MassMedMan's First Indoor - SCROG - 2 Lemon Kush In Smartpots

Just to give a heads up Peter...

im growing in fox farm ocean forest as well....

turns out theres so much nutrients in that soil that they dont need any added until week 5 or 6...
..i added 1/8 dose of grow of week 4 and 1/4 dose of bloom of week 5 and im dealing nute burn....

Dont add too much my friend

Thanks for that tip Dr.

I'm not using fox farms exclusively though. My soil mix is about 50% FF. The rest of it is comprised of ancient forest, black gold, added perlite and hydroyton.

I got that mix from Jorge Cervantes. not directly of course

But you make me think :) today is a feeding day for the lemon kush girls, first bloom nutes today, 1/3 rec dose.

I'm a little anal about tracking all that. Here's the back side of the door if my space, plus a very detailed journal is kept, and here.
20141228_100827.jpg

12/12 week from today!!

Will do.

Here is where I got my mix from, to a T

Grow Cannabis — Mixing Soil — by Jorge Cervantes:

Thanks for posting the video man.....
...that definitely helped some people out....and i will for sure look into this for my next grow

...i might do some different proven soil mixes and compare results.....

Thanks Peter..

PS:

I made updates to my journal if anyone has time to check it out.......Thanks and enjoy everyone.

They greened right up, hit the photos light bloom nutes.

The autos got light fish fertilizer, mostly water though:

20141229_065015.jpg

Think my scrog net going down soon. Candy kush auto looking amazing, pic does no justice:

20141229_064727.jpg

20141229_064532.jpg

Thanks for posting the video man.....
...that definitely helped some people out....and i will for sure look into this for my next grow.

No problem. I watch a lot of that guys stuff and find him knowledgeable and easy to understand.

I do a lot of regular gardening, so I'm big on the soil.

I did realize after watching the video, again, that I skipped out on using the roots organic, so I didn't really follow to a T -- like I said. But, I omitted that one because it's pretty much the same as the ancient forest. And, I did have a budget.

Good soil is key if using that. I like playing in the soil, rubbing it in my face/beard, and I've tasted my soil before, kind of like my mentor Mick Dodge.

Lots of good nutrients in soil, plus critters, lots of critters....

Stay green my friends.

:circle-of-love:

ScRoG wire is on, and secure on Lemon Kush 2.

Day 46 from seed. Sunday supposed to go 12/12 -- but i might wait a day or three -- it's 14/10 now. Last night gave the photos, one tsp -- big bloom, grow big, and tiger bloom. Mixed nutes in gallon, ph 5.98 ppm 547,,gave them another half gallon ahead of the nutes ph'd only water.

Today they are both much greener and no adverse effects noticed.

The other lemon might get the wire tonight, but probably tomorrow.

Comments welcome!!

20141229_190646.jpg

What does SCROG do?......
I'm just looking to keep the tops even, hopefully I'll have twenty plus that are fat. I'll cut thin stuff out. I hope it all works according to plan. Ive got a long way to go. I've done it outside with out the screen. Nothing like this.......

At one point the wire holding it down was about two inches above the soil. And I 'pulled' or trained all the branches out. Now, the screen above the soil is about ten inches, and those branches that I trained out, are now shooting up, but the undergrowth or new growth will be my main branches going up, after they do a 90° turn. So they say. I read this on the internet. Twenty fat Colas. I hope.:high-five:.

Ok i gotcha....thanks.
....is that 20 fat colas per plant???....thats crazy.
I'm not sure if thats something i should try eventually or not....????....sounds like i should for sure....

...right now i have a couple plants that are really bushy.....im wondering if i should trim anything off to open them up a little....
....is that useful on autos at all??
...if so what leaves and how would i go about it.....never done any trimming on a plant ever???

Can you gimme any advice on trimming any thing out.. ...should i or not? ...?
...which leaves and how much??....

also do you kno why my bottom leaves would be turning yellow?

I don't mess with the autos. I did some light lst, but very light. I did cut off the lower two nodes on each yesterday because they aren't going produce and I want that energy where it matters. I'll post a pic soon of a summer tree I had,,,,.needed duct tape to mend it...

Big night last night, took out about two handfuls of leaves and branches from under the wire.

Did some talking to KingJohnC and read up on his journals related to defoliating. Much thanks to him and the rest of the people here who help out and make this site unique.

It's amazing to think what I took out last night was driving the train there for a while. I didn't save anything for clones, focused on the task at hand. I've got time for clones. Shit is a blast.

In other news low temps in the single digits last night. Went into the space this am and it was 70° think I've got the weather/temp issues under control. I think it's actually easier when it's cold outside to control things.

This summer I'll need an AC unit unless I got LED.

Couple more days then 12/12 I was thinking about pushing it off, but looking at the branch structure underneath, and with almost 50% of my screen covered up top,,, I think they are close.

Autos are thickening up, getting frosty. Interesting plants.

Stay green my friends.

Wanna wish everyone on this site a happy, safe, and blessed New Year!! My birthday is tonight, just past midnight I was born over , , 40+ years ago. Gonna celebrate with friends and family as always. Always a party on my birthday.

Anyways, since I'm new here I'll just say my time here has been very informative and enjoyable and I thank everyone, from site administrators, to all the great members who share what they know.

Thank you.

I look forward to rocking some killer bud with ya'll in 2015!!!

My girls are about to get up, I'm going to top dress my lemon kush with black gold and ancient forest, and then feed with water only (calmag&superthrive). Girls are drinking fast now!!

Then it's time to party!!

:Namaste:

Happy birthday and a blessed New Year Mr. Green. It's a pleasure taking this journey with you!

Going to blaze a bowl for my man Peter right now!

Right on brother, Pidge, right on! :)

Back
Top Bottom