Day 6
They'll need some water tomorrow, but for now they're doing fine.
I'm happy to see their second set of true leaves getting started.

Do si dos #33 - Delilah

Do si dos - Dolores

Whoops! Sorry I missed replying to this 12!
Good to see you!
All good brother looks like you got some healthy sprouts going in there look forward to seeing more! :)

All good brother looks like you got some healthy sprouts going in there look forward to seeing more! :)
Thanks TC!
:popcorn:
Looking good Mel

Just one question; no training means no quad?

Still looking forward to seeing some pretty flower.

:p
Thanks D!
If the ornamental cuttings root there won't be room for quadlined plants. Something I haven't done recently is growing a new strain without training to see how it behaves.
I've noticed that most of the strains I've grown that had a high amount of OG Kush in their background didn't take as well to the training I like to use as others.
Since these two have OG in there, I'd like to see how their side branching develops.
The Bruce Banners from the 2021 season had side branching growing so tight to the stem I couldn't see it at first. I thought I had mutants. When I finally could see it I got it bent out to the light.
The Skywalker OG from this summer did something a little similar. She pushed her side branches up towards the canopy so they were only a little below the level of the main shoot. I don't think I mentioned that in the journal. I did consider letting her grow naturally to see what was she did, but when I double checked the strain details it said they're known to get 3 metres tall, and I still thought I was going to keep her under the fence, lol!
I'd like to know if these two will follow a similar pattern before I decide whether or not to grow this strain outdoors, and what type of training to use if I do. If they're like the others I'll probably give LST a shot.

Day 7
Yes, I know the leaves are wet!
The strawberry plant was letting me know it wanted more light, so I lowered Delilah and Dolores and put the dimmer up to 75%.
I watered everything that needed it today too. Just plain water.

Do si dos #33 - Delilah

Do si dos - Dolores

Good day, Mel.

Your D girls are looking good. Are those pots 1-gallon/litre pots? And, do you tear away the material at the bottom of the peat puck before you plant it? And, did you plant the peat pucks in your container when you planted your seeds or did you just plant them once the seeds germinated?

Good day, Mel.

Your D girls are looking good. Are those pots 1-gallon/litre pots? And, do you tear away the material at the bottom of the peat puck before you plant it? And, did you plant the peat pucks in your container when you planted your seeds or did you just plant them once the seeds germinated?
Thanks HG!
The pots are a little bit bigger than solo cups. They say 710ml on the side. Some annuals came in them and I decided to reuse them.
I didn't tear away the wrapping of the peat puck. I've never had a problem with it. The plants have always just pushed right through it.
I germinated the seeds in the pucks. I didn't even soak them this time and they broke the surface in 2 days.
I planted the pucks after the seeds broke the surface, but next time I might just put the seed straight into the soil in one of these pots. If that works as well it'll cut down on the hassle early on.
Here are some pics of the pots. I like the straight sides, they make it easier to fit a bunch of them in side-by-side.
IMG_2022-10-29-16-04-35-517.jpg
IMG_2022-10-29-16-04-41-308.jpg

Day 9
Nothing new today. I'm feeling pretty good about the temps right now. It's staying just above 20C during lights off, and up to just over 26C during lights on.

Do si dos #33 - Delilah

Do si dos - Dolores

Day 11
I've started a 12/4/6/2 light schedule.
12 and 6 on, 4 and 2 off.
I've never split up the light schedule like that, but it'll give them 18 hours of light while avoiding top peak hours.

Do si dos #33 - Delilah

Do si dos - Dolores

Day 11
I've started a 12/4/6/2 light schedule.
12 and 6 on, 4 and 2 off.
I've never split up the light schedule like that, but it'll give them 18 hours of light while avoiding top peak hours.

Do si dos #33 - Delilah

Do si dos - Dolores

I have never heard of splitting up the photoperiod. This should be interesting. Im excited!😎

Day 12
The change in light schedule hasn't produces any notable effects yet.
Of course it's only just started.
I'll be starting them on the seedling strength of @Remo Nutrients next watering. This light changes their colour, so they're not as pale as they look in the pics, and I'd like to keep it that way. I'll see if I can do anything about it in the camera settings, but I may just have to bite the bullet and get a real camera.
There's something about Dolores' leaves that I'm liking. I'm not sure what it is.

Do si dos #33 - Delilah
@Barney's Farm @Herbies Seeds

Do si dos - Dolores
@Weed Seeds Express

I have never heard of splitting up the photoperiod. This should be interesting. Im excited!😎
Thanks Gee!
In theory it shouldn't be a problem as they won't get 12 hours of straight darkness, but I haven't gone looking for the results of anyone else who has done it. I kind of want to find out for myself.

Is that peak hours in terms of cost/kWh?
Yeah. The most expensive hours are 7 to 11 am, and 5 to 7 pm.
7 pm to 7 am are off peak, and 11 to 5 are "mid-peak". I think @Bill284 posted a pic of the rates here in Ontario recently.

Not an in door grower myself,, But what would be accomplished by this ,,Just sounds like the plant will be confused /stressed
I'm trying to give them 18 hours of light without running into peak hours. I don't think they'll be too stressed if at all so long as I stay consistent from here on in.
It'll be a standard 12/12 for flower, so I don't see how there could be a problem there.

Back
Top Bottom