Mars Hydro Grow Journal SP 3000: Blue Kush, RDWC, ScrOG

Day 28 Flower​

Hey guys. The readings this morning:

PPM : 440
PH : 6.0

A welcome rise in PH and a stable EC. I'll take this as a good thing.

Audrey :love:

I cleaned up some leaves and pulled off the yellow ones with nothing left to give. I've noticed a lot of them have been cleaned out of potassium so I'm may supplement this next feed with a little of my PK boost.

Following on from something @Mr. Sauga mentioned about ratios and having provided some great reading material on the matter. I thought i'd burn a day and do a deep dive into a load of products I have to establish their nutrient ratios, mainly K:Ca:Mg and N:K. Not that I use them, just to understand a little better what is in each of them and how they differ.

NutrientWhat is it?K : Ca : MgN : K
Canna Aqua FloresBase nutrient7.8 : 1.5 : 13.4 : 7.8
GHE Flora Duo GrowBase nutrient5.2 : 3.4 : 05 : 5.2
GHE Flora Duo BloomBase nutrient3.5 : 0 : 31 : 3.5
GHE Cal MagCal Mag0 : 4 : 11 : 0
Botanicare CalMagCal Mag0 : 3.2 : 1.22 : 0
Botanicare SweetMagnesium Sulphate0 : 0 : 1.50 : 0
PK 918*Mid bloom boost18 : 0 : 02.65 : 18
Metaboost*Aminos, Kelp0 : 0 : 0.32 : 0
BloombasticLate bloom boost12.1 : 0 : 00 : 12.1
Green SensationBloom boost10 : 0 : 00 : 10

Currently, I'm using the ones in bold. The ones with a *star are optional at this point in their growth, but am not using them currently. The Aqua Flores A + B I added the ratios together, as they will be administered in equal proportions.

From what I understand, I should be aiming for a 4 : 2 : 1 ratio for K : Ca : Mg, and although i'm not 100%, I have come to believe a ration of 1 : 2.5 for N : K is a good ratio for flower. (please correct me if i'm wrong).

Now what I'm trying to do is work out what I've been giving, and if I should be doing anything differently. I'm still trying to wrap my head putting different products together to hit the right ration, and turning that, into knowing what to actually put in my nutrient solutions either in terms of EC/PPM or ml/l. It's interesting stuff, but I certainly won't be making any adjustment to my nutrient regime just yet - at least not until i understand all of this - I'm not there yet.

I'm going to follow this rabbit whole and see where it goes for now though :nerd-with-glasses::reading420magazine: But before I do, time for an indulgence in some sweet sweet CBD Cheese and a cup of peppermint tea :peace:

This is what I use. Cost about $100.00 or 94 pounds on the zon.

PuroSmart High Flow RO System Home Water Treatment System​

It last about a years and you can buy replacement filters for inside.

Tok..
Thanks Tok. Much appreciated :)

Day 28 Flower continued...​

The readings at lights out

PPM : 430
PH : 5.9

I've had to adjust the PH as it rose a little today to 6.1. I didn't top up the system in the end today, they were happy enough where they were and there was still enough in there, so i just let the get on with it. I'll be doing a full res change in a couple of days too.

An easy day with these ladies today:thumb:

Day 29 Flower​

The readings this morning:

PPM : 430
PH : 6.0

Steady EC, minor rise in PH. All good. And here they are this morning:

Audrey :love:

I topped up the system this morning before lights on with the following:

Week 5 Recipe​

- Starting water : Rain water 0ec
- Solar Green Power (silica) @ recommended
- TA CalMag -> 0.3ec
- Botanicare Sweet -> 0.4ec (Magnesium Sulphate)
- Canna Aqua Flores -> 1.2ec
- Buddhas Tree Pk918 -> 1.4ec
- Buddhas Tree Metaboost -> 1.4ec (no change)
Diluted down to 1.0ec
PH Adjusted to 5.6 (to bring the system PH down from 6.0)

- Hydroguard

I added my boost because I'm seeing a bit of potassium deficiency, not just in the lower leaves, but in some of the others too. I didn't go OTT with it, just a minor bump. If i start to see a drop in PH i'm going to assume it's because of the plant feeding on K+/Ca++/Mg++ (Excess cation over anion = PH decrease).

Readings after topup:

PPM : 480
PH : 5.8

:peace:

Day 29 Flower continued...​

By the end of the day the readings were sat at:

PPM : 510
PH : 5.4

I didn't keep a close eye today otherwise i'd have added water sooner. I had a really busy day with work. I topped up with water after lights out, leaving the system reading:

PPM : 450

I'm not too worried, i think the girls were just taking up a lot of water which caused the EC to rise. I noticed a good response to this latest feed, I'm looking forward to Audrey's morning photo to compare.

I must say, I'm really missing the smell of weed, and realise how much I used my nose before, even for growing. I unfortunately caught Covid-19 last year and got quite sick with it, and I still haven't got my sense of smell back yet - the things we take for granted! Enjoy those smells people, all of them :love:

Good night all :peace:

I didn't keep a close eye today otherwise i'd have added water sooner. I had a really busy day with work. I topped up with water after lights out, leaving the system reading:

I'm not too worried, i think the girls were just taking up a lot of water which caused the EC to rise. I noticed a good response to this latest feed, I'm looking forward to Audrey's morning photo to compare.

I must say, I'm really missing the smell of weed, and realise how much I used my nose before, even for growing. I unfortunately caught Covid-19 last year and got quite sick with it, and I still haven't got my sense of smell back yet - the things we take for granted! Enjoy those smells people, all of them :love:

Oh my God im so sorry wow I'm glad you pulled through ok.
It must have been very worrisome all the same.
Fuk im just your ok

I'm just about to open my tent and the smell is amazing :Namaste:

Oh man I'm sorry to hear that. I have an acquaintance dealing with the same thing. Hopefully the olfactory is back in business sooner than later!

Good thing you pulled through, loss of smell is better then the other option.

Oh my God im so sorry wow I'm glad you pulled through ok.
It must have been very worrisome all the same.
Fuk im just your ok

Oh man I'm sorry to hear that. I have an acquaintance dealing with the same thing. Hopefully the olfactory is back in business sooner than later!
I hope your acquaintance gets better soon @Sangmang
Good thing you pulled through, loss of smell is better then the other option.

Thanks guys. I'm in the age range that has a high recovery rate, so as worrying as it was at the time, fortunately I'm ok and almost fully recovered, just a touch of fatigue and the loss of smell left to overcome.

I'm extremely grateful that it wasn't more serious, I consider myself lucky. And coming out of it has given me a different perspective. I can't wait until I can smell again though - that is going to be a great day :love: And it's something to look forward to.

This virus seems to have caused great division in our society so hopefully it will end soon. As long as we look out for, and respect one another, we will come out of it stronger, and hopefully more united than before. It's all of us vs it.

Thanks to you all :Namaste:

Hmm this is strange lol! I was pretty sure I'd started reading your journal, GG. Guess not... Well i'm here now :rofl: I'll get caught up. See you shortly!! :passitleft:
Welcome @Shaggn :passitleft:Very happy to have you along my friend

Day 30 Flower​

Good morning beautiful people! The readings this morning:

A substantial drop in PH but nothing to concern me too much. I think this would have been the ladies leeching back into the res following a period of high EC. I think they appreciated the water top up before bed. I bumped the PH back up to 5.8. It may drift down a little but i expect it to stabilise by the end of the day. I think overall the ladies responded well to the top up feed and I think they might have even appreciated the PK boost.

Here they are:

And Audrey :love:

Back
Top Bottom