Congrats on the yield of your DV, Mel! I'm surprised it wasn't more considering how chonky your buds looked.

I vaped a bit at 223C, and it was not the usual high.

What does this ⬆︎ mean exactly???

Congrats on the yield of your DV, Mel! I'm surprised it wasn't more considering how chonky your buds looked.

What does this ⬆︎ mean exactly???
Thanks!
I think I needed to use something in the pics to give a better idea of the scale. I'll be doing better with that in the future. My outdoor grow will have chairs and a table or two in view in the whole plant pics, but something right beside the pots, and maybe holding a lighter beside the buds after they start to form would be useful.

I usually vape at 185C. When you vape at higher temps more of the THC is released at one time, and more of the terpenes as well.
When I tried vaping for the first time I went with a higher temp, and got really high really fast. After doing some reading on the effect temperature has on the high I settled at 185C as best for me. I get the kind of high I like, and it also tastes pretty good.
Usually I get pressure in my head, a really good mood, and relaxation, and often I get a fairly significant increase in my heart rate. If it's a particularly sedating strain I sometimes get couchlock, and it's almost always easy to get to sleep.
The high I got from vaping the DV at 223C was very different at first. Instead of pressure in my head, I felt like it would've floated away if it weren't attached. I felt happy, and not anxious, but I can't say I was relaxed. More like I wasn't worried. That has happened with a strain or two before, so I can't say that was THCV. I didn't have the munchies, but again, other strains have been the same. My heart rate didn't go up much, which I was pretty happy about. So far the only other strain that hasn't raised my hr is Skywalker OG/Kush.
I felt alert, and like I should go for a run or something.
It just felt different, but I'm hesitant to say that it was the weed itself, and not my state of mind going into it. I'm going to have to have it a few times before I can say that it's the strain. I'm going to infuse some oil and make a set of gummies too, as I usually use edibles. That should give me a good idea if there's really something different here.

Hey G, sorry about taking so long to answer. I meant to take a pic or two and get back to you this morning.
The vape is pretty similar to smoking with a pipe. Grind up the weed, load it into the chamber and it heats up. You inhale through the stem. It's smoother and doesn't have the burning flavour of joints and pipes. It also doesn't have the carcinogens of smoke. Here's a pic.
IMG_2022-04-26-20-48-33-363.jpg
Very nice I gotta check my headshop

Nice harvest Mel
Thanks G!
It's been an awesome journey, story and journal with this plant.
Great work brother :thumb:
Thanks!
I've still got 7 seeds of this strain, so I'll be growing it again sometime. But I think I'll be growing something else next indoor season.

Still waiting on the email from the lab.
In the meantime, I infused some oil with 30g of DV, and just made some sour orange gummies. They're setting in the fridge, and will be ready to try tomorrow.

I found out my lab is $75 and definitely tests THCV, so I'm going to ship off the buds next week and see how mine turns out!
Excellent!
It'll be interesting to compare them!

Blackberry is harvested, and the seedlings are in the tent, thermometer/hygrometer beside them.
My family doesn't understand, but you guys probably will, how it feels to finally be growing a strain I've wanted to grow since I heard about it.
Blackberry Auto Harvest.jpg

Soil gets sorted tomorrow, little pots standing by.
Ooooohhhhh.... Aaaaaahhhhhh! Srry for backposting but they are so, so... so beautiful. So beautiful. Wow. Hope they smoked like they looked... aka narcotic. If you do take alcohol, may I recommend a single malt, or Irish whiskey if the $$ is an issue (Is for me usually). Make sure and tie the TV remote to you're wrist, you wont be getting up, safely, if you drop it. And you will drop it. Humour aside, well done. Under 100w led? Again, sorry for the backpost, I'll get on with reading the rest, quietly.

