Magnus8's Canna Cream, Body Butter & Canna Lotion Study Hall

Hey Magnus, and Gudyul and Chew and Dr. Ziggy ( I like that name ) and SG ( we know who that is so no acro needed ? I like that fish quote. I love to fish and eat them too! Love all you , my friends :circle-of-love:

Where's our friend Gudyul ? Maybe on vacation . Hope to everyone soon but for now I have to go with my wife to search the world over for the most perfect yorkie puppy we can find. May take awhile.:green_heart:
20170124_093743_1_.jpg
20170124_093616_1_.jpg
mqdefault1.jpg

I won't be here tomorrow because I have my weekly appointment for my shots in my back. Have to get a refill on my fentanyl, too. BUT I also have an appointment with the Dr at my clinic who gives out permissions for medical marijuana!!! Hopefully by this time tomorrow I'll be a licensed mmj client. Keep your fingers crossed. If not, and they take away my fentanyl (which they are saying they will do) then I've no idea what I'm gonna do. But I'm sure everything will go OK. I'm the perfect candidate for mmj. I'm on opiates, I fit the bill for classed disorders, and the reasoning for instituting mmj in Canada is to reduce opiate use among the population.

Soooooo... wish me luck!!!!!!!

Gotta go to bed. It's a two hour drive to Edmonton.

I won't be here tomorrow because I have my weekly appointment for my shots in my back. Have to get a refill on my fentanyl, too. BUT I also have an appointment with the Dr at my clinic who gives out permissions for medical marijuana!!! Hopefully by this time tomorrow I'll be a licensed mmj client. Keep your fingers crossed. If not, and they take away my fentanyl (which they are saying they will do) then I've no idea what I'm gonna do. But I'm sure everything will go OK. I'm the perfect candidate for mmj. I'm on opiates, I fit the bill for classed disorders, and the reasoning for instituting mmj in Canada is to reduce opiate use among the population.

Soooooo... wish me luck!!!!!!!

Gotta go to bed. It's a two hour drive to Edmonton.

Good Karma still with you Magnus8! Anxiously awaiting your report when you return. Safe driving to you as well.

:circle-of-love:

Good Karma still with you Magnus8! Anxiously awaiting your report when you return. Safe driving to you as well.

Thanks Cannafan!

Got a "stopover" while I wait with my tablet in the drs office. On pins and needles...

Driving was treacherous on the way into town. Deep, deep fog all 2 hours, right up until Edmonton. Though it was be-yoo-tee-ful, it was still difficult to drive.

The drs appointment didn't go as well as planned. He wants me to see their resident psychiatrist because I've got bipolar disorder. Well controlled, bipolar disorder, I might add. Haven't had a manic episode in over 3 years ever since starting lithium therapy. Dr is concerned that the cannabis will through me head over heels into mania -- which I think is stupid. I told him that I had used it for over a year at one point for pain and it didn't cause any manic episodes during that time. None at all. In fact, it helped me sleep like a baby, and sleep deprivation is the one thing that WILL make me manic before anything else. So were do we go from here? I'm seeing the psych lady from Gorgon on 8 Feb (I think that is the date) and IF she says it's okay, then I get to go on cannabis therapy.

So I went to my favourite store where i buy all my supplies and the kind lady there gave me the name of a website where you sign on and lo and behold they give you an appointment with a doctor who gives you your mmj license no questions asked. Apparently. So I get into the car and pull out the tablet and look up the site and -- lo and behold -- there's this site where you can book an appointment with the said doctor to sign up for your mmj license. The site is called "Natural Healing Medicine" or some such thing. So I've got an appointment with the good doctor THERE on 17 Feb at 1:00 pm. Just in case it doesn't work out with the psych lady from Gorgon.

I'll be damned. I'm not going to let some stupid, uninformed doctors prevent me from getting the medicine that I deserve and need just because of their own ignorance about psych issues. No fucking way.

And in the meantime, I'm going to continue to grow my own, first, illegal grow. I'll get my medicine one way or another. Damn them all. Damn them to hell.

(Yes, i'm a little pissed about the day's events.)

