MassMedMan's First Indoor - SCROG - 2 Lemon Kush In Smartpots

Merry Christmas to all!!

And to my girls, I give you high pressure sodium. :cheer: can I get a what what

The HPS switch is Peeeerfect timing for the autos, and for the photos this will give them a nice stretch up, for the scrog screen going on sometime next week.

So exciting, feel like it's Christmas :bravo:

Stay green, and frosty

Merry Christmas!

....just joined 420....this is the 2nd thread ive read on here so far.....im subbed!

...today i have 4 plants that are entering week 6...
..3 plants that are entering week 5..

in fox farm ocean forest soil....(3 parts soil...1part perlite).
3 gallon pots
400w HPS for whole grow(18/6).......my next grow will include the MH bulb until flowering..
3x3x6 grow tent in my basement
190cfm exhaust with odor sok filter
small 6'in electric fan for fresh air intake..
lights 12-16inches away
lights on temps 70-77 degrees
lights on humidity 35%-50%
lights off temp 60-64 degrees
lights off humidity 50%-62%

.....things are going ok right now....this is my first grow ever..
im looking for any help/advice i can get...

im not jacking your thread.....but i will follow along and see if i can learn from anything....
i might sneak a question in here and there...

Merry Christmas!

....just joined 420....this is the 2nd thread ive read on here so far.....im subbed!

...today i have 4 plants that are entering week 6...
..3 plants that are entering week 5..

in fox farm ocean forest soil....(3 parts soil...1part perlite).
3 gallon pots
400w HPS for whole grow(18/6).......my next grow will include the MH bulb until flowering..
3x3x6 grow tent in my basement
190cfm exhaust with odor sok filter
small 6'in electric fan for fresh air intake..
lights 12-16inches away
lights on temps 70-77 degrees
lights on humidity 35%-50%
lights off temp 60-64 degrees
lights off humidity 50%-62%

.....things are going ok right now....this is my first grow ever..
im looking for any help/advice i can get...

im not jacking your thread.....but i will follow along and see if i can learn from anything....
i might sneak a question in here and there...

Start a journal, I'm as far as I am thanks to the people before me. Plus it helps those coming after you. Nevermind the benefit to yourself.

I intend to keep passing knowledge down, just as was done for me, so thanks and welcome :peace:

Sounds like you're off to a good start, come back often and let us know how you're doing and vice versa. I hear fox farm runs hot so don't get to crazy with nutes. .

Just my humble two cents

Great community here, so welcome,, from another new person. :)

"Sounds like you're off to a good start, come back often and let us know how you're doing and vice versa. I hear fox farm runs hot so don't get to crazy with nutes. ."

I didnt start applying nutes until week 4.....and it was a very light dosage of GH FloraNova Grow(maybe 1/8 recommended dosage)
that was on all 7 plants then.....then the 3 younger plants (1 week younger) i gave plain water next watering...then next was another 1/4 dose on the grow nutes.

The 4 older plants after that intial 1/8 dose of grow nutes...i gave them plain water....then another very very small dose of grow nutes.....then plain water.....then yesterday i gave them there first feeding of GH Flora Nova Bloom nutes at 1/4 recommended dose....

Just my humble two cents

Great community here, so welcome,, from another new person. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks man....good luck with your grow too

"Sounds like you're off to a good start, come back often and let us know how you're doing and vice versa. I hear fox farm runs hot so don't get to crazy with nutes. ."

I didnt start applying nutes until week 4.....and it was a very light dosage of GH FloraNova Grow(maybe 1/8 recommended dosage)
that was on all 7 plants then.....then the 3 younger plants (1 week younger) i gave plain water next watering...then next was another 1/4 dose on the grow nutes.

The 4 older plants after that intial 1/8 dose of grow nutes...i gave them plain water....then another very very small dose of grow nutes.....then plain water.....then yesterday i gave them there first feeding of GH Flora Nova Bloom nutes at 1/4 recommended dose....

Just my humble two cents

Great community here, so welcome,, from another new person. :)

Thanks man....good luck with your grow too[/QUOTE]

Thats good info to know thanks!! You should check out my grow journal also its similar to your grow. I will have a 600 watt hps. Right now im on cfl's. You should start one so we can see some of your techniques for growing and maybe some info for us to learn!! Im learning every day thanks to guys like you posting info like i just replied to!!

