Mars Hydro Grow Journal SP 3000: Blue Kush, RDWC, ScrOG

I’d like to grow under HPS one day, just to see what it’s like. I’ve only ever grown under LED. Under my current circumstances HPS isn’t an option. Absolutely though, you're right Dusty, with LED you need to go easy.

When I started out, there was little to no information about growing under LED and the lights themselves were difficult to get hold of, in fact there was still a lot of scepticism and misinformation around LED lights (some of you may remember). So I followed the same sort of methods that HPS growers did, while growing under LED, which at the time led to a great deal of confusion for me, being a new grower. It was a steep learning curve at the time. I’m still learning, every day, from you good people especially, but it’s less of an avalanche of information these days, and more of a pleasant stream :laughtwo:

I’ve been growing these past couple of years but strictly high CBD stuff for my partner who suffers with chronic pain. I was very pleased to find a lot more information available, and lots more LED growers with a wealth of knowledge and experience. This and my other run are my first THC rich ladies for a long time....and I can’t wait! :love:
I've got a 1000 watt hps that I just loved. But heat and hydro dictated my change to LED. There are lots of great LED,s now but I'd love to throw the hps back into action. As far as im concerned leds aren't nearly as good for growing plants but they are getting better, and the benefits of led,s make them worthwhile for me.

Have you been mainly smoking the high CBD stuff yourself too or got your high THC bud elsewhere?
I grew a single Cheese plant in coco before I starting the CBD stuff which got me around ~21oz ~12oz and that lasted me ages (under my Mars II blurple lights). But I’ve been having to get black market stuff for the last 6months or so. The high cbd stuff is a nice smoke, it just puts me to sleep and doesn’t really get me high.

I’ve build up a decent surplus of the CBD stuff now though so I can get a good few THC runs in so I can build up my own surplus :tommy: :ganjamon:
----------
Correction : 12oz, not 21oz - I WISH!

Gonna be even sweeter to have some homegrown THC back in stock then hey. Happy days.
Oh man you have no idea. Happy days indeed! It will be nice to know what I'm smoking again. Toward the end of my Cheese batch i started diluting it down with CBD, really made it last as long as I could :laugh:

I smoke everything mixed with CBD now to help with anxiety. Had to take a 6 month break from smoking last year because of it. Slowly getting back to normal now.
I don't blame you mate. I do the same if all I can get hold off are the super strong sativas like ammo.

I'm sorry to hear you get anxiety. It can be a horrible thing. I've had my run ins with anxiety, have had palpitations in the past if i over do it on the super strong stuff. I remember the first time, i thought i was having a heart attack, it scared me so much I stopped smoking for 2 years! Glad you're getting back to normal though.

Do you find the CBD has helped with it, or is it that it just doesn't bring it on like it would if you consumed high THC alone?

I speak with some of my relatives, a tad older than me, and they talk about "when you used to be able to smoke weed" :laugh: as in, when it wasn't super high THC. They talk about a time you could smoke a whole joint, pure, and be nice and blazed. If i smoked a whole joint of ammo today, I think i'd need an ambulance!

Yeah it started at the beginning of last year. I'd randomly get a racing heart, palpitations, sweaty palms and feet, nausea, etc. Had loads of tests done and they finally diagnosed me with panic/anxiety disorder a couple of months ago. It happens randomly but the high THC stuff can kick it off. Now I know there's nothing physically wrong it's getting easier to manage. Really frustrating though. At times I just want to hit the bong hard like I used to. Hoping it's just a temporary thing that I'll work my way out of.

Yeah it started at the beginning of last year. I'd randomly get a racing heart, palpitations, sweaty palms and feet, nausea, etc. Had loads of tests done and they finally diagnosed me with panic/anxiety disorder a couple of months ago. It happens randomly but the high THC stuff can kick it off. Now I know there's nothing physically wrong it's getting easier to manage. Really frustrating though. At times I just want to hit the bong hard like I used to. Hoping it's just a temporary thing that I'll work my way out of.
Just a thought pepper is great for panic/ anxiety. There are turpines in pepper that relieve it. If you pop a couple black pepper balls in your mouth and chew them up it works. Alternatively a pinch of pepper works also.
I'm speaking from experience here it'll help.

Oh mate I empathise and sympathise! Anxiety is such a complex beast! I remember I could feel when an attack was coming on and would think "Oh no not again" - I'm sure you've had that same feeling of dread. Same thing, racing heart, shortness of breath, clammy palms.

I know what you mean in terms of knowing there is nothing physically wrong with you, but for the longest time I would get so frustrated when I'd be told "there's nothing wrong with you" or "It's all in your head". I went for a few tests, some ECG scans - i was convinced I had something wrong with me, my heart, lungs, whatever, but always told the same thing. When no one could tell me what was wrong I remember being quite upset and angry. It was like a vicious circle, worrying something is wrong with me because of the attacks, caused anxiety, which in turn could cause an attack. And round and round it went.

For me, it did pass when i got on top of the mental aspect of it, which as you say, I could only do once i'd accepted there wasn't anything physically wrong with me. I've not had an attack in years, I remember the last one, when it started to come on, I sorta braced myself, and just told myself that I wasn't gonna die, and just breathed my way through it - that alone sorta helped break the cycle for me - but appreciate anxiety is a different beast for different people. I wish for the same for you mate :Namaste: Sounds like you're on top of it now though.

Just a thought pepper is great for panic/ anxiety. There are turpines in pepper that relieve it. If you pop a couple black pepper balls in your mouth and chew them up it works. Alternatively a pinch of pepper works also.
I'm speaking from experience here it'll help.
Wow! I did not know that @Bill284, good to know. Thank you!