Results of the new cream: The constancy with 8% beeswax is better. It is more gelatinous then my previous versions, but there is much less BW. The effectiveness of the cream seems to be far superior to the last version. As promised, the GSO absorbs very well and seems to pull the cannabinoids deeper into the tissue. I used it on my knee last night and woke with almost no pain. I put it on my wife's back and shoulders last night and she woke with much reduced pain and stiffness this AM. Maybe a few more tweaks here and there, but I think we have a winner here!!! Thanks for the help Magnus!!! +reps :circle-of-love::peace:

Hey SG,

You are so very, very welcome. Hopefully with some more tweaks, you'll have a cream/butter that will not only be effective, but that you will be proud to use, proud to share, proud to have made with your own two hands.

Now, what kinds of tweaks were you thinking of?

Also, at the risk of sounding like a broken fucking record, would you mind from now on spelling out GSO the first time you use it in a post? Any one of us who have been following your path through this journey knows that you mean Grape Seed Oil, but I am concerned that we will be having an influx of people coming to this thread as word gets out about it, and they will have trouble knowing what GSO means the first time they read it.

As I said to DrZiggy and someone before him (cannot remember who right now) I'd like to follow common english language usage of acronyms on this thread so that everyone -- even newcomers to the site -- will be able to understand what the heck we are all saying.

And please don't take this as being rude. I'm not, in any way, trying to be rude to you.

I am only trying to increase how available our work it to others, even the newcomers.

Please understand.

And CONGRATULATIONS ON THE CREAM. Bravo! Libations poured all around (except it's only eight o'clock in the morning where I am...) Well, libations anyway. You deserve it for all the hard work!

:thanks: Magnus. I'm one of those newbies who doesn't know/recognize all the acronyms yet and I appreciate you asking people to spell it out at least once in their posts. Reps to you!

Re: Magnus8's Canna Cream - Body Butter - & Canna Lotion Study Hall

Hi Magnus.

I wondered if you might like to edit one of your first posts to this thread with the info below so that people new to the thread will know the rules right off the bat?

Just a thought....

:Namaste:

First of all (and I knew we'd come up against this issue sooner rather than late) can we stick to common English language conventions regarding acronyms, please?

The proper way to use an acronym in written text is to spell out the words and then, after the words, and in parentheses, spell out the acronym. For example:

He went to WalMart to buy some more concentrated cannabis oil (CCO), but the store was out.

This allows for:
1). Less confusion,
2). Clearer and cleaner communication, and
3). Beginners to our boards and rooms time to learn our lingo.

After using the acronym in this manner in the first place, you may then feel free to use the acronym alone.

Please, it will help the newcomer a lot.

Okay, jingo, so what is "QWET" and ETOH".

Reading past these acronyms, I believe you are making extractions for use in edibles. In this room we are studying how to producevtopical lotions, creams and body butters -- not edible butter. You may be confused a bit.

The kind of extraction you are performing would be unsuitable for topical application as it would be very harsh, burning and drying.

Results of the new cream: The constancy with 8% beeswax is better. It is more gelatinous then my previous versions, but there is much less BW. The effectiveness of the cream seems to be far superior to the last version. As promised, the GSO absorbs very well and seems to pull the cannabinoids deeper into the tissue. I used it on my knee last night and woke with almost no pain. I put it on my wife's back and shoulders last night and she woke with much reduced pain and stiffness this AM. Maybe a few more tweaks here and there, but I think we have a winner here!!! Thanks for the help Magnus!!! +reps :circle-of-love::peace:

That's great news that you got the consistency worked out for your cream! Any chance you could post the exact recipe you used so that I can save it for when I try it?

Have you worked with DMSO at all? I have searched unsuccessfully for over a year trying to find a way to incorporate DMSO into a cannabis pain reliever with no luck.

Driving was treacherous on the way into town. Deep, deep fog all 2 hours, right up until Edmonton. Though it was be-yoo-tee-ful, it was still difficult to drive.

The drs appointment didn't go as well as planned. He wants me to see their resident psychiatrist because I've got bipolar disorder. Well controlled, bipolar disorder, I might add. Haven't had a manic episode in over 3 years ever since starting lithium therapy. Dr is concerned that the cannabis will through me head over heels into mania -- which I think is stupid. I told him that I had used it for over a year at one point for pain and it didn't cause any manic episodes during that time. None at all. In fact, it helped me sleep like a baby, and sleep deprivation is the one thing that WILL make me manic before anything else. So were do we go from here? I'm seeing the psych lady from Gorgon on 8 Feb (I think that is the date) and IF she says it's okay, then I get to go on cannabis therapy.

