Mars Hydro Grow Journal SP 3000: Blue Kush, RDWC, ScrOG

Welcome @Shaggn :passitleft:Very happy to have you along my friend

Firstly, Amazing journal/s and healthy plants my friend. Very informative!! Look forward to following along!

Sexy Audrey teasing her way to ripeness. Hmm that statement sounds kinda weird :rofl: Oh well lol.

I've grown in many different mediums but kinda find DWC intimidating. Looks amazing and intrigues me just the same. I'm not sure I would enjoy the quick adjustments that are needed. I'll explain why:

I overdosed twice (Nasty substances) in my silly younger years (stupid, I know) which caused the (i'm dying feeling). As a side-effect to the mental trauma, I suffer from severe anxiety (which the doctors just want to put me on some guinea pig list).... :(
I find relief by sipping small amounts of water and leaving the area (calmly as possible) even just another room or around the corner. It has worked most times. After going through many different tests and given a clean bill of health, I get maybe a couple a year now. Most of the time from consuming to much potent meds available these days.

Oh btw I figured out my confusion lol. I read your other journal first!! :rofl: Thought my age was kicking to the next level!

Firstly, Amazing journal/s and healthy plants my friend. Very informative!! Look forward to following along!
Thank you very much my friend. And thank you for taking the time to go through them :Namaste:
Sexy Audrey teasing her way to ripeness. Hmm that statement sounds kinda weird :rofl: Oh well lol.
She is - everyone loves a bit of Audrey :rofl:
I've grown in many different mediums but kinda find DWC intimidating. Looks amazing and intrigues me just the same. I'm not sure I would enjoy the quick adjustments that are needed. I'll explain why:

I overdosed twice in my silly younger years (stupid, I know) which caused the (i'm dying feeling). As a side-effect to the mental trauma, I suffer from severe anxiety (which the doctors just want to put me on some guinea pig list).... :(
I find relief by sipping small amounts of water and leaving the area (calmly as possible) even just another room or around the corner. It has worked most times. After going through many different tests and given a clean bill of health, I get maybe a couple a year now. Most of the time from consuming to much potent meds available these days.
Oh man, I'm sorry to hear about your trouble @Shaggn. Anxiety can be so awful. I'm glad you've found your way of dealing with it though, by just going somewhere where you can address it alone. I used to do something similar so i could panic in peace and regain my composure especially when around others.

I luckily seem to have it under control and haven't had an episode in a while now. Unless, like you, i overindulge in some high THC stuff, sends my brain down a rabbit hole that inevitably leads to anxiety. My partner also suffers with it but has been so much better since getting her hands on CBD. She is off a lot of other meds now as they give her some nasty side effects. I hope you see continued improvement my friend :)

I know what you mean about DWC, from the outside looking in it can seem daunting and it does have its quirks, but in reality, the readings are almost a forewarning to whats going on, before you see it in the canopy. I love growing in Coco too though, it's a really amazing medium, I'm not sure what my favourite is tbh DWC or Coco, they both have their pros and cons. I grow DWC as it's just easier for me in terms of feeding at the moment. I do miss being able to grow different strains though, if i can help it, i don't grow different strains in the same RDWC system - just personal preference.

Oh btw I figured out my confusion lol. I read your other journal first!! :rofl: Thought my age was kicking to the next level!
haha don't worry, when @Tokin Roll first joined this journal I told him i really liked his journal and his plants were lovely - he didn't even have a journal at the time :rofl: I confused him with someone else.

@Shaggn (and anyone else interested for that matter) If you do ever want to dabble with Hydro, Coco may serve as a nice transition to hydro from growing in soil if you are ever interested. There is a great thread here started by one of the guys who taught me a lot and influenced my growing style a lot when i first started back in 2013 and i'm very grateful to him for taking the time (@Cultivator). He helped me with everything from the ventilation set up in my area, to helping me understand a plants needs through their lifecycle. I wouldn't be half the grower I am today without his help.

The thread is meant as a sorta quick start for growing in Coco, there are no hard and fast rules (other than never let the coco dry out), but it's a great start to build knowledge and find your own growing style, based on the knowledge and experience of someone who has grown thousands of plants in Coco. The feeding regime alone in the first post is insightful.

Something to note is that Cult isn't saying "This is how you should do it" he's saying "This is how i do it, and it works for me". Also, it is a few years old now and LED lights have come a long way Cult mainly grows under HPS in this thread. The intention of the thread is to help, yet I see a lot of people arguing with him in this thread about some of his methods which really is a shame and it defeats the purpose of what he is trying to achieve. I hope his knowledge can be as useful to you guys as it was for me. Unfortunately a lot of his old videos aren't there any more and they had a lot of value too, and as Cult isn't around much these days (with his skills he must be a man in high demand) you may not get a response on that thread. But i'm happy to help if i can.

:peace:

I do grow in coco!! I went from soil-less to perlite hempys to coco.

@Cultivator shared his knowledge and converted me to coco. I absolutely love growing in coco!!

My next adventure is organics for my outdoor. I have mainly lived in the cities and now live in the middle of nowhere :yahoo: Time to step my game up :cheer:

I do grow in coco!! I went from soil-less to perlite hempys to coco.
Oh my apologies @Shaggn, you even state it in your journal. My bad
I'm running a vero29 - 8 cob unit in a 3x3 tent. Growing in coco/perlite mix. Three strains are from GPS. Jelly Pie, Cake
@Cultivator shared his knowledge and converted me to coco. I absolutely love growing in coco!!
Well would you look at that :laughtwo: two students who share a mentor :high-five: Which would explain our shared love for Coco...other than the fact it is an awesome medium!
My next adventure is organics for my outdoor. I have mainly lived in the cities and now live in the middle of nowhere :yahoo: Time to step my game up :cheer:
That sounds like a dream! I'm excited for you! I live in a city right now. I would love to try organic some day. I do have a garden so was going to put some effort into growing my own veggies this year - practise for the real thing :laugh:

@Shaggn (and anyone else interested for that matter) If you do ever want to dabble with Hydro, Coco may serve as a nice transition to hydro from growing in soil if you are ever interested. There is a great thread here started by one of the guys who taught me a lot and influenced my growing style a lot when i first started back in 2013 and i'm very grateful to him for taking the time (@Cultivator). He helped me with everything from the ventilation set up in my area, to helping me understand a plants needs through their lifecycle. I wouldn't be half the grower I am today without his help.

