Mars Hydro Grow Journal SP 3000: Blue Kush, RDWC, ScrOG

I tried setting up another spot the.wife was not happy at all lol, :D
:laugh: I floated the idea last night, before I finished the sentence I got the "hand on hip", the "slow sign" and "the eye roll"....

I mean, it's not a definitive "No"....right?

Day 25 Flower​

Good morning everyone :Namaste:

The readings this morning:

EC : 0.8
PPM : 400
PH : 5.8

PPM has dropped a touch, PH is still steady. I'm going to top up the res today with a stronger solution of the same and aim to have the system set at 450ppm.

Audrey :love:

I topped up the res with:

Starting water : rain water 0ec
Calmag : 0.3ec
Base : 1.0ec
Adjusted to 5.8ph
Hydroguard

This leaves the system at :

PPM : 460

Ill be keeping an eye to see how they react. If the PH drifts out of range I’m just going to adjust it. Hopefully we don’t get any big swings

I will let you know when I start my next grow if you would like?

Maybe even do the same strain.
That would be awesome Tok! Thank you. Yes please do! This will give me some time to finish up what I’ve got going on. Perfect!

Same strain is a great idea too! I will make sure I don’t drop any seeds until then.

How exciting :tommy:

Day 25 Flower continued...​

The EC had risen as high as 480 and the PH has dropped as low as 5.3. This has been happening all day. So i'm bringing it back down. I added plain water to bring the system down to:

PPM : 440

Depending on how they react I may drain some solution from the system and replace with Water to bring it back to ~410ppm where they were happiest. We'll see.

I'll post some photos of some of the other colas shortly...

Day 25 Flower continued...​

The EC had risen as high as 480 and the PH has dropped as low as 5.3. This has been happening all day. So i'm bringing it back down. I added plain water to bring the system down to:

Depending on how they react I may drain some solution from the system and replace with Water to bring it back to ~410ppm where they were happiest. We'll see.

I'll post some photos of some of the other colas shortly...
Hey GG my cubes have roots sticking out everywhere, how are yours my friend.

Hey GG my cubes have roots sticking out everywhere, how are yours my friend.
Hey Bill!

Mine are too! She is very happy indeed. I actually moved her to a coco pot today as I'm so happy with the roots, they're ready for their first home already! I'll post some pics shortly :)

Couldn't sleep tonight. One of those nights. So i popped my head in to check on the ladies. The readings half way through their dark period:

PH : 5.4

The EC is stable but the PH is down. For now I just adjusted by adding some PH Up. Leaving the system at:

PH : 5.9

If the PH drops again come lights on and/or the EC rises anymore, I'll be dialling it back down to the lower levels.

I doubt very much I will exceed 1.0ec/500ppm with this strain.

I'll be doing another run of Blue Kush once my other ladies finish up in the next couple of weeks.

Things I'll do differently on my next Blue Kush run​

- Veg them for longer and put the screen on a little higher - make sure they build up plenty of N reserves
- 3 ladies maximum. I could easily fill a screen with 3 ladies if I veg them for longer (maybe even 2 ladies)
- Defoliate during that first week as necessary
- Give them a week before putting the screen on
- Supplement with additional Mg++ during the first few weeks (at least)

That's my list so far - who knows what else I will learn before this run ends :peace:

And this is where I think dwc or anything like that would be hard for me due to the hours I usually work. Can't keep that close of an eye on them.
When you find a sweet spot it can sit there for ages. I think had I not messed with the strength of the solution they would have happily stayed where they were. I'm hoping they do once I adjust it tomorrow. But i understand your concerns.

I really like Coco as a medium too but only if using an automated dripper system or something. Hand watering is too demanding for me. Not sure which I prefer Coco or DWC. I think at the moment I prefer DWC because of how easy it is to feed. And how infrequently.

Usually I check twice a day and adjust as necessary. I've been extra vigilant with this journal. You guys following along are some excellent growers, I need to make a good impression :)

Your p.h. should naturally rise in the dark and fall back once the lights spark the metabolism.
May be cation anion ratio is off. Sounds like to much ca or nitrate n.
Can you explain this please so I understand why the ph should rise and fall, :hmmmm:

Beautiful garden mr. Genie never played with any kind of dwc but the temptation is always there in the back of my mind....
Thanks @Smeegol, much appreciated :)

I really enjoy DWC, I also really like Coco. If you're thinking about making the move to Hydro, Coco is a nice start and might ease the transition, being potted. But if you're every interested in going DWC just let me know, I'm more than happy to share any knowledge that can help you, that isn't already in my journals :Namaste:

Love your Garden too btw. I like the way you train your seedling too. I've never done that but I might try it :thumb: I'll let you know if I do, can you help me make sure I don't kill the little thing :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom