Are you getting any issues due to the low humidity in the tent?

I :love: Jack Herer. @Virgin Ground loves the Skywalker OG, I think and I know nothing about the Jack the Ripper but I'm assuming it's Jack Herer crossed with something else?

I'm disappointed with the Amnesia auto I grew. I haven't had a decent high from it yet.

The Amnesia bred by The Plant has the terpene profile that works best for me and it's a cross of Jack Herer and Cinderella '99. I know Jack Herer works for me and I'm planning on growing C99 this summer so if it works for me then I can only assume the strain bred by The Plant would work for me.

I have White Widow seeds, too and was thinking about growing them next winter.
Jack the Ripper was bred by Subcool from Jack's Cleaner, and a Space Queen male (nicnamed Space Dude).
There's a neat little story about it, including that although he was trying to make a reg seed version of Jack's Cleaner by breeding it with Space Dude, he liked JtR better!
It's supposed to have high THCV phenos (up to 7%) but from what I've read they're really rare, or at least the tested plants didn't have much. I loved the description of the terp profile, and the chance of a THCV strain was something I was and still am interested in. It's getting hard to find though, now that Sub has passed.

I'm not having any issues with the humidity, other than when I screwed up early in the grow. I figure the leaves went straight from looking fine, to crispy critters from the combination of the light being on the edge of too close and the low rh.

I haven't tried Jack Herer yet, but I got the seeds a while back as freebies, and I did want to try them out, but plant counts, and other tempting strains pushed them back a bit. I'm definitely growing it next run though.

My Amnesia was straight Ammy not a Haze and a photo not an auto. Killer smoke.

I have some seeds I'm sitting on now with Black Domina in its genes and skunk...

I'd do the Amnesia Black Domina mix...if it was me lol
I tried finding straight original Amnesia, and I never did find one that was certain. It used to be clone only, from what I hear. I did read somewhere that seeds are available now.
I do like the terp profile of the original that a friend of mine grew a couple of years ago. He had a clone of a clone of a clone, from a friend of a friend of...
You get the picture, lol.

I'll take another look in a year or two when I've worked through some of my collection, lol.
No sense having them sit in my fridge for 5 years while I try to get through the older seeds before they get beyond poppable age.

I tried finding straight original Amnesia, and I never did find one that was certain. It used to be clone only, from what I hear. I did read somewhere that seeds are available now.

I have 2 left of her I think.. i49seeds, think it's still available
I do like the terp profile of the original that a friend of mine grew a couple of years ago. He had a clone of a clone of a clone, from a friend of a friend of...
You get the picture, lol.

Lol I got you
I'll take another look in a year or two when I've worked through some of my collection, lol.
No sense having them sit in my fridge for 5 years while I try to get through the older seeds before they get beyond poppable age.
Man, I saw someone on here who found seeds stored in a vinyl for over 20 years and those babies popped!

I have 2 left of her I think.. i49seeds, think it's still available

Lol I got you

Man, I saw someone on here who found seeds stored in a vinyl for over 20 years and those babies popped!
i49, gotcha! Thanks for the lead!

The Amnesia bred by The Plant has the terpene profile that works best for me and it's a cross of Jack Herer and Cinderella '99. I know Jack Herer works for me and I'm planning on growing C99 this summer so if it works for me then I can only assume the strain bred by The Plant would work for me.
I looked it up, and I think what happened is someone tried to reproduce their version of Amnesia, but added Skunk #1 for some reason of their own. Since both JH and C99 have Shiva Skunk in their lineages (according to what I just read) that led to too high of a % of it in that strain, so i reacted badly.
I may try that version if I can't get the original in the future.
I have about 6 or 7 years worth of seeds, assuming I grow 5 a year. Maybe I can arrange it so I can get 2 crops of autos a year, and shorten that time frame a bit, lol.
I have White Widow seeds, too and was thinking about growing them next winter.
I grew that indoors a while back, and it did really well despite cooler temps, and low humidity. It's a good winter grow.

Good morning Mel :)

I train with rock weights with my Carhooks as well.

I’ll get you some video when I get up :)
Thanks for the video!
You should do more of them!

Not much to say here, she's moving along nicely. I've had to rearrange some of her leaves. They were running into each other, serrations catching on each other, folding over. There are more leaves turning yellow now in the darkness under her canopy. I'll see if I can get a pic under there later.
Doug's Varin 22 Jan 2022.jpg

Doug's Varin 22 Jan 2022 1.jpg

I have about 6 or 7 years worth of seeds, assuming I grow 5 a year. Maybe I can arrange it so I can get 2 crops of autos a year, and shorten that time frame a bit, lol.

You need to get a medical licence. My licence says I can grow 25 plants indoors. ;)

I currently have 179 seeds for the strains I want to grow and 330 seeds for strains I have no interest in. Note: 90 of the unwanted seeds are Freedom Dream and 200 seeds are Finola Hemp.

I grew that indoors a while back, and it did really well despite cooler temps, and low humidity. It's a good winter grow.

Thank you for this. I wasn't sure it would do well in the winter.

