McLoadie's Third Grow Journal

Good weed McLoadie!

Hope all is well:)

I started with the tea, as you recommended plus the fruit thingie. Thanks for that =)
I was wondering if i can give them tea during the last 2 weeks, or maybe i can, just the cow patty should be left out so i don't actually feed them. Or its all fine since it's organic?

Nice canopy MC, I like lol. Try to get a few pieces of walnut. I think I got the last 1.5 oz. bag at Dollar General for under 2.50 and I think if your still having an issue with them it will work. The walnuts are so greasy they just cant resist, plus its sticks to the trap well. IMHO it's the best bait and the only thing I EVER use. We get mice bad at times and I think last fall I got 15 in one day lol. Can't wait to get into the newer home, maybe there wont be so many hiding spots as the walls wont be from 1915!

I got one big mouse so far and no probs since.........the Pk is gonna have the largest buds.....I hope it turns purple! The Tahoe looks good....plenty of budsites. The yeti amazes me every time..........I can't wait to see a four foot one growin outside.....it's gonna be solid buds. That is one thing I've noticed about this geographical location....the plants don't get real big, but they don't waste any space....most plants I've seen outdoors are solid flowers....from the top to the ground!

Good weed McLoadie!

Hope all is well:)

I started with the tea, as you recommended plus the fruit thingie. Thanks for that =)
I was wondering if i can give them tea during the last 2 weeks, or maybe i can, just the cow patty should be left out so i don't actually feed them. Or its all fine since it's organic?

Organics are pretty benign in that respect IMHO. I still like a one week flush, being organic, the plants are still going to take up nutrients simply because of the nature of organics. I like the organic scenario, because like I said even if you do flush you're not going to be starving the plants, as opposed to synthetic...so to speak....nutrients, in which we strive to give the perfect ratios, and we are basically the regulators, especially in a hydro or soilless environment. I believe the flavors are still effected to the very end, and the best flavored weed has always been organic for me. I am using synthetics right now to broaden my experience with them.....and I will say I think they are easier to manage than organics...........I have more control with them because of the speed in which they show on the cannabis, I can fine tune much easier, with organics I may be seeing the effects of the application after already applying two more! Dr. earth organics recommends a one week flush with their products....Milo Shammas is a smart guy, and I take his recommendations very seriously!

good weed Mc and young miss loadie!:circle-of-love:
glad the rat has met its maker:cheer:

Well, the Nitrogen I hit em with is showing no effects on the yellowing fans of the Yeti, I'll try two shots of plain water and molasses, I don't think it's going to help, but I'm sure the soil has enough fuel that all of them can miss a feeding with no problems. Everything is fine...even the yellowing leaves are ok with me, this plant has always done this and I always try to stop it.....to no avail. This might possibly be a self thinning plant, never heard of one, but the proof's in the pudding. I'm going to try to get some water from a creek I found that doesn't seem to have the high mineral content of most local streams, I just have to figure out how to get it without front rowin myself. I would really like to try RO water, and loadie is hunting up a coupla 5 gallon jugs for me to get it in from the water machines. The plants got their first dose of beastie bloomz today, I have a little clawing going on......on the indicas. I would like to lower the Ph of my water to 6.5 and see if the claw goes away....my biggest clue that it's the water is the fact that they will claw a little even with plain water. I am pleased with these plants.........they are going to produce....and maybe even surpass my last run with roughly 1/3 the plants. The thing is, I have 1000 watts of light rather than 400....I better do better....................FOCUS!

Well, the Nitrogen I hit em with is showing no effects on the yellowing fans of the Yeti, I'll try two shots of plain water and molasses, I don't think it's going to help, but I'm sure the soil has enough fuel that all of them can miss a feeding with no problems. Everything is fine...even the yellowing leaves are ok with me, this plant has always done this and I always try to stop it.....to no avail. This might possibly be a self thinning plant, never heard of one, but the proof's in the pudding. I'm going to try to get some water from a creek I found that doesn't seem to have the high mineral content of most local streams, I just have to figure out how to get it without front rowin myself. I would really like to try RO water, and loadie is hunting up a coupla 5 gallon jugs for me to get it in from the water machines. The plants got their first dose of beastie bloomz today, I have a little clawing going on......on the indicas. I would like to lower the Ph of my water to 6.5 and see if the claw goes away....my biggest clue that it's the water is the fact that they will claw a little even with plain water. I am pleased with these plants.........they are going to produce....and maybe even surpass my last run with roughly 1/3 the plants. The thing is, I have 1000 watts of light rather than 400....I better do better....................FOCUS!

