MassMedMan's First Indoor - SCROG - 2 Lemon Kush In Smartpots

Shot at lights out. Two autos up front are getting water today. Day 43 & 42 for them. Only half strength fish fertilizer for them so far (5-1-1) breeder/Herbie says 65 days and I think one might be close to that. Might give them bloom nutes next time. With the HPS going they are needing water every four days now in those three gallon smart pots. So they might only get one bloom nute feed.

SCROG plants in rear filling out nice. Day 52 & 48 from sprout for them. They got cal mag/superthrive feeding last night. This was right after I topped each with an ancient forest and black gold soil I mixed up. The milk crate those five gallon smart pots are in is sitting in a 10 gallon tote. Each milk crate is raised about six inches in that tote which I think will help for flushing reasons. Also allows me to get a run off. They have been running three to four days before they are dry.

Sunday 12/12

Happy New Year 420

Stay green my friends

Group157.jpg

Hey big guy. Looking great as always!

What did you make your Scrog net out of?

I used some left over wire from the chicken coop i just rebuilt a few years back. Started out 2x4 and then I used some 12 gage wire to cut the long side in half. I'm not planning on filling all those holes. My plan is to have one cola/top coming from every four squares. I haven't done the math yet, but I'm looking for twenty tops. Anything more will be chopped. I want space in between each top, and I wanted to cut the grid down for support reasons. We shall see.

Everyone has a plan until they are hit, I heard Mike Tyson say. Hopefully my plan can take a hit :)

Nice talking you, love your journal.

Thank you Mr Pigeon. I'm just trying.

Been working on a supplemental/oh Shit back up light for the space. I think I've finally got something I like. 268 true watts coming from eight cfls, an additional 15,405 lumens, all 27k -- coming at them girls from all direction. Four computer fans glued on adding/creating some draft :) Trying to fatten up those auto girls while I add some air flow:

20150101_180859.jpg

Lk2 will probably be ready on time. She didn't take kindly to some LST, twice, almost turned out of my pipe cleaners. Determined girl. I fought her, but she won, stunted her. About a week ago I noticed the top flowers started slowing down. Still green and growing. First bloom nutes next feeding with her sister. I bet she's gonna be tight though, frosty, and fatter. Spindly thing now though, so this is the best shot of the top,,,she's not done yet, day 43:
20150102_215027.jpg

Lk1 this one could make me re-think things about autos. I spotted this superstar from the start. Shell go long, still blasting out flowers. In real life if she was a person I bet she'd be a rock star. ;) Her leaves are all over, some curl in/out, some turn up, some down, maybe it's mg, but last run off was 6.7 Anyone?? And that was with calmag. Crazy girl I tell you. Almost has three tops, day 44:
20150102_215004.jpg

CK1 is going 12/12 with her sister on Sunday. I was nervous a few days ago after I stripped a lot of lower growth down,, but now, I can see it on both:
20150102_214956.jpg

CK2 both screens are 10" above the soil. Each screen is approximately 20x19". The crate below is 13x13. 5 gallon smart pots in each crate. Both screens are a bit custom to they plant, with sides on the plant strong sides, or main top of plant. The last FIM of both of these was done 12/22 and they are just now recovering. But that is the reason some leaves look like I chewed on them:
20150102_214943.jpg

I won't post again in this thread until next Friday after they've had six days of 12/12.

I have to get dirty with them, and it's not nice to show that.

I'll be back......:ganjamon:

Stay green, 420

OK I lied. But this is it until I see some evidence of flowering. Although I have seen female pre flowers on both Lemon Kush girls.

Autos, are doing awesome BTW. So frosty.

A few shots of the SCROG girls a few hours after my last tuck session. Very happy I cut the grid/screen size down. Love working with this screen and these plants.

Have not cut any leafs in almost a week, just been tucking, but I did cut off five lower branches last night, very small ones that won't make it up in time/will over-crowd. Trying to keep the below screen area manageable.

They get two more hours of sleep tonight: 12/12

Anyone see anything they want to comment on please feel free....Stay green 420

Lk2s.jpg

Lk1t.jpg

Lk2t.jpg

Im gonna comment and say damn those are looking great and the scrog screen looks great too and i can see lots of colas popping out of there, how many will it be? I actually started from page 1 on your grow cause to get some ideas!! I wanna do some LST today so we will see what happens. Hope i can get to your stage in the process lol

Im gonna comment and say damn those are looking great and the scrog screen looks great too and i can see lots of colas popping out of there, how many will it be? I actually started from page 1 on your grow cause to get some ideas!! I wanna do some LST today so we will see what happens. Hope i can get to your stage in the process lol

Thanks man, glad to see you're back on the horse. I've spent years growing regular plants in my garden and the biggest thing I've learned is to be patient.