Wow! I did not know that @Bill284, good to know. Thank you!
I understand the problem. I also had it happen to me. Its absolutely devastating at times. And being told its all in your head just makes you feel worse. I quit pot altogether because of the anxiety. Now with my health problems I have started again. When I first started I used pepper to reduce anxiety and panic. Now that I've got used to it again I don't get the anxiety, also growing good pot doesn't hurt. I started growing black jack, its a 50/50 thc/cbd strain. Great for an evening smoke to relax and help sleep. I'd like to get my hands on a straight cbd strain but only ones I've found are 10 or 11 week flower time and just don't have room for that length of time.

I understand the problem. I also had it happen to me. Its absolutely devastating at times. And being told its all in your head just makes you feel worse. I quit pot altogether because of the anxiety. Now with my health problems I have started again. When I first started I used pepper to reduce anxiety and panic. Now that I've got used to it again I don't get the anxiety, also growing good pot doesn't hurt. I started growing black jack, its a 50/50 thc/cbd strain. Great for an evening smoke to relax and help sleep. I'd like to get my hands on a straight cbd strain but only ones I've found are 10 or 11 week flower time and just don't have room for that length of time.
Thanks for the tips Bill. Will have to try that. I had optic neuritis 6 years ago so they had to test me for MS. They did the same again this time and thankfully the MRI's and bloods came back fine. I grew some Red Pure CBD from sweetseeds. Think it's supposed to be 18% CBD and 0.5% THC. It's an auto though. They may do a feminised version.

Day 22 Flower continued...​

A few hours after lights on the PH drifted to 5.7. So I bumped it up to 5.9.

The readings a moment ago:

PPM : 400
PH : 5.9

PH has been sitting steady at 5.9 all day. I might leave it there and see if it drops overnight. 390/400ppm seems to be the sweet spot at the moment so its probably best i keep it there. Tomorrow I’ll add a nutrient solution of that strength. If this causes the PH to drop, I’ll assume it’s just the plants feeding.

The front-left lady is still yellowing and it’s moving up the plant which is a little concerning. As I learnt from my other run this strain burns through N so it could be I just didn’t provide them enough of it earlier on, as these weren’t vegged very long at all. I may just feed a solution solely of base nutrient tomorrow.

I'm thinking i'm going to foliar feed the fan leaves some N to try and slow down the yellowing spreading. I'll try and hit the fan leaves only and avoid the bud sites, and certainly avoid the other plants. This is why I won't be adding it to my res. The yellowing is spreading fast, and I want to try and save some of the fan leaves. I'll post a pic tomorrow. Hopefully a feed of base only will help too.

The foliar feed with just be N, Fulvic Acid and Yucca extract.

What are your thoughts guys? About foliar feeding N at this stage of flower?

I'm thinking i'm going to foliar feed the fan leaves some N to try and slow down the yellowing spreading. I'll try and hit the fan leaves only and avoid the bud sites, and certainly avoid the other plants. This is why I won't be adding it to my res. The yellowing is spreading fast, and I want to try and save some of the fan leaves. I'll post a pic tomorrow. Hopefully a feed of base only will help too.

The foliar feed with just be N, Fulvic Acid and Yucca extract.

What are your thoughts guys? About foliar feeding N at this stage of flower?
I am leery of spraying any thing on my buds at this stage.
Concern over getting bud rot was my main concern.

I smoke everything mixed with CBD now to help with anxiety. Had to take a 6 month break from smoking last year because of it. Slowly getting back to normal now.
Good to hear that you are getting it under control, my sister inlaw has anxiety that is caused by thc as well.
I’d like to grow under HPS one day, just to see what it’s like. I’ve only ever grown under LED. Under my current circumstances HPS isn’t an option. Absolutely though, you're right Dusty, with LED you need to go easy.

When I started out, there was little to no information about growing under LED and the lights themselves were difficult to get hold of, in fact there was still a lot of scepticism and misinformation around LED lights (some of you may remember). So I followed the same sort of methods that HPS growers did, while growing under LED, which at the time led to a great deal of confusion for me, being a new grower. It was a steep learning curve at the time. I’m still learning, every day, from you good people especially, but it’s less of an avalanche of information these days, and more of a pleasant stream :laughtwo:

I’ve been growing these past couple of years but strictly high CBD stuff for my partner who suffers with chronic pain. I was very pleased to find a lot more information available, and lots more LED growers with a wealth of knowledge and experience. This and my other run are my first THC rich ladies for a long time....and I can’t wait! :love:
I do both at the same time kill two birds with one stone, the wife dont use as much as me so I just split it up,
Ya the blueberry and strawberry cbd i got for the wife are both 11 week, she just.loves the fruity taste out of the strawberry, worth the wait for her i think, I used to get mine from

You got it down friend. HPS is badass but the heat is killer
with your skills you could use candles... you slay it for sure. Keep up the great growing my friend
Thanks Dusty, that's quite the compliment:high-five: I try my best.

Day 23 Flower​

Good morning guys. The readings this morning:

PPM : 380
PH : 5.9

The PH has remained steady and the PPM has actually dropped meaning the girls are feeding. This is an excellent place to be. This is a very pleasant way to start the day.

It tempts me to increase the solution strength, but I'm going to leave it for a day or so and see what the ladies are saying. I'll aim to keep it at 0.8ec/400ppm for the time being.

Here they are

Here is the yellowing i was referring to - notice how it's working it's way up

I'm going to top up with the following and see how they respond:

Starting Water : Rain water 0ec
CalMag -> 0.2ec
Base -> 0.8ec
PH Adjust to 5.8
Hydroguard

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom