Looks like she really does prefer warmer nights.
Doug's Varin 08 Dec 2021.jpg
Doug's Varin 08 Dec 2021 1.jpg

I'm glad I managed to get the light at the right height to control stretch without having to adjust this time. So far anyway, lol.

Won't be staying online very long tonight, lol.
Lemonchello Haze gummies.jpg

Made these last night, and I probably should've started with a half. Whoops.
Doug's Varin 08 Dec 2021 Family Portrait.jpg

Looks like the girls are almost ready for their first feed. Just a couple more days until the pots are dry. I'll be feeding MC at 0.5 or 1 gram per gallon.

Lemon gummies, made with oil infused with Super Lemon Haze from my buddy's grow. Traded some B Banner from this summer's grow, gram for gram.
He has a greenhouse, so he can grow strains that take too long for me to do outdoors.
Two cups of oil to 45g of bud, and I have no idea what strength it is, lol. Strong enough that I folded all the laundry, then took a 9 hour nap :D

Lemon gummies, made with oil infused with Super Lemon Haze from my buddy's grow. Traded some B Banner from this summer's grow, gram for gram.
He has a greenhouse, so he can grow strains that take too long for me to do outdoors.
Two cups of oil to 45g of bud, and I have no idea what strength it is, lol. Strong enough that I folded all the laundry, then took a 9 hour nap :D

How many gummies did it make?

How many gummies did it make?
I use 1/3 cup of the oil, and it usually makes about 60 gummies, but for some reason edibles have been hitting me harder than they used to. Not sure why. So I'm using smaller molds. I ran out of the pot leaf molds, and had to use some of the older ones, and since they're about twice the size of the pot leaf ones that makes it about 110 gummies. I freeze them to keep them good, and take a weeks worth at a time out of the freezer and move them to the fridge.
My buddy has also grown some of the strongest weed I've ever had, so that might play a part. If I assume the SSH he grew has about 20%, that gives me about 15mg per gummy.

Edit:Whoops, that's SLH

Definitely should have given the biggest two crosses a feeding by now. If you're wondering, the two above the DV are HK crosses, and the three under are BB crosses. So the biggest, fastest growing plant is an HK, and the second is a BB.
I think I'll use photo editor or something to label them tomorrow.
Doug's Varin 09 Dec 2021 Family Portrait.jpg

Now that I look at the photo I realize I put the big HK cross to the left of the Doug's Varin.
Doug's Varin 09 Dec 2021 Family Portrait 1.jpg

That's it for tonight I guess.

Daily update: day 11
Tent got up to 27C last night. Good reminder of why I don't grow indoors in the summer, considering there's snow on the ground outside, lol.
Doug's Varin 10 Dec 2021 .jpg

I might check the roots now that she's reaching the sides of the container. See if it's time to up-pot, but I doubt it's necessary yet. Might be beneficial though.
Doug's Varin 10 Dec 2021 1.jpg

Now I have to go check my photo editor software and see how to label the plants in the family portrait this evening. See you guys then.

So, I hadn't really noticed, but the Doug's Varin is now larger than a couple of the crosses. That makes me happy.
Doug's Varin 10 Dec 2021 Labels.jpg

They have been fed now. Just before the pic. 1g per gallon of MC.
Doug's Varin 10 Dec 2021 Family Portrait.jpg

We should see that light green foliage on there start to darken up a bit.
The 'zon says my heating mats will be here tomorrow, so soon I shouldn't need to move the DV into the warmer dark area. I haven't checked the roots, but I will soon. Probably tomorrow. With pics.

Edit: I just put the lights on, that's why the temp is so low in the first pic

I wouldn't let them get much larger than your two biggest ones before you transplant.
The two biggest, and the other crosses are on 11/13 right now. I wasn't really prepared to grow more than one plant this season.
I was really high when I put them between the paper towels, and I left them there because I thought my conditions weren't right. Turned out the DV seeds were just slower to pop.
I'm not really concerned with getting much from them, I'm more interested in finding out whether the bud from the rest of the seeds in those batches will be worth growing. I have about 30 more of the BB, and 15 or so of the HK.
I'm focusing on the Doug's Varin, and keeping conditions right for it, rather than the others. If I had any friends who grew indoors around here I would have given most or all of them away by now, but most growers I know around here grow outdoors. There's one guy with a greenhouse, but he doesn't grow in the winter. He mostly has it so he can finish long running sativa strains.

Good day, Melville.

Your garden looks well. I assume HK is Hindu Kush but what is BB?
That's right, Hindu Kush, and Bruce Banner. They're crosses really, the HK with a male someone in the neighbourhood let grow outoors summer of 2020, and the BB I took off my plant this summer. I'm assuming it came from one of the plants my next door neighbour had. He badly stressed them, both with lack of water and with lights on at night, and both of them disappeared few weeks apart. One just after the flowering period started, and one in mid September.

The two biggest, and the other crosses are on 11/13 right now. I wasn't really prepared to grow more than one plant this season.
I was really high when I put them between the paper towels, and I left them there because I thought my conditions weren't right. Turned out the DV seeds were just slower to pop.
I'm not really concerned with getting much from them, I'm more interested in finding out whether the bud from the rest of the seeds in those batches will be worth growing. I have about 30 more of the BB, and 15 or so of the HK.
I'm focusing on the Doug's Varin, and keeping conditions right for it, rather than the others. If I had any friends who grew indoors around here I would have given most or all of them away by now, but most growers I know around here grow outdoors. There's one guy with a greenhouse, but he doesn't grow in the winter. He mostly has it so he can finish long running sativa strains.
So, you're only going to finish just the Doug's Varin?
You're keeping the others in solo cups?

So, you're only going to finish just the Doug's Varin?
You're keeping the others in solo cups?
I'm keeping them in the cups/small pots, yes. I'll see if I can finish them in there, just as a 12/12 from seed grow. Better than just throwing them in the composter. I'm expecting a male or two anyway.
Making the best of a mistake really.

Welp, Beezy hath failed me. They delivered heat mats today, just not the ones I ordered. These have no thermostats on them.
They knew this when they sent them too, they refunded me a whole $10.12. Yesterday when they shipped.
Not sure I care enough to make an issue of it though. I can still use these, I'll just have to put them under the pot stands and check the temps during the dark period for a while until I get an idea of how they're working. Might actually be better this way.

So I made a tactical error. Feeding yesterday was a bad idea without knowing how extensively the roots have grown. I'm not risking pulling her out until tomorrow, either at lights out tomorrow morning or at lights on in the evening. The soil is too soft right now. That also means that her roots probably aren't too extensive yet.
Doug's Varin 11 Dec 2021 Family Portrait.jpg

The HK crosses are starting to smell a little bit. My friend says the mother did too, all through veg.
Doug's Varin 11 Dec 2021 Family Portrait 1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom