MassMedMan's First Indoor - SCROG - 2 Lemon Kush In Smartpots

Great idea with the UVB.

I'll be watching your bud washing. Ill retry hesitant on this idea still

I ran it last night just under 16 inches away. Rather be safe than sorry the first night. Only used it 9 of the 12 on hours.

Tonight, I'll move it a little closer and go for the full 12.

I wish I knew about this bud washing technique this summer when I chucked some moldy bud. I might have been able to do something with it. Enough pros around this site do it, so, I'm going to try.

Thanks for coming by!!

Making a simple and basic batch of worm tea. Picked upa bag of earthworm castings, added a cup of it to a gallon of already bubbled water, added some molasses,,,, brewing as we speak..... I'm digging this, I think my plants will too.

Got another UVB bulb, 10.0.....hitting them from all angles

Group shot:

20150115_072059.jpg

ordered my pumpkin seeds today , must try growing them lol

This year I am going for a ton pumpkin. It's a challenge I have with my son. I'm devoting a good amount of outdoor garden space, effort, and good compost to making it happen. Started prepping the hole last year. Actually, it's the hole I dug to hide my outdoor MJ grow. Made it less obvious I guess. I dug down five feet, atleast 5x5 up top,, I made this huge pit. Once I was done hiding my plants, or after I moved them from that area I back filled it with good compost stuff. All the used miracle grow soil from the 11 MJ plants I grew last year is in that hole. Plus a bunch of fish I caught over the summer. A few dead chickens we never ate.

And now all I've learned here about organics,,,, I'm gonna grow a beast paddy!!

And now I know what to do with all those seeds, thanks to you my friend. :Namaste:

Where you looking at seeds from? .

I'll have to look. I have a source, my barber's son grows big ones for fun, and he is supposed to give me a link to some invite only wEbsite that you can get good seeds from. Not cheap either.... lol

Lol.. the seeds I'm looking for aren't cheap. And you wouldn't use them for feed. However, what I'm growing with that one seed will bring me Shit loads of seeds to use as feed! Good luck, paddy,, happy growing!!

Thxs stainless! You have some sweet looking plants yourself. I'm paying close attention cause I got four of them going next and I've learned a lot from you and many others.:thanks:

..I looked at your journal, first off u have guys in there who's advice is so terrible its hard to read......a sea of green" style is probably the last method I would recommend defoliation unless trained exactly correct from day one of veg..but u can take 50 % of the top fanes now, at week 6// take every fan off..expose everything..leaving only close secondary leaves or just the very small interior ones. Professional defoliation is best done with less plants..short, very wide..so essentially instead of what u have under the net..that would all be 1 or two plants max and u would yield 50-75 more...when done correctly in early veg for every one fan u pull 4 more nodes grow back..u keep the plant no higher than 20 inches unti its got 25-30 main colas..then u get it to desigNated height...but with major defoliation the object is short and full of sites...you do not want stretch..that energy should go into bud development..my plants only stretch 10-14 inches max...that another high level technique , stopping the stretch..I'm gonna do a big trim on a 3 week old plant later..I'll do a before and after pic..any other questions just ask..and just because a persons plants r green and have big buds doesn't mean they have a clue, genetics and light replace brains often, growers think they r reinvent ing the wheel...talk science with them..see how far the get...when it comes to extreme supper cropping, defoliation, particular strains enjoy it more than others. Unless another grower has done many side by sides with specific strains they do not have experience to guide u..they will set u back...and most on here do not know the correct way to LST" or top" as u all call it....when achieving monster yeids..u do no topping until day one of flower only to make canopy symmetrical..

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment skwaulk12. I'm at day 11 of flower, really it's two weeks because I didn't count the first few days when I was first noticing the flowering. I think I need to remove some bud sights next. My goal is less than 30, around 20 actually but maybe that is a rookie move?? Last time I touched them (I love going multiple days without messing with them after a big tuck session) I removed all lower growth, bunch of sucker buds. There are plenty of good sights up top, think I'm done moving them around or at least the majority,,,just need some thinning:

20150117_072640.jpg

Shot at lights out, after I rotated them 180° :

20150117_080302.jpg

Did some experimenting last night with a DIY CO2 enrichment project. Not reinventing the wheel just suspended an old chemistry drip beeker over a bucket filled with baking soda. Got the drip down to about once a second. CO2 levels shot up and maintained for hours.

I didn't do this in my grow room, just a test. Did it in a closet.

Tonight I think it goes live the grow room....

Both those Candy Kush Autos are doing just swell, really testing my patience,, positive one is going the dark box Friday...

Enjoy some foot:cheer:ball today 420

Stay green

Mmmmm that looks yummy,, paddy, I need to work on something like that. I got some ideas yesterday in my yard while I was burning some brush. I have very fertile land, I have everything I need probably, minus a few things,, to make my own soil,, and teas.

So much to learn.....

Back
Top Bottom