Morda Grows Blacken Blueberry Rose With The ZE250 Sponsored By ParfactWorks

Maybe I should do a soil test for PH and see if might be a lock out issue. I don't have a meter, best I can do in the cheap test kit with distilled water. I know I need a meter, they are not cheap for one that works, it has to wait.

Hi it's me again. Still nothing on what's going on huh Morda? Any new developments? How was taking the lady to work this morning, chilly?
Still trying to figure it out... Yeah it was cold... got snow falling now too. lol

Not for us, it is lake effect snow, no accumulation expected. Just enough to make it slick when I take puppy, errr when Puppy takes me for a walk. :rofl:

Maybe I should do a soil test for PH and see if might be a lock out issue. I don't have a meter, best I can do in the cheap test kit with distilled water. I know I need a meter, they are not cheap for one that works, it has to wait.
You pH your water right? You can use that pH meter and make a "sludge of soil" and measure soil PH. Fill a small glass jar 2/3 to 3/4 full of soil, add your water to the top of the soil level. Don't stir, just leave it alone 10 minutes. Then stick the probe in and let the pH numbers settle. It will get you in the ballpark, whether too acid or basic - soil pH is not an "exact" thing. That is what I use on my "home-mix" peat/perlite soilless mix. Just make sure to wash the probe off good afterward.

pH paper will work if you do not have a meter.

More on this technique in my first intro post at this website called: "Soil for Thought".

Not for us, it is lake effect snow, no accumulation expected. Just enough to make it slick when I take puppy, errr when Puppy takes me for a walk. :rofl:
:rofl::love:

Even the cheap pen-type $20 pH meters work just fine. I use one all the time. I have an expensive one too, I just don't use it that much. Don't need to - if the cheap one breaks, and one did this summer, dropped it on asphalt - I throw it away and get another one. I use the expensive one in the meantime.

The expense of having any priced pH meter is not in the meter (unless you are a high-priced chemist working on very pH sensitive experiments where 0.001 pH units, precision and accuracy is key). The expense of having any pH meter is in the calibration standards. I get liquid standards for pH meter calibration - heck with the powder and mix variety - too much hassle. Calibration standards are costly if you need to calibrate a lot. I do it about once a month. I never find major pH meter "drift". Just 0.1 or 0.2 pH units, here or there, with the pen-type meter.

You need one of those free water tests you order online - they send you the sample cup free - you fill it - send it back free postage - they email you the results (pelican water systems in Florida will do it). I have spring water - it changes pH sometimes a little with the season and amount of rainfall. Well water is pretty "fixed" in pH though and should not change appreciably season to season or based on rainfall, unless it is a very shallow well. Therefore, once you get a test you should know fairly exactly the pH of your well water.

pH paper sucks - unless you are very good at color differentiation.

Been there, done that - lived in Cleveland, OH for 3-1/2 years. That's why I live in the South. Lake effect snow sucks - it can drop three-feet lakeside overnight and you drive 25 miles south - hardly any snow. Gimme my Green Acres, baby!

That's early!
It is never too early to have on "snow-boots" and step in a "slush" puddle and the darn water comes in over your boots and drizzles down into your socks and feet. NEVER TOO EARLY FOR THAT - "Green Acres is the place to be..."

Sorry to miss all the "fun" this weekend! It's always hard to diagnose leaves when dealing with home made untested soil and nutes missing major micronutes we feed our cannabis every day. In store-bought quality soil and cannabis nutes you would never see P or K deficiencies until flower, if ever.

Not to mention the cold beyond the covers:

"once the air cools to below 18ºC the plant's metabolism" (that's 64ºF)
and
"low temperatures will detrimentally affect the root system and the uptake of nutrients, particularly in the case of magnesium. This micro-nutrient is vital for the proper development of the cannabis plant and if the substrate is colder than 18ºC then this element is most likely not being absorbed by the plant."

If you haven't slurry tested your soil mix, besides raising the house temp I would start there. It requires distilled water to work