MassMedMan's First Indoor - SCROG - 2 Lemon Kush In Smartpots

I located some neoprene so i might swap the cubes out. Or I might do two of each. But I did read the cubes hold a bit much water, that's why they are sitting high, but I'm not looking to reinvent the wheel or prove people wrong. So I might just use the neoprene. I don't think it's that hard, but until you do it ya don't know so I'm gonna try. I either try or those branches I'm cutting off tonight go the trash. Good luck my friend

Both girls and both budding. Two days into 12/12

Weaving and tucking, looking for 15 champs.

Got 4 clones tonight.

Fed my girls some molasses.

If topping them with ancient forest and black gold was like organic cunnilingis, the molasses is like the nut.

My soil is smokin a butt right now.

Life's good.

Thanks 420 for teaching me a shit ton.

Lots to learn........:thanks:

I have a question or two for anyone who has time and wants to answer.

Last night I fed my SCROG plants.

I made up two gallons of water, one PH'd only, the other PH'd with 1 tbsp of Granma's unsulphered molasses (I know it's not the best brand but was all I could find). These plants are week one of 12/12 and have got almost no nutes thus far.

Anyway, the stats of the water only was:
PH 6.60 PPM 147 EC 289 (Water from my fridge (filtered) that had been left out for a few days)

The Molasses (PH didn't change when I added it) stats are:
PH 6.61 PPM 251 EC 494

I was only able to capture a good runoff on one plant, LK2 -- the stats for the runoff are:

PH 6.70
PPM 1585
EC 3170

Are those high PPM and EC numbers concerning?

Or does it matter as much in soil?

The previous time I watered them I topped my 5 gallon smart pots off with ancient forest and black gold, and the PPM was 1372 and EC was 2742.

My girls are very healthy looking, green, growing and starting to bud/flower

Thank you, 420

Thank you, Light Addict.

So, I'll continue a water only regime till the ppm levels decrease a little? I'm fine with that but don't want them to suffer.

Here they are lights on:

20150107_200050.jpg

Safe to say they are flowering?
20150107_200103.jpg

Yep all looks fine and dandy to me!:)

Did some more backbuilding tonight with my other auto.

The first one I did it to, I know for sure by eye that it worked. It's been almost a week and that girl is making me proud, she was a spindly ho, but that was like an ass implant!! And,I'm going to stick the experiment out till the end. And prove it on a scale! But you are genius man!!

It makes so much sense, my buds on the branches on the plant I did it on are much more dense and thick. Makes so much sense, but somebody had to do it. Take the risk, push limits..

Light Addict, much credit for hearing about it, doing it, then sharing it. That technique should be in a Book.

20150109_213033.jpg

Oh, the pic...... Candy Kush One. Thick like a beer can. Pulled down the branches last night, opened her up. Backbuilded her tonight. This plant is far from done......

Little tucking the SCROG girls before bed. Snapped at lights off. Day 6 of flower:
20150110_080239.jpg

Candy Kush 2 filling out nice:
20150110_080301.jpg

Stay green 420

dude plants are looking awesome and i read that entire back building thread atleast 3 times now!! numerous ppl have showed it works!! of course we know that cause we have read and seen the evidence but other guys like at grow stores think its dumb to go clipping the ends of buds like that.. oh well you just cant help some ppl ya know.. lol.. i havent gotten as far as you but i know for sure i will be doing the back building technique!! thanks petergreen for showing us more evidence!! cant wait to see how much fatter they get!! and thanks light addict for showing us!!

Absolutely astonishing. You're doing an amazing job bud. Top notch! The Scrog is coming along great. I love that I see all white when I look at Candy Kush.

As for bud Backbuilding, I think it's a great idea! I Think I'm on week 3 after doing it. And I love the results. I don't care what other people have to say because I'm fortunate enough to smoke my own home grown.

Keep it up big guy, I can only imagine the ear to ear grin you have when you walk into your grow. We share your excitement :)

Thanks folks. Coming along nice. Watered the lemon kush last night, wasn't really expecting that, but when lights went on I noticed a good droop going. I was prepared had some water ready. Gave them water only, well with super thrive and cal mag plus. Still no ferts, not much anyway.

A little concerned about my PH. Last time my run off was 6.70 last night was 6.95

I picked up some dolomite but I'm nervous about adding that mid stream, or after the fact. Maybe I'll add a tablespoon to my next watering where I planned to do some top dressing? Anyone wanna help there that's great. It's not a problem yet, I don't think. Plants look fine.

Cut out six lower branches on each SCROG plant this morning. Every other day, or third day I've removed branches only. I've taken a lot out so far, I'd like to be done with that by the end of this week, second week of flowering. Trying to be realistic with what I want for the end and cutting accordingly, popcorn buds isn't what I'm after.

I'll post a pic of the lower branch area, not there yet but it's getting there. I'm almost as proud of the structure down below the screen as I am up top.

Happy Sunday 420. Puff, puff, pass...... :)

Baby bud
20150111_061050.jpg

Spreading out nice
20150111_061031.jpg

Picture didn't do this one any justice. It's like a nub, that branches up:
20150111_061848.jpg

Real men have purple lighters :)
20150111_061927.jpg

Gave the autos their first bloom nutes today. Neptune Harvest, 2-4-1. One plant, the one down below, might be ready day @ 65 , or when the seed seller says. The other one is going to be ten days or so behind it. I think I'm pulling it at 65 days no matter what, or that's when it'll start 36 hrs off darkness before chop. I could use the space for my SCROG, and it will give me a baseline for the other which I think is a two zipper. Can't believe I'm talking about chopping.... I'm having a hard time finding white pistols and today is day 53 & 54 for those two. Thing is chunky and covered in trichs. Gonna check the trichs tonight. Below is Candy Kush 2 still very green but she's filled in nicely, and I think a zip dried is easily possible:

20150112_063900.jpg

Thanks! I'm really interested to see how those autos finish in terms of taste and weight. They are more resinous then anything I've grown. I know it's 75% water but some of them buds are stacked. BAM. Thick nuggets, glistening with resin,,,,can't wait...

Did a big tuck session with the SCROG tonight,, Biggggg time stretch going on. Easy to let them go up cause they look so pretty,, but, I love pulling them down and re arranging them. Then I get out and leave them for the night. Filling out nice. Part of the success I've had this grow is growing when I sleep,, so I can't fuck it up. Or maybe I'm just patient now.... anyway
I opened up the wings I had, The SCROG screen is bigger....The shit is green with white little buds building.....

Stay green 420 peace out

Picked up a 26 wt uvb reptile cfl today. So many too choose from.

The pet store had a wide selection, and I didn't have my smart phone on me to do some on-the-spot research. Lots of great grow lights there, I was surprised. I'm designing a veg room and love seeing all the options.

Did some reading on bud washing today.....

This site is filed with info and great people willing to share.

Amazing.

Back
Top Bottom