The thread is meant as a sorta quick start for growing in Coco, there are no hard and fast rules (other than never let the coco dry out), but it's a great start to build knowledge and find your own growing style, based on the knowledge and experience of someone who has grown thousands of plants in Coco. The feeding regime alone in the first post is insightful.

Something to note is that Cult isn't saying "This is how you should do it" he's saying "This is how i do it, and it works for me". The intention of the thread is to help, yet I see a lot of people arguing with him in this thread about some of his methods which really is a shame and it defeats the purpose of what he is trying to achieve. I hope his knowledge can be as useful to you guys as it was for me. Unfortunately a lot of his old videos aren't there any more and they had a lot of value too, and as Cult isn't around much these days (with his skills he must be a man in high demand) you may not get a response on that thread. But i'm happy to help if i can.

:peace:
Thanks G.G.

Oh my apologies @Shaggn, you even state it in your journal. My bad

Well would you look at that :laughtwo: two students who share a mentor :high-five: Which would explain our shared love for Coco...other than the fact it is an awesome medium!

That sounds like a dream! I'm excited for you! I live in a city right now. I would love to try organic some day. I do have a garden so was going to put some effort into growing my own veggies this year - practise for th
No worries @GoogleGenie :) It gets quite busy up here in 420!!

Can't be any worse than telling @Tokin Roll that you really enjoyed their journal when they didn't have one yet!! :rofl:

We both love coco. I concur with you anyone that can't/doesn't want to do organics and wants to try something different than pro-mix should check into coco. My quality has gone up as well as my yield. When indoors watering you don't smell freshly watered soil. Spill some coco, oh well super easy to clean up. I could continue raving about coco haha :passitleft:

No worries @GoogleGenie :) It gets quite busy up here in 420!!

Can't be any worse than telling @Tokin Roll that you really enjoyed their journal when they didn't have one yet!! :rofl:

We both love coco. I concur with you anyone that can't/doesn't want to do organics and wants to try something different than pro-mix should check into coco. My quality has gone up as well as my yield. When indoors watering you don't smell freshly watered soil. Spill some coco, oh well super easy to clean up. I could continue raving about coco haha :passitleft:
I agree 100% everybody should try it at least once before the natural progression to hydro.

Growing in coco is hydro bro.... I’m about to do a table of 1 gal bags of coco... ebb and flow... it should be fun. Just got to decide what I’m growing. Lol. What do you think? Purple moby dick, ogkz, or blue dream?
You know what I meant

Growing in coco is hydro bro.... I’m about to do a table of 1 gal bags of coco... ebb and flow... it should be fun. Just got to decide what I’m growing. Lol. What do you think? Purple moby dick, ogkz, or blue dream?
I had a very bad experience with Blue Dream. If I never see another ill be happy. (Hermie)

Just playing with you. It’s crazy how fast plants can grow in dwc... it’s just a headache a lot of times getting dialed in.
I'll try it eventually. Its the way of the future for sure. I'm just having a ball in coco.

Will be fun for sure! Let us know whatever you decide @Enjoil, be sure to share a link to your journal:thumb:

Day 30 Flower continued...​

The readings just after lights out:

PPM : 480
PH : 5.9

The PH dropped out of range a couple of times today so i just bumped it up. And the EC has risen, a contributor to this will be the PH adjustment fluid. I'll be doing a full res change this weekend.

The ladies appear to be having their fill on nutrient, and then drinking more water for a period. Tomorrow I'll make up a batch of weak strength solution to top up (0.8ec/~400ppm) - this will be the same recipe as the last feed. This should help keep it around 450-480ppm where they appear to be happy at the moment.

The girl's look absolutely stunning.... I should've used a net this round as my buds are falling over so I'm having to lollypop them. Keep smashing it!
Thanks BC :high-five:

It's really rare that I don't use a screen anymore. I usually use one with smaller holes but i ran out of them, so I'm using these other ones with bigger holes. I don't mind them actually. Less control over where you put your colas, but easier to adjust.

Thanks for stopping by brother :peace:

Thanks BC :high-five:

It's really rare that I don't use a screen anymore. I usually use one with smaller holes but i ran out of them, so I'm using these other ones with bigger holes. I don't mind them actually. Less control over where you put your colas, but easier to adjust.

Thanks for stopping by brother :peace:
I was using a net screen but stopped a few runs ago as I was finding it challenging to feed the girls as Im doing it manually but they're like a bunch of floppy so & so's in my tent at the moment so I'm back to the screen for the next run.

I was using a net screen but stopped a few runs ago as I was finding it challenging to feed the girls as Im doing it manually but they're like a bunch of floppy so & so's in my tent at the moment so I'm back to the screen for the next run.
I know what you mean. Sometimes it can be such a pain. I remember running coco in a screen, i was hand feeding, and i had to duct tape a hose to a bamboo cane to water the ladies that were out of reach in the corners :laughtwo: Feeding isn't really an issue with DWC, defoliation and pruning are my nemeses now.

If it's not one thing, it's another :lot-o-toke:

Back
Top Bottom