I'm shooting for twenty main colas but that might be too tough to control at this point. Maybe not, but I've got a lot of growth ready to explode . So I'll have to chop a lot, a little at a time. But I think if I stay with it, especially the first few weeks I'll get the tops I want. Having seen the final product already during my summer outside grows definitely helps, too.

Just to add, they look magnificent!

So, is the idea to tuck every time the cola pops up?

Thank you, I am super excited to get to this point.:cheer:

Pretty much. My plan is to let then come up for a day or two now. Then, assuming they've grown up a couple inches I'll pull it down from the grid it's in, and move it. I prefer to pull them down and relocate, but I've seen folks just tie them down along the screen, walk them along the screen if you will. I'm comfortable handling them more because it'll give me more options. I think.

Awesome that makes sense. I was just wondering because they look great and I'm going to follow the same idea.

Another question, do you still have the autos in 3 gallon pots or have you gone bigger? I'm figuring since they don't get as big I don't need a 5 gallon. Also want to save space

Yeah, it's a lot of work, but if I nail it's totally worth it. Even if I don't, it should still produce good. I don't have the space for big plants. Right now.

I went straight to the 3 gallon from the cow pots I used. I heard they dint like transplant and 3g was enough. And I'm staying in three gallon pots, yes.

If both if these grows turn out ok. I might just for the heck of it do six candy kush autos in the spring, which combined with this should be a good amount so I can take it easy in the summer. Lol take it easy, my regular garden is over 2k sqft, that's funny. Plus my chickens, oh, and,,,blah, blah, blah. Anyway, in the summer I'm busy so I'm thinking next fall I'd crank out another photo plant scrog with a 90 day veg.

So many choices. But I like what I'm seeing with them considering it's my first try, and what they are showing with basically no nutes. less I can screw up, they seem to like my soil mix,, so far. Fingers crossed.:thanks:

On other news, I decided to switch my timer for my lights this am. From the push pin tried and true, to a digital one. Why would someone do that at this point, you ask? Cause I'm stupid, and I like to test Murphy. Doh

A few minutes ago I check and saw my temps were at 74.... was like,,, wtf. Looked, lights blazing four hours into nap time..... they were only on a couple of minutes, not sure what happened, but I guess tomorrow starts 12/12

Old timer back in. Noted dumbass

Don't be a dumb ass

Stay green :)

Decided to hold off on any watering last night. Felt I needed to get her/themreally dry. Worked. This morning they are alive, I didn't sleep great but that was a confidence builder. Normally after for days I'm watering them, but sometimes you have to break cycles up. They'll get water only tonight so I can get a good run off heading into flower nutes late next week,,, possibly.

Stay green 420

Reading my plants not the calender, so I'm not watering them again. .thinking back, before the last time I watered them I topped them off with ancient forest and black gold. They are loving that. It's like an organic cunniligus. :) I can see clear evidence they are both girls. Loving the scrog.

These autos are something else. One of them has three weeks left, they both do actually, but one is clearly a week ahead, anyway,, still no bloom nutes for either, but that is coming, and if I get a good zip, I'm happy. The other, I'm getting two:
CK23.jpg

CK11.jpg

Stay green, and frosty, 420

Still alive, looking very green.

I know I said I wasn't planning on taking any clones... well, I reconsidered. Tonight I'll try four of them...

20150105_220114.jpg

Thanks buddy, not sure if method will work. Searching the internet I see many ways to skin this cat.

Not sure if I'm going to use those rockwool cubes....My thought was to cut a notch to get the stem in. .But, if I'm successful I'm not sure the growing medium. I want to try DWC but I'm not sure I'm ready.....so, I'm flying by the seat of my panties, again. :)

Just thinking out loud I guess....

Getting some backstrap molasses today.... next watering they'll get some of that

Nice! I've never done it but I bought the stuff for it. I don't have rockwool cubes either. But folks on this website said that they have left their cutting in cups of water and they still started to root. So I don't think it's as tough as we probably think it is.

Back
Top Bottom