Mack Meets Cinderella In Soil - A Love Story In Flux

Katya had her first 12-hour dark period last night. :cheer: Measuring from the floor of the tent, her two main tops are 12.5" high. Most of that is, of course, the 5-gallon pot. :) I'm eager/interested/nervous to see how much she stretches.

Here i was thinking that your other plant was your only plant. This girl looks awesome!

Thanks, Guy! Today, Katya is 8 weeks old. She's been on 12/12 since Wednesday. She hasn't begun to stretch yet, but the two main tops were growing a little faster than the rest, so I adjusted the gardening staples to pull them down a bit more. Ideally, I'd like to keep the canopy tops even as she stretches. :morenutes:

She got about 32oz of water on 14 Dec, but she's not been a big drinker. Probably due to the 5-gallon pot she's in, huh? I did a light defoil in the center that day, too, just to make sure those future cola sites were getting enough "sun."

56_days1.JPG

Yeah she looks fantastic. You've done a great training job on her! What strain is she?

Hey Guy. She's a Cinderella 99 - my first attempt growing this strain. I picked it partly because of its short stature.

Very nice! One of my favourites so far is Hash plant. Also a low compact girl. A good friend who has taught me a pile has given me some seeds to a much taller strain. They are ATF, I'm dying to grow them. Just waiting for some final work/ time to work on my grow room.

Cool! I bought some CBD Hash Plant seeds from Seedsman, which are a CBD strain/Hash Plant cross. I'm planning to alternate recreational with medicinal grows. For the medicinal plant, I'd like to alternate sativa for wake & bake pain relief with indica for evening wind down & sleep, so I'll probably grow that one in the spring.

Macks has been on 12/12 for 6 days now. She's grown 1/2 inch since the flip. Today, she got ~45oz water with FFBig Bloom micronutes @ pH 6.4.

59_days.JPG

59_days_1.JPG

Hi Mac just stumbled across your journal your plants is lookin good I'm growing Cinderella 99 too and my seeds popped the same day as yours but I'm doing a simple top once and let it go grow in coco coir. If you get a chance stop by and take a look . Best wishes on your grow .

Hi SOG, welcome! That's a really nice grow space you have, and lovely plants! I'm curious about coco, but I'll continue with soil for a bit, at least until I've used up what I've purchased. Love your C99s! I can't wait to see such pretty flowers on my girl. :) Did she stretch a lot when you flipped her?

Hey Van! Yah, Katya's going vertical now. I'm only pulling down the tops a tiny bit to keep the canopy more or less even. No more heavy defoliating or tying down. I'll tuck leaves going forward to expose hidden tops.

60_days.JPG

This is her side view 2 days ago:

58_days_11.JPG

And this is her side view today. She seems to have grown about an inch since the flip to 12/12 one week ago today.

60_days_1.JPG

Katya's grown a little more since yesterday. She's up to 14" from the floor to the tops (including pot height). Still has another 8" of room to grow before I start to worry about getting too close to the LED. :)

Hi SOG, welcome! That's a really nice grow space you have, and lovely plants! I'm curious about coco, but I'll continue with soil for a bit, at least until I've used up what I've purchased. Love your C99s! I can't wait to see such pretty flowers on my girl. :) Did she stretch a lot when you flipped her?

Thanks Mack She has more than doubled in size since the flip she is the biggest in the room and puttin on the most buds

Miss Katya is doing great. She's 9 weeks old today and 10 days into flowering. Looks like she's starting to develop some baby flowers. She'll get water in a bit -- I just need to pH some. I noticed brown tips on a couple leaves yesterday, so just plain water today. (Brown leaf tips indicates nute burn, yes?) Her last feeding was on the 19th and she got water with Big Bloom micronutes. On the 14th, she got Big Bloom and Grow Big, so that might've been too much for her.

UPDATE: Fed ~72oz ZeroWater @ pH 6.4; runoff was pH 5.9

Here she is this morning.

63_days.JPG
63_days_1.JPG
63_days_2.JPG

64 days old. Her tops are now 15 inches above the floor, and 20 inches below the LED. Tucked a few fan leaves and used gardening ties to lower the two main tops to canopy height.

64_days1.JPG

64_days_11.JPG

64_days_3.JPG

65 days old. Her tops are now 16 inches from the floor. Flowers are developing nicely. I love this stage of development as the tops become flowers. :)

65_days.JPG

65_days_21.JPG

65_days_41.JPG

High Mack,

She's looking very nice! Hope she produces for you. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Back
Top Bottom