That's the ticket good Dr. Let the soil do the work, it's my have right now but I'm willing to experiment more down the road. I started to give them nutes early and then the more I read about the soil and how others did it with my soil I backed way off. I'll start feeding the photos soon, next time. The autos I'm holding off one more week. Share what you know, good luck!

There is a chance I'll get a 600hps bulb and ballast for my last four or five weeks, have to make that call soon. I'm supplementing my 400 with 200 watts of cfls @ 27k. I might just stay with that.... Or, go big our go home :) Good luck pat, I see you're making progress

There is a chance I'll get a 600hps bulb and ballast for my last four or five weeks, have to make that call soon. I'm supplementing my 400 with 200 watts of cfls @ 27k. I might just stay with that.... Or, go big our go home :) Good luck pat, I see you're making progress

Yea man i hope they start booming!! Lol. Here where i stay at the grow store up the street has a 1000 watt ballast for 130$ that sounds like a really good deal with warranty. I think im gona buy that on my 15th paycheck. That with the cfl's i have in the top and bottom of each corner will make these babies grow nicely

That's a nice deal, but too much for me. I've only got a 4x4 and while that might be perfect coverage for that space, cooling it in the summer would be a bitch. I see LEDs in my future,, but, you never know.

That's a nice deal, but too much for me. I've only got a 4x4 and while that might be perfect coverage for that space, cooling it in the summer would be a bitch. I see LEDs in my future,, but, you never know.

Yea LED looks badass!! I think in the future i will buy me some.. Those seem to be the best route.

Count me in on the LED band wagon. After so much reading their definitely the route to go! I still can't get over that you can flip the switch from "Veg" to "Bloom". Awesome stuff! Boxing day shopping here I come!
Best wishes you two! Merry Christmas!

Given my location with regards to weather I'll need to be comfortable using all light sources. My ultimate goal would be either a shipping container, or greenhouse/barn on my property which would allow me design a grow system the weather doesn't influence as much. Of course that can't happen till they legalize it, don't criticize it......:lot-o-toke:

I was originally in love with LEDs......loved that were low heat and were advertised to produce more bud....like 1 gram per watt or something like that.
I've actually read some bad things about LEDs.....so i would do plenty of research
but that was awhile ago...maybe they have improved
...i've been told by many that MH/HPS are the best lights you can have.....that is if ur situation is suitable i guess.

I'm with you, reading a lot, looking for the right info on them. Read a lot of so-so info from the past. But, I see some respected long time members from here rocking with them, so I'm paying close attention to that. If heat wasn't a concern, and I might be able to manage it better, but if it was never an issue then I'd most likely stick to HID lamps. Thanks for stopping by, Dr

A few picks before they got to bed:

Candy Kush 1 grown/stretched over an inch last day, wide as she is tall:
20141227_065812.jpg

My two Lemon Kush. Both have covered the perimeter of each milk crate, all untied except main supports. One to two inches below my planned net/scrog wire. Lots of potential bud sights. The FIMing I did earlier in the week to six heads are looking good. Think I'll put the wire/scrog down early next week:
20141227_065832.jpg

The group, girls lookin nice ;)
20141227_065951.jpg

Very nice bud! Sure looks nice staring at the group of them!
All looking mighty chipper! Your doin great bud!

It's been a bit more difficult keeping an eye on them over the holidays. But the speratic check ups mean more progress in between peeks!

It's been a bit more difficult keeping an eye on them over the holidays. But the speratic check ups mean more progress in between peeks!

I know what you're saying. But like you said also, sometimes that can be a good thing. Time away is good. But when they're young and watering isn't established, plus adjusting lights -- it's not easy.

I'm happy that tomorrow Im down to14 hours lights on, then next Sunday flip them to 12 -- and the way I have my light schedule, most of the growing (or lights on, they grow plenty with lights off too, but then I'm working!) is going on while I'm sleeping... So I'm not there mess with them as much. Unlike my outside summer grows where I think I've done to much since it's lighter longer....

Back
Top Bottom