You need to get a medical licence. My licence says I can grow 25 plants indoors. ;)
I considered it. But with 4 plants at a time I have been able to grow enough for myself, my sister, and to give some to my friends, and take to parties.
I have limited space indoors, and even outdoors gets crowded, with the number of hot pepper plants I grow, and the size these girls can get out there, even just in 7 gallon pots. I have discussed it with my doctor though. She has no objections, and if I do decide to go that route she's willing to write me a script.
I currently have 179 seeds for the strains I want to grow and 330 seeds for strains I have no interest in. Note: 90 of the unwanted seeds are Freedom Dream and 200 seeds are Finola Hemp.
I have a huge amount of seeds from outdoor plants that got pollinated, lol. So far, judging from the weed those seeds have grown, they've been from nearby rec/med growers who stuck their males outdoors. Still, it's pretty irritating.
Thank you for this. I wasn't sure it would do well in the winter.
It did for me, same tent as I'm using now, only I wasn't using a heat mat in the dark period, so it could get pretty chilly in there. The humidity in the house rarely gets above 38-40% in the winter, and we use a dehumidifier that keeps it to 40-45% for the rest of the year. I've never had any problems with my plants at those levels. I take humidity domes off the seedlings as soon as they're standing up, so they adapt to it pretty quickly.

I have limited space indoors, and even outdoors gets crowded, with the number of hot pepper plants I grow, and the size these girls can get out there, even just in 7 gallon pots. I have discussed it with my doctor though. She has no objections, and if I do decide to go that route she's willing to write me a script.

You're lucky. My doctor wouldn't have anything to do with it so I have to do mine through a service that charges me $80 every year.

You're lucky. My doctor wouldn't have anything to do with it so I have to do mine through a service that charges me $80 every year.
That sucks. Some doctors still have a bias against it, and I even heard a doctor at the gym a few years back telling one of the other guys there that it causes "cannabis psychosis". They're on their way out though. The number and quality of studies showing clinical evidence of the efficacy of cannabis for some conditions go up every year, and at the same time they provide evidence against many of the supposed negative side effects.

It occurred to me, I haven't given any updates on the crosses, Krishna and Paddy.

Krishna is short and stubby. She never did stretch at all. She's putting on frost quickly, while turning all her leaves yellow, then brown. I'm pretty sure it's due to ph, as she doesn't have enough medium to buffer her roots at all. The most interesting thing is the underside of her leaves are a bright pink. The father strain must have had some purple genetics, and the sugar leaves are starting to turn a little now. The trichomes seem to have a tiny bit of a blue tint to them. She smells a little spicy, and very herbal. This is interesting, as her mother smelled like lemony bleach.

Paddy is the exact opposite. She stretched to a rather remarkable degree, and only has a little frost. Her pistils are turning orange/brown right now, and her leaves are going the same route as Krishna's only they don't have the pink undersides, or the slight purple tones to the sugar leaves. She smells like strawberries, like her mother did at the same stage of flower.

They both get fed 1.25g/L of MC, but due to the small amount of soil, they need to be watered at least once a day, or they start to droop. I feel bad for them, as they really did deserve to be grown properly. I think that's why I don't really want to show pics of them.
Neither is going to produce much, which isn't surprising, but I am interested how the bud will turn out. It really looks like the seeds are worth growing out, which means my seed collection is a couple hundred seeds larger than I thought, and has some crosses of Blue Dream, Blue Widow, SLH, and an Amnesia fast, as well as the Bruce Banner and Hindu Kush. The collection is growing too, as I pick seeds out before I vape, or make oil with the bud.

Subbed and can't wait for the smoke report from the DV. Have you smoked Durban Poison? (Sorry if that has been answered already). It seems like DV was only a myth and I was holding off buying seeds until I got a smoke report. Thank you for your journal.

If you're interested in Doug's Varin, @InTheShed and @Virgin Ground are doing a sponsored grow journal also showcasing the strain. Here's the link:

VG & InTheShed Are Darin' To Grow Varin From Weed Seeds Express

Subbed and can't wait for the smoke report from the DV. Have you smoked Durban Poison? (Sorry if that has been answered already). It seems like DV was only a myth and I was holding off buying seeds until I got a smoke report. Thank you for your journal.
Welcome aboard!

No, I haven't. DP is on my list of strains to try now though. When I got back into cannabis I mostly focused on indica strains, mostly because I really don't like the heart pounding mind racing high some other people are into, and that seemed to be the usual description of DP.
DV did really seem like a unicorn for a while. With the journals on here, we should see in a couple of months what we've got here. I'll be flipping to flower on the 31st, and Shed and VG are going to any day now. Should be fun.

Here we go, day...something?
I forgot, and I'm not motivated enough to go back and count this morning.
Sorry.
Here's pics!
Doug's Varin 23 Jan 2022.jpg

Doug's Varin 23 Jan 2022 1.jpg

If there's anything you want to know, just ask.

Welcome aboard!

No, I haven't. DP is on my list of strains to try now though. When I got back into cannabis I mostly focused on indica strains, mostly because I really don't like the heart pounding mind racing high some other people are into, and that seemed to be the usual description of DP.
DV did really seem like a unicorn for a while. With the journals on here, we should see in a couple of months what we've got here. I'll be flipping to flower on the 31st, and Shed and VG are going to any day now. Should be fun.
I have grown Durban Poison regularly. It is "speed weed" the general effects are stimulation, talkativeness, lack of appetite and a touch of hilarity. I like it because I get paralyzed and "Oh man, I can't move, pass me a Twinkie" stoned on Indica just before nodding off. One down side of Durban is that it will wear off much sooner due to the THCV, but another few hits fixes that. The best information I can come up with is that Durban has approximately 1% THCV and DV has up to 5% THCV......YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom