Mel where do you get those sticks to hold up the buds, I need some. Your buds loom like their starting to buckle under their weight, not a bad problem is it lol . Tell you what you get attached to our plants and I have a hard time chopping them
You mean the bamboo skewers? Those are actually carhooks (I don't know how to put in that copyright symbol). @Trala recommend them for holding down branches for training. They work well, until your plant gets strong enough. She's pulled them right out of the soil, and now they're hanging off the branches holding them out a little.
They're bamboo skewers with a piece of gardening wire wrapped around them making a hook. I'll post a pic in this evenings update. I'll be using them again in my Space Grow journal when the plants get big enough.
That is a georgoius plant Mel. I love the way she faded at the end. :green_heart: Have fun with the chop.
Thanks!
That's one of the upsides of indoor plants, they're small enough that I don't end up with carpal tunnel syndrome after the trim!

If it keeps going this way I might wait until I have equal numbers of clear and amber. Let them even each other out.
Awwww c'mon chop it now and get a variety high....one nug couch lock....next nug cerebral twitch now the house is clean...lol just messin, but she's looking better each day.:headbanger:

Day 140
Flower 67
Flip 77
So this is a carhook, or at least my version of one.
Carhook.jpg

But I realized there's no reason it can't be a "carstand"
Carstand.jpg

I hate how they get all blurry when you resize them too far. If you need something to support your branches, you can reverse the hook, or even wrap it around the branch in question. Even better, the bamboo skewers and soft gardening wire are pretty inexpensive.

So, I've been checking trichs all over the plant and some of the branches are far enough ahead of others that I'm now thinking of doing a staggered harvest. I would be the first time I've done it though. So for anyone sho has done it before, does the stress of harvesting part of the plant slow down the rest? Would it be likely to cause her to herm?
As you can see in the trich shots, there are parts that just aren't ready.
Doug's Varin 17 Apl 2022.jpg

Doug's Varin 17 Apl 2022 1.jpg
Doug's Varin 17 Apl 2022 Pistils.jpg
Doug's Varin 17 Apl 2022 Pistils 1.jpg
Doug's Varin 17 Apl 2022 Trichs.jpg
Doug's Varin 17 Apl 2022 Trichs 1.jpg

Have a great evening, and thanks for looking in!

Day 141
Flower 68
Flip 78
You may notice a couple of new additions to the tent. Those are upside down pots which I'm using to hold the Space crew up in the light. The girls were getting a little stretchy, so I had to get them under something brighter. I take them out at lights off, and I make sure they get some afternoon light before lights on to keep them under 15/9. You won't be seeing them here, I'm keeping this as just the Doug's Varin journal, but I thought you might want to know.
Doug's Varin 18 Apl 2022.jpg

Doug's Varin 18 Apl 2022 1.jpg

Doug's Varin 18 Apl 2022 Pistils.jpg
Doug's Varin 18 Apl 2022 Pistils 1.jpg

Yes! Much better!
Doug's Varin 18 Apl 2022 Trichs.jpg

Doug's Varin 18 Apl 2022 Trichs 1.jpg

Day 142
Flower 69
Flip 79
Looks like she's just about done. She's foxtailing, and the trichs on the plant as a whole are mostly cloudy, just with a lot of both amber and clear mixed in. If I wait much longer she'll be majority amber, and I've never really enjoyed that kind of weed. Hopefully I do a better job on her outdoor sister this summer.
Doug's Varin 19 Apl 2022.jpg

Doug's Varin 19 Apl 2022 1.jpg

Doug's Varin 19 Apl 2022 Pistils.jpg

Doug's Varin 19 Apl 2022 Pistils 1.jpg
Doug's Varin 19 Apl 2022 Trichs 1.jpg

Interesting blend of clear and amber but oh those towering colas!
Lol, that's one word for it!
Thanks!

Day 143
Flower 70
Flip 80
It's time. I chop tomorrow.
Doug's Varin 20 Apl 2022.jpg

Damn foxtails. I get the feeling she's throwing them because she's getting ready to throw some last ditch nanners.
Doug's Varin 20 Apl 2022 1.jpg

Doug's Varin 20 Apl 2022 Pistils.jpg

Doug's Varin 20 Apl 2022 Pistils 1.jpg

Doug's Varin 20 Apl 2022 Trichs.jpg

These trichs are more representative of what most of the plant looks like.
Doug's Varin 20 Apl 2022 Trichs 1.jpg

Mostly cloudy with weird stands of clear and others of amber.
This plant has taken me on quite the ride.

It was a pleasure watching this grow. Will you be having her tested? It will be interesting to see how much THCV each of the DVs ends up with.

Wooo-hooo chop time ...awesome looking plant....can't wait to see the dried and cured product... Great job
Thanks! I'm really looking forward to seeing how she vapes, and I might even dust off my bong!
Happy 420 Melville and congrats on the upcoming harvest!
Thanks, and happy (belated) 420 to you!
Omg you’re nearly there!

I’m going to miss this journal, Mel.

You’ve done a fantastic job chronicling her.

Omg! Is chronicling even a thing?

Lollll
Thanks Tra!
I'm probably going to start doing daily updates on my summer journal as soon as she's harvested, but I won't commit to it in case I need a break.
It was a pleasure watching this grow. Will you be having her tested? It will be interesting to see how much THCV each of the DVs ends up with.
Thank you! And yes, I'm going to send a sample to a lab for a full cannabinoid profile. It'll cost 60 bucks, which seems pretty reasonable. I won't be closing this journal until I get the results back. I'm going to post once a week during drying to make sure it stays open.
Maybe we can take up a collection from all the interested parties. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Lol!

Congrats Mel, great job you have some fat colas
Thanks G!

The deed is done. I'll be posting some pics in a bit. The girls from the other journal are getting some sun in the window before going into the tent, and I'd like to keep to one import session a day, lol.

Day 144
Flower 71
Flip 81
So first, I have to say I didn't take that many pics because my fingers were too sticky. I also didn't take a pic of the buds all in a pile, because I didn't think of it. As I chopped and trimmed them I took them to the drying rack.
All in all, if I hadn't known I was chopping a Doug's Varin, I would have thought she was a Grandaddy Purple. As I harvested her a sweet grapey scent was dominant, and her buds were a lot denser than I expected.
Here's a shot from below one of the main colas.
Doug's Varin 21 Apl 2022 Harvest Day.jpg

All the others came out shaky and out of focus, lol. I left anything with trichomes on there, although I will be dry trimming one or two of the mains for vaping (and maybe the bong).
I am having trouble forming complete sentences right now, maybe I had a bit too much to vape while harvesting.
Doug's Varin 21 Apl 2022 Aftermath.jpg

Congrats on the takedown, Mel!

You finally got to scratch that itch you were having! :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom