season's grow. Hope you get a majority of females from your bagseeds, I think it adds to the excitement, but also is very depressing when you rip out the males you've been working on for weeks. Lol. But it's worth it, I've again man, goodluck to you and...

KiG :green_heart:Cheers

Thank you!
yea it does add another level of excitement to it all. My northern lights and randoms from nirvana are regular so i dont know what they are either but those im not to upset if i find males...
Funny thing is i was just looking in my tent before the lights go out and on my flower side 3x3 under 400w of mh and 12/12 im noticing some of them are getting the secondary branching underneath already while some are growing taller first rather than growing those lower leaves and in my experience besides the flower stretch those are males. 2 of 8 on the flower side will have to go is what it looks like but we still have a couple weeks for sure
As for my nirvana seeds i have faith their females using the same logic and just that feeling you get when your growing a plant lol any way thabks for stopping by and hope to see you as this gets really rolling peace

So the plants have been coming along very nicely the 8 in 12/12 from seed have started somewhat of a stretch and ive started to use lst to keep them all low and expose light and air to their secondary hranching thats starting on some more than others.

As for my veg side my northernlights from nirvana and the randoms there all at different stages
Currently there are 2 NL and 1 random in 2 gallon pots while the rest are in solo cups.
My seeds from nirvana are going to be mainlined.
This will allow me to add enough veg time to them so that when they are ready my flower side will be empty and ready to start our perpetual cycle.
Isupercropped and lstd the plants for about a day or 2 and let some of those lower branches start to extend a little once they recovered and were looking back up i let them go and topped the biggest NL and biggest random at the third nodes.
I left all the lower nodes on because ill be using those as my clones once they get long enough ill cut those and do another topping to the tops again giving me 4.
We will be building these to 8 per plant
I will post pictures but for jow im running late to work lol

Ok so updates have been a little difficult with work and tending to the garden, but that doesnt mean ive been putting that much effort into the garden.
Its been pretty crazy and so an update is definitely overdue.

Ok so my 12/12 from seed experiment crashed and burned pretty quickly.
I had 8 bagseed in 1 gal pots in ffof and under 400w of mh and then yesterday i noticed the boys...
5 of 8 males confirmed so i just cut all 8 i wont get nearly enough weight to from 3 12/12 from seed so i decided to focus on just our nirvana northernlights and freebies.

Now there are 4 plants under 400w of mh in 2 gal pots.
I have 2 NL and 2 freebies all 26 days from seed all topped.
I am considering this week 2 but we will be vegging until they are recovered from their last topping and lollipopping to create the 8 cola manifold.

I will be cloning everything under my 3rd node in the next day or 2 and topping the 2 main heads to make 4.

If anyone has any suggestions or comments questions please let me know id like to hear some feedback and make sure im on the right track and have a good idea of the plan i have in place. Thank in advance guys

Ok a quick update i started the mainline on my freebie and NL clipping all lower growth and cloning
(Well attempting)
The plants this morning didnt look to upset about it well see how they respond in the next couple of days.

The clones were wilting this morning from the freebie NL still standing up not too worried yet just gunna do my best to maintain the environment and see if we cant get some roots i have 4 of each i just need one of each to pop lol.

Thats all for now trying to upload pictures now

So 24 hours after strippin 2 of the plants for everything but the top 2 heads everything is looking great!

Nothing can stop this NL from growing!
I see why it is a beginner strain.
The clones that i took from it a doing great as well alive and standing up.
The freebies not so much their still alive and well tho. Im just gunna give it time and maintain the environment as best as i can.
Until they shrivel up and dry out im not giving up on them lol.

I know i owe alot of pictures sorry if anyone is actually following. But for some reason it tells me its a successful upload then its not in my gallery to post it.. Ill figure it out.

There are no signs of stress to any of the plants at all the knots where i made my cuts are just about hardened and dried out already.

Another couple days and we will be ready for the second topping giving us 4 heads.
I gave the plants regular R/O water yesterday.
When it is time to water again i will be bumping up the nutrients to 1/2 strength.
I gave 6 cups to my 2 gallon pots
is that too much?
I let the soil dry a good bit in between watering and i try to only give just enough to get 2 of 6 cups to run off. When i start watering more i would increase that ratio obviously.
Do i have this correct?

I feel really good about this grow its my second time and first with a decent setup. The results im seeing now are thanks to alot of time reading the journals past and present here on 420. I know people see this because of the views so to everyone who stops by thanks. Im sure alot of people dont see a problem and move on lol but anyway rant over now to get those pictures posted!

Some notable changes and updates to post.

A couple of the plants were starting to show me signs.
This freebie from nirvana had lime green new growth and thin weak stems with slower than the rest in growth
20160422_130557.jpg

And my NL that is being mainlined was showing tiny brown spots on the older leaves i dont have a good picture currently to show it.
But i started thinking and besides the fact that they had not been fed much at all.
Im using r/o water which i know isnt necessary for soil but i dont trust my tap water that much and its only 2.14 for 5 gallons id rather deal with the pita then use it. Thats just how questionable it is.
Any way i decided that when i fed them this weekend i was going to add calmag first full dose.
My nutrients i mixed at half strength.
Also the last time i watered i noticed a very low ph so my water being about 6.5 i raised my ph to about 8 added my nutes which brought be back to around 7ish because i wanted it to fall back to around 7 after watering.
I tested some runoff a few times and it got close so ill wait and see but so far they seem to have responded.

Also i went away with my cfls for now and am using all 600w of my MH and all of my nirvana seeds under it
20160425_005955.jpg

This was just as i turned it to 600 and moved them in
20160425_131104.jpg

This was 12 hours later.
Here are some more recent photos
20160425_010016.jpg
20160425_131118.jpg
20160425_010032.jpg

So far the freebie looks to be recovering

Also i decided that im going to be doing a couple different techniques to do side by side and see what i like best as far as lst supercropping mainlining and topping id like to see the results for myself so i can find something to work in my future grow and fine tune to my own design and system.

Anyway thanks for checking in plz leave some feedback and let me know what you think did i handle those problems correctly? Should i have done something else or not done something? Id love to hear so advice good or bad thanks guys later

12 hours since my last update.... I come home open my tent and BOOM!
20160426_032744.jpg

I know im noobing out right now
Chill bro they only grew a 1/4 inch
All the problems i ran into have cleared up and the plants are going strong.
I will never grow under anything but HID!
Compared to what i was seeing last grow under fluorescents in the same amount of time in hydro speaks for itself!

I lstd what i seen either grew past its restraint or needed to be restrained in general.
This NL i will let grow up some and then begin topping and lollipopping anything not worth keeping
20160426_032818.jpg
20160425_131118.jpg

I ran out of room in the pot to lst so ill let the stems harden in the shape their in and grow upward before i transplant this weekend

This NL is being mainlined and has one more top to go before its ready ive been stalling on cleaning everything under the 3rd node but on the heads establish themselves ill clean everything under them and prepare them for the final top giving me 8 colas
20160425_010032.jpg

No burn at 1/2 strength
More than likely well keep it here unless i see a need to bump it up again.

Ok ready for an update alot has happened since the last so lets get right in.

I was noticing some brown spots that looked to be a ph issue so i was adjusting my water higher in hopes to bring it up into the 7 where i want it.

I also noticed the need to uppot some time ago but let them go until yesterday.

Just before the uppot
20160430_143234.jpg

So in preparation for this i let them go a little dry.
I watered them 24 hours before i planned on transplanting. It makes it easier and less messy doing it this way.
The roots were underneath my layer of hydroton and perlite at the bottom of my pots!
Ill try to find the picture i got later...

All transplants went smoothly this was just after
20160501_210712.jpg

I then went ahead and continued with training on my 2 mainlines i stripped everything but my 4 main heads and tied those down their almost ready for their final topping when they recover from that they will be getting one more week of veg then flip. Tis is after all cutting and binding has been done.
20160502_130359.jpg

Some things to note a few of the plants are showing signs of sex already which is obviously possible so far 2 females and a male sativa that im just waiting for a definete answer but looks like it ill be getting removed in the next few weeks.

Also because my schedule makes it hard to keep up with clones.
Ill be building a cloner to do the work for me while i cant. The NL i cloned last time rooted but never broke through rockwool they were drying out and wilted veey badly i took new cuts from the same plant and well br trying again since i was so close to success it makes no sense not to try again lol

If i do get successful clones before the switch i will be keeping my tent divided and vegging in the extra 1x3 if i cannot i will be using all 4x3 to flower all 8 keeping in mind this might change when we see definite signs of sex.

As for now well keep going one day at a time.

Almost forgot last watering was at 3/4 strength. My local shop advised it might clear up the problems i was seeing. Worst case they burn a little once and we know to back off and find what these strains like. 2 days later no burn at all well keep a close eye for that but so far looks good.

Today makes 43 days from seed. And from the looks of the plants i think 45 days is more than enough.
Besides the fact that one of the freebie sativas dwarfs the other plants.
Almost all of them have a preflower somewhere on the plant so far it looks like 6 females and 2 males 1 NL and 1 freebie
Unfortunately the NL i was mainlining looks to be a boy thats a bummer but im still happy with 6 out of 8 (still to be confirmed)

Ive also turned my dwc bucket into a cloning bucket now...
20160505_130007.jpg
20160505_130018.jpg

I filled it up with water just enoygh so that the airstone makes the bubbles pop just under the cubes keeping them moist and humid especially with my diy tupperware dome lol

I went ahead and switched to hps as well.
I will be switching in 2 days so i figured id throw it in there and let them get used to the light.

I will continue this update later after work my 10 minute union break is over lol

Ok so had a very busy weekend so far. Been hard to update.

All is amazing!
Out of 8 regular NL and freebies from nirvana 7 of 8 are showing female preflowers.
Today will be the last day of veg 45 days from seed.
I will be taking cuttings from these today.
I having a few cutting from the 2 mainlines in my cloning bucket.

There arent any roots poking out the bottoms yet but they seem to be standing taller reaching out of the bucket now...
Im hoping they root in the next few days so that i can put these new cuttings into the bucket asap

This is what i woke up too this morning
20160508_102344.jpg
20160508_102402.jpg

As you can see everything is loving the 600w hps
I have propped up everything to creat an even canopy with the biggest sativa in the middle
So far everything has continued to stay pretty even over the last few days
I gave a water the other day of just phd r/o water with added cal/mag to give a preflower flush.

Tomorrow will be their first day of 12/12.
They should be ready for another water tomorrow and we will be going with week 1 bloom according to AN.
I noticed very slight burn at 3/4 the last time on some of the sativas.
So i think well take it back down to 1/2 strength and build it back up and be catious of those

Thats all for now i might post some more pictures of the last day of veg

Hey man lookin good. We got the same tent, love it so far. I'm about to throw together a new journal this am, but check out the last journal in my Sig. Wasn't a well documented perpetual attempt, mostly just my flowering plants, but it shows what the tents capable of, lol keep it up man!

Hey thanks for stoppin by. And ill definitely be stopping by and checking out what you got. Yea were about to see exactly what this set up can do the lights go off at 12 for the first day of 12/12 today. So stay tuned it shouldnt be long. Im gunna head over to your sig now im interested on how you set up everything i feel theres a better way i just dont have the space for it in my house. Anyway thank you very much for stopping by hope to see you stick around

Biggest changes that gave me real impact is I'm now running separate exhaust ducts for my light and carbon filters, and nodded the shelf in the veg chamber. I'll get some good pics of that up in my new journal, which I just finished the first post of. Gonna get it in my Sig now.

Back
Top Bottom