Ooooohhhhh.... Aaaaaahhhhhh! Srry for backposting but they are so, so... so beautiful. So beautiful. Wow. Hope they smoked like they looked... aka narcotic. If you do take alcohol, may I recommend a single malt, or Irish whiskey if the $$ is an issue (Is for me usually). Make sure and tie the TV remote to you're wrist, you wont be getting up, safely, if you drop it. And you will drop it. Humour aside, well done. Under 100w led? Again, sorry for the backpost, I'll get on with reading the rest, quietly.
It really was very nice. Very relaxed, and happy. Made it easy to fall asleep and "body buzz" perfectly describes how my body felt. Like it was gently buzzing.
I am actually sipping a nice Irish whiskey right now, but I think you're right, a single malt, like Highland Park, would go very well. Expensive though.
Yep, 100w from the wall, qb style.
Comment all you want, I'm keeping this thread going until the lab results come in, the activity is good.

@Azimuth I just got done reading @bluter's process, and looking up sublinguals, and there is definitely an instant pot in my future.
Thanks again.
Dont know if you've bought one yet but be sure to check out a quite new, "Insta-Pot" brand model that provides a proper sterilization function. 8 liters also better than 6 in my mind and experience. My Starfrit 8 liter wont hit 250 deg for 12 minutes, so I double the time period because I get pretty close temp-wise. Steri-strip testing indicates to me this works in my unit. I use it for sterilizing or pasteurizing for mycology substrates and tools, and cannabis stuff like hydroton, also if I want to raise and or isolate bacterial/fungi strains I can make sure my starting medium (like rainwater, or...) has no competition in it. I keep finding so many uses for it in lab and kitchen, awesome investment at 100$. Some silicon 'ziplocks' on Amazon make great vessels for sterilizing grow matrix like coco and perlite, then you can add your own beneficial microbes and have them establish much faster. 100$ autoclave is a big win.

Dont know if you've bought one yet but be sure to check out a quite new, "Insta-Pot" brand model that provides a proper sterilization function. 8 liters also better than 6 in my mind and experience. My Starfrit 8 liter wont hit 250 deg for 12 minutes, so I double the time period because I get pretty close temp-wise. Steri-strip testing indicates to me this works in my unit. I use it for sterilizing or pasteurizing for mycology substrates and tools, and cannabis stuff like hydroton, also if I want to raise and or isolate bacterial/fungi strains I can make sure my starting medium (like rainwater, or...) has no competition in it. I keep finding so many uses for it in lab and kitchen, awesome investment at 100$. Some silicon 'ziplocks' on Amazon make great vessels for sterilizing grow matrix like coco and perlite, then you can add your own beneficial microbes and have them establish much faster. 100$ autoclave is a big win.
I did buy it. I also made sublinguals with it, and it definitely reached decarb temps.

Well, sorry it took so long to get back to this thread. I kept thinking I should update it, but since I didn't really have much to say, it kept slipping my mind. But today the lab finally got back to me.
One thing I have to say before I post the test results though.
Clean your grinder before you try a sample for a smoke report, lol!
The first sample I tried was contaminated with kief from the SLH I got from my friend.
The second sample I vaped was much less intense than the first, and the gummies were much weaker than I was expecting given the first sample.
Bad news, there was hardly any THCV. This was expected, especially given Shed's results.
Good news, I get a couple free tests for this Autumn's crop.
I wonder how long those ones will take, lol.
DVresults.JPG

The CBD result was pretty unexpected.
Anyway, that concludes this journal. The grow was fun, and I now have a bunch of CBD gummies, so there's that!
Still would like to know exactly what I grew though.

That sucks Mel, are you saying you grew plants high in CBD and not THC. Was that your intention
Nope. I was hoping for high THCV, and decent THC. I really didn't care much about the CBD.
Obviously that didn't happen.
Recently I have been looking into growing a few strains that are advertised as having moderate THC and high CBD levels. Like CBD Lemon Auto from Herbies. So this weed won't go to waste. And it really was a fun grow.
I have pretty much given up hope of finding a dependable THCV strain for a reasonable price.

Nope. I was hoping for high THCV, and decent THC. I really didn't care much about the CBD.
Obviously that didn't happen.
Recently I have been looking into growing a few strains that are advertised as having moderate THC and high CBD levels. Like CBD Lemon Auto from Herbies. So this weed won't go to waste. And it really was a fun grow.
I have pretty much given up hope of finding a dependable THCV strain for a reasonable price.
I’m interested in seeing how my Cannatonic flower comes out. Since she is so damn huge (for my grow skills anyway) I would like to make the move to edibles with some of the harvest.

NTH

Back
Top Bottom