So I went to my favourite store where i buy all my supplies and the kind lady there gave me the name of a website where you sign on and lo and behold they give you an appointment with a doctor who gives you your mmj license no questions asked. Apparently. So I get into the car and pull out the tablet and look up the site and -- lo and behold -- there's this site where you can book an appointment with the said doctor to sign up for your mmj license. The site is called "Natural Healing Medicine" or some such thing. So I've got an appointment with the good doctor THERE on 17 Feb at 1:00 pm. Just in case it doesn't work out with the psych lady from Gorgon.

I'll be damned. I'm not going to let some stupid, uninformed doctors prevent me from getting the medicine that I deserve and need just because of their own ignorance about psych issues. No fucking way.

And in the meantime, I'm going to continue to grow my own, first, illegal grow. I'll get my medicine one way or another. Damn them all. Damn them to hell.

(Yes, i'm a little pissed about the day's events.)

Sorry to hear you didn't get your MMJ (medical marijuana) licence yet. Stay strong. You'll get there.

:hug::hug::hug:

That's great news that you got the consistency worked out for your cream! Any chance you could post the exact recipe you used so that I can save it for when I try it?

Never mind. I see you already reposted it for us people who have a hard time finding info that's already been posted.

:thanks:

:thanks: Magnus. I'm one of those newbies who doesn't know/recognize all the acronyms yet and I appreciate you asking people to spell it out at least once in their posts. Reps to you!

Thanks, HashGirl, I appreciate that more than you realize!

Re: Magnus8's Canna Cream - Body Butter - & Canna Lotion Study Hall

Hi Magnus.

I wondered if you might like to edit one of your first posts to this thread with the info below so that people new to the thread will know the rules right off the bat?

Just a thought....

:Namaste:

That's a great thought. I'll give it a whirl as soon as i get up from my nap. Thanks for the suggestion. I should have thought of it before.

EDIT: Sadly, I cannot edit my first posts. There must be a time limit for editing posts.

If you look back a few pages he did just that, HashGirl...

Have you worked with DMSO at all? I have searched unsuccessfully for over a year trying to find a way to incorporate DMSO into a cannabis pain reliever with no luck.

Hey Beaverislander, Welcome to our study hall! Youll find a great group of people in here, all trying to help each other.

One thing I'd like to state first off the bat, we have a bit of advice that I keep spouting off like a broken record...

In this study hall, due to the numberous numbers of acronyms bandied about, I would ask that you please spell out the follow common english language usage for using acronyms in written text. That would have you spell out the words first, then include the acronym in brackets after the words, and then freely use the acronyms in the rest of the post. I'm referring to your use of DMSO. If you had spelled out dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) and then used DMSO freely, then everyone, including all newcomers (and we have quite a few coming to our study hall) will be able to understand what you are speaking about.

i remember when I first came to this site it took me several months before I could decipher half of what people were saying, much of probably helpful to me had i been able to understand it.

Please dont take this as a rude flame. It isn't. I'm just trying to keep the language approachable for all who enter this study hall.

I will be putting this "rule" or "suggestion" in my first posting of the study hall so that everyone has a chance ot read it. I know that yo uhad no possibility of knowing this is how we work here without having read through numerous pages before this post.

And as for DSMO, my background is to work with exclusively natural ingredients. Not organic, but natural, nevertheless. DSMO doesn't fall under my list of naturals. though I know that others in this study hall have worked with it to limited success and they may be able to help you more.

Best,
Magnus

One step at a time Beav. Truth be told, I am not sure that I need the DMSO with the new formulation. I will probably add some to test at some point, but at the moment, this is working well. I will keep you all posted on updates!!! :circle-of-love::peace:

One step at a time Beav. Truth be told, I am not sure that I need the DMSO with the new formulation. I will probably add some to test at some point, but at the moment, this is working well. I will keep you all posted on updates!!! :circle-of-love::peace:

I'm glad to hear that you're not goign the dimethylsufoxide route. I dont trust the stuff to not be toxic.

Back
Top Bottom