I’m interested in seeing how my Cannatonic flower comes out. Since she is so damn huge (for my grow skills anyway) I would like to make the move to edibles with some of the harvest.

NTH
Edibles are actually really easy. If you can make jello, you can make gummies. You might want to try to find a low smell way to decarb the weed though.
Or find out if your partner minds the house stinking of weed for a couple of hours :laugh:

Well, sorry it took so long to get back to this thread. I kept thinking I should update it, but since I didn't really have much to say, it kept slipping my mind. But today the lab finally got back to me.
One thing I have to say before I post the test results though.
Clean your grinder before you try a sample for a smoke report, lol!
The first sample I tried was contaminated with kief from the SLH I got from my friend.
The second sample I vaped was much less intense than the first, and the gummies were much weaker than I was expecting given the first sample.
Bad news, there was hardly any THCV. This was expected, especially given Shed's results.
Good news, I get a couple free tests for this Autumn's crop.
I wonder how long those ones will take, lol.
DVresults.JPG

The CBD result was pretty unexpected.
Anyway, that concludes this journal. The grow was fun, and I now have a bunch of CBD gummies, so there's that!
Still would like to know exactly what I grew though.
Hey Melville that's pretty cool.
Was it expensive?
How much did you send them?
Thanks take care. :ciao:

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Hey Melville that's pretty cool.
Was it expensive?
How much did you send them?
Thanks take care. :ciao:

Stay safe
For simple potency, THC and CBD, it's $30 and they need a 1 to 2 gram sample.
For the full cannabinoid panel it's $60 and they need 2 to 3 grams.
They send you a shipping label for free.

For simple potency, THC and CBD, it's $30 and they need a 1 to 2 gram sample.
For the full cannabinoid panel it's $60 and they need 2 to 3 grams.
They send you a shipping label for free.
Fantastic can you give me their info when you get a chance please.
:thanks:

Stay safe

I have pretty much given up hope of finding a dependable THCV strain for a reasonable price.

I read that landrace strains tend to be higher in THCV like Durban Poison. Ace Seeds has a number of landrace strains, too.

I read that landrace strains tend to be higher in THCV like Durban Poison. Ace Seeds has a number of landrace strains, too.
I read that too. A lot African strains are supposed to have higher than usual levels of it, including Malawi. But I've also read that it can be a bit hit or miss, even for them. Ace also put levels of THCV for some of their African landrace strains on their website at one point.
I think the lighting used to grow it has a big effect on THCV levels for strains that have a genetic potential for it. I did read a study once about a group testing three different light sources and THCV levels, HPS and two types of LEDs. Both the LEDs had higher levels than the HPS light. Maybe it's the UV? LEDs do often have higher levels of it than HPS.
A lot of the strains high in it are pure sativas, so growing them outdoors would be a problem here. I'll probably look into it if/when I can set up a greenhouse.
I also have some seeds for an Indian landrace from a region where the weed is supposed to have lowish THC, higher CBD, and higher than usual levels of THCV. But given the usual level is less than 1%, I'm not sure that's saying much.
We'll see. I do intend growing them at some point, and since they're regs I'll probably do some pollen chucking. See what I get.

Mel I know Levo sells a thc tester, 160 I think, so you can test your edibles. I’m gonna go see, I’m gonna get that Levo 2, it seems pretty simple. I know it’s expensive but it looks worth it

Mel do you have health problems that you want thcv . I have a myriad of shit wrong with me and if it wasn’t for weed I’d be strung out on painkillers. My mind races and weed relaxes me, I have to workout everyday also, if I don’t by noon I’m losing it. Not a fun way to live ,

Thanks for posting the lab results! I'm surprised by the CBD numbers but it looks like you have a solid 1:1 harvest so I hope it's good for what ails you. :thanks:
I have a myriad of shit wrong with me and if it wasn’t for weed I’d be strung out on painkillers. My mind races and weed relaxes me, I have to workout everyday also, if I don’t by noon I’m losing it. Not a fun way to live ,
So sorry to hear that Old g. I'm glad you've found some better ways to get a handle on it. :thumb:

Mel do you have health problems that you want thcv . I have a myriad of shit wrong with me and if it wasn’t for weed I’d be strung out on painkillers. My mind races and weed relaxes me, I have to workout everyday also, if I don’t by noon I’m losing it. Not a fun way to live ,
It's supposed to help with anxiety. I have occasional anxiety attacks. They feel like a heart attack, but without the chest pain. THCV has some clinical evidence behind it for both cutting off an attack that has already started and preventing them in the first place.
The other effects, like helping with insulin sensitivity and stimulating bone regrowth wouldn't have hurt either, but are things that exercise would be more effective for if I had a problem with them.
Thanks for posting the lab results! I'm surprised by the CBD numbers but it looks like you have a solid 1:1 harvest so I hope it's good for what ails you. :thanks:

So sorry to hear that Old g. I'm glad you've found some better ways to get a handle on it. :thumb:
I'm hoping so too.
I'm still planning on contacting @Weed Seeds Express about it. I'm not expecting anything, but these results and the germination troubles I've had with them are pretty unusual.
On the bright side my outdoor grow is going well including the Skywalker OG I got from them. Based on what I've seen of the plants others have grown from their seeds the DV were definitely exceptions.

I'm hoping so too.
I'm still planning on contacting @Weed Seeds Express about it. I'm not expecting anything, but these results and the germination troubles I've had with them are pretty unusual.
On the bright side my outdoor grow is going well including the Skywalker OG I got from them. Based on what I've seen of the plants others have grown from their seeds the DV were definitely exceptions.
Hey @Melville Hobbes,

We are, unfortunately, aware that DV often did not deliver in the THCV department, which is why we discontinued this strain. If you can indeed contact our support team, we can for sure figure out a way to compensate you. You can email our support team via support@weedseedsexpress.com.

Back
Top Bottom