Mainlining: Should I do it?

CapnButter

good afternoon beautiful people,

I'm growing in my first dwc. just one plant for now. but I was thinking of mainlining but I don't know if its the best way to go about it. I also plan on trying to screen of green the plant and try and fill up my tent with just one plant. should I just top at 5 or try something new like mainlining?

I reckon it depends on how important the harvest is to you. If you need it to be as much as possible, then maybe stick with what you already are comfortable with, and if you don't - have fun trying something new.

I reckon it depends on how important the harvest is to you. If you need it to be as much as possible, then maybe stick with what you already are comfortable with, and if you don't - have fun trying something new.
thank you and right now I just trying to learn as much as I can so ill probably end up mainlining.

maniline or manifold is cool but it takes time topping and training to build the frame out, same for quadline or hexline. (Number of limbs… manifold = 2, quad = 4, hex is 6) The fastest way is to tie them over with lst and zero topping since topping takes time out for plant recovery where straight up lst punches many other forms of training right in the throat. Low stress for a reason = foot in turbo no recovery time needed

what is that?
This thread will give you everything you need to know about it.

maniline or manifold is cool but it takes time topping and training to build the frame out, same for quadline or hexline. (Number of limbs… manifold = 2, quad = 4, hex is 6) The fastest way is to tie them over with lst and zero topping since topping takes time out for plant recovery where straight up lst punches many other forms of training right in the throat. Low stress for a reason = foot in turbo no recovery time needed
Well I have done a couple other grows and Ive tried topping and tying down so I was mainly just wanting to learn more and new forms of training. Also it does slow the plant down but I feel like In turn it gives out a more symmetry and makes an even canopy without having to weave to much or more than I would want when I put the trellis. But it might be easier to just tie down and lst bc I’m in a dwc.

Sure, Capn Butter!

whatever you decide…… training is fun as crap to play with but 1 topping is about all for me. I gots to get on with da program.

But yeah doing manifold is a great project for sure, I bet you’ll enjoy the challenge!!!

mark me down for YES you should do the mainline
Haha thank you. I’ll put you down in the books as a supporter

I mainlined this little Gorilla Glue which turned out nicely but I'd say it took longer to achieve that than a quadline. Be cool to see whichever you decide on though.

I mainlined this little Gorilla Glue which turned out nicely but I'd say it took longer to achieve that than a quadline. Be cool to see whichever you decide on though.

Wow! Very beautiful plant. How did it smoke? I may do a main line just because I want to test the waters and if it goes well next grow I might try a quad and a six.

Read this….

Thread 'Hows & Whys Of Supercropping'
Hows & Whys Of Supercropping
I might try pinching the stems in late veg to slow down the faster growing colas but I don’t think I want to try to many new things this grow just because my last grow I tried to do to many things and I also was being impatient so I ended up stunting her really bad and the bud just ended up being a waste.

Absolutely agree I really only lst and always have 8-10 main colas. Here is a girl scout cookie extreme auto harvest this morning. It's short but bushy due to limited headroom. All from lst

IMG_20220129_073737981.jpg

IMG_20220129_073619118.jpg

IMG_20220129_073606651.jpg

IMG_20220129_065258978.jpg

Back
Top Bottom