Low Watts - High Yield - Let's Smash the 1 GPW Benchmark Together

Hello everyone,

This journal has been a long time coming. In the past, my journaling entailed some talking and LOTS of pictures. However, in this journal which will detail the complete build of my new space and then some runs in it, I'll be forced to do a lot of talking/typing in order to explain what I did and why I did it. There will still be LOTS of pics, though....lol.

This first post is simply an introduction which will allow folks within the community to find this journal and hopefully subscribe to follow along. I'm banking that we'll all learn a few new things together along the way.

A little background: About a year ago, my Wife and I purchased a property which is far removed from any nosy neighbors. This space will allow me to "spread my wings" if you will, as a grower. It's been my dream for several years to do this and now, I am. After purchasing the property, I found myself with a lot of work to do which is why this journal has taken so long to come to fruition. However, I've made some good progress over the last few months and things are starting to pick up. While things are not completely finished, there's enough going on that I feel it's time to share some information with others.

The thing that hindered progress the most was waiting for my Mothers to grow up and provide me with clones, which in my garden, takes 4-6 months as I LST them. I also went through some Aero cloning issues which I found solutions to and will detail in this journal. Once that was solved, the process became more streamlined.

For those interested, here's what this journal will include:

1. A detailed buildout of my new space which includes an 11'x11' veg/clone room, a 20' x 11' flower/room
2. Flowering runs of 300+, SOG plants in 2 Liters
3. Dual 600 Watt lights on 6' light rails over side by side, custom built drain tables (may soon upgrade to 1000's)
4. Plans for an auto drip irrigation system which I have designed but not built yet. I have chosen to hand feed but still plan on discussing the irrigation system
5. Cloning runs of 200 babies at a time in (4) 50 site Aero Cloners
6. The how's -- why's -- whats-- what nots-- etc, of getting into something like this
7. Nugs, Nugs, and more Frosty Nugs

Most here know I grow SOG style in 2 Liters so the emphasis of this journal will be on the build itself and a low watt garden which can surpass the 1 Gram Per Watt benchmark. You don't have to embark on a 15k build or run 20K flowering watts to enjoy large yields.

My ENTIRE operation, from veg and flowering lights, to the pumps in my cloners, to my oscillating fans, runs on less than 2500 watts.

I run 1200 flowering watts. Each table holds (154) 2 Liters and sits under (1) 600 watt HPS unit on a light rail. If I can average 4 grams per SOG plant, that's 616 dried grams(22 ounces) harvested from each table, or 1 gram per watt, per run.

I'm betting we can do just a little better than that. Come along for the ride and see.

dinner.JPG

nice!

im experimenting with a completely new type of defoliation technique for this type of growing. if it amounts to anything at all ill let you know asap so you can consider incoperating it.

lets just say it involves only ever taking a mere 2 leaves a session , think tea farming ;)

I applaud growers who try new things. Let me know how it works out for you.

I have also toyed with the idea of adjusting my defoliation to one session on day 36 and I am going to try that along the way in this journal so we'll all get to see how it performs.

yeah we generally defoliate to achieve 2 seperate things. internodal spacing and light exposure to buds.

when it comes to internodal spacing i have a 'hunch' that the two top leaves (not the forming pair that you would FiM. but the preceding pair) are responsible for sending a signal to the plant that its ok to wait a while till new node and with just them removed it will node faster. if this is the case, we can blend that type of defoliation in veg to maximise nodes for minimal shock, then use total defo for the yield bit.

Nice looking setup! subbed to see what the yields ends up being.

OH MY GODS!!!:adore:

:popcorn:

I am SO in for this!

Been a 420fied voyer for while.
Time to come out of the shadows.

K

Nice looking setup! subbed to see what the yields ends up being.

420fied truly has a green thumb. I am subbed for this one for sure.

putting up a chair for this 1

OH MY GODS!!!:adore:

:popcorn:

I am SO in for this!

Been a 420fied voyer for while.
Time to come out of the shadows.

K

Now thats a grow. Very impressive

Subbed. Looking forward to see the final tally.

Thanks everyone. I encourage all of you to add your input, suggestions, and also ask questions. I want everyone who reads this journal to take away something they can apply to their own situation.

To give you guys an idea of what I'm looking at

154 plants per table under 600 watts -- If I average:

4 grams per plant = 1GPW
8 grams per plant = 2GPW
12 grams per plant = 3GPW

In the past, I have averaged 15-16 grams per plant. However, the rails will take away some of the mass on the plants. I am just starting to run flowering plants but I'm guessing my per plant average will fall in the 8-9 dried gram range.

If I hit 8 grams per plant, I'll operate at 2 grams per watt and that rivals the production of any vertical setup.

Who knows? We might all get surprised and do even better than that. We'll all find out together.

I am really impressed with your cloners. I've read all of SteveHmans grows. His achievements are my goals. He mentioned you a number of times, all with much respect.

I bookmarked your DIY for the cloner. This will definitely be a near future project.

Much luck with the grow.

I am really impressed with your cloners. I've read all of SteveHmans grows. His achievements are my goals. He mentioned you a number of times, all with much respect.

I bookmarked your DIY for the cloner. This will definitely be a near future project.

Much luck with the grow.

Thanks for the kind word on my cloners. Steve is a great grower to follow. He's like McGyver. You could give him a 26watt CFL, a shoelace, stick of gum, and an extension cord and he'd be able to put together a grow system that would produce 1GPW...lol .

The respect is mutual.

Thanks for stopping by. Please come back and partake in the discussions.

Back
Top Bottom