YOU CAN DOO ITT!!!! been a minitue my man! iv been missing out on the mcyd's logo! ; P

looking migty fine under the induction!

Hey McLoadie!

About this yellowing - it reminds me of my orange bud, really weird. She got strong feeding throughout the grow (around 1.9 ec lately), and still shows signs of N and P or K def - maybe both - dropping lower leaves rapidly. I cannot believe this high ec leaves her starved.
And she is mainly sativa. No idea whats going on, i raised nutes a bit and she does not mind, still no burn nor N-darkening, but lower leaves are falling off. Higher canopy looks healthy, don't think it's a pH issue. I dont see any leaves fall off where there is direct light. Maybe they are just very quick dropping less effective leaves as you say.

Thanks for the advice anyway, ill stop with the tea as well 1 week before harvest.

Hey JLT WADDYA DOIN?

Dooing hood booger shit lol ; P

just growing my pants off is all!!!

Got new car, and been busy with hoooking up new speakers, subs, amps extra lol. also propertiy taxes i had to pay for first time.... 200$ to live in the lovly city of flint HA!

Dooing hood booger shit lol ; P

just growing my pants off is all!!!

Got new car, and been busy with hoooking up new speakers, subs, amps extra lol. also propertiy taxes i had to pay for first time.... 200$ to live in the lovly city of flint HA!

LOL did you paint Steal Me on it yet?:rofl::rofl::green_heart:

Hey McLoadie!

About this yellowing - it reminds me of my orange bud, really weird. She got strong feeding throughout the grow (around 1.9 ec lately), and still shows signs of N and P or K def - maybe both - dropping lower leaves rapidly. I cannot believe this high ec leaves her starved.
And she is mainly sativa. No idea whats going on, i raised nutes a bit and she does not mind, still no burn nor N-darkening, but lower leaves are falling off. Higher canopy looks healthy, don't think it's a pH issue. I dont see any leaves fall off where there is direct light. Maybe they are just very quick dropping less effective leaves as you say.

Thanks for the advice anyway, ill stop with the tea as well 1 week before harvest.
It's natural for Cannabis to shed leaves, it is an annual after all!!!

It's natural for Cannabis to shed leaves, it is an annual after all!!!

Yeah, but not in early flower :)
I have 4 other strains in the same tent, and none of the others do this. If i keep them well fed, they go full green for a while.

Hi mcloadie. I agree with KingJohn - Your girl's are a beautiful sight. Glad to hear that stoner mouse is gone and that he didn't have a lot of friends with him. :cheer: :cheesygrinsmiley::peace:

Hey McLoadie!

How far away from the light are the affected leaves?

Like you said, it's the leaves not getting the light. The unused parts are just being eliminated. Cannabis will exhibit some different behaviors indoors that it won't display outdoors due to the nature of our artificial lights. Our lights' strength decreases as we get further from the light. Even a 1k HPS can't really 'feed' the plant past 48". The Sun on the other hand, has the same intensity everywhere. :)

I try to keep my leaves healthy looking all the way through flower. The only leaves I want to come off are the ones I remove! :blalol:

I've never done a straight water flush though. I've always just tapered off the nute strength to about 1/4. I'm going to try plain phed water for ~10ish days this time, so I'm anticipating more yellowing at the end. I'm not saying I don't get yellowing during flower. Of course I do, but it's not until the last couple of weeks. :)

How far away from the light are the affected leaves?

Like you said, it's the leaves not getting the light. The unused parts are just being eliminated. Cannabis will exhibit some different behaviors indoors that it won't display outdoors due to the nature of our artificial lights. Our lights' strength decreases as we get further from the light. Even a 1k HPS can't really 'feed' the plant past 48". The Sun on the other hand, has the same intensity everywhere. :)

I try to keep my leaves healthy looking all the way through flower. The only leaves I want to come off are the ones I remove! :blalol:

I've never done a straight water flush though. I've always just tapered off the nute strength to about 1/4. I'm going to try plain phed water for ~10ish days this time, so I'm anticipating more yellowing at the end. I'm not saying I don't get yellowing during flower. Of course I do, but it's not until the last couple of weeks. :)

There are leaves further from the light that aren't affected........just that one plant. All the sativas are a little lighter....but it wasn't nitrogen.....I gave em a good dose and nothing happened..........water..........that will tell me if I'm wastin my time working on it....no leaves falling off.....just slightly to moderately chlorotic. I'm picking up some Ro water today and see if they like it better than my mineral water...LL

Back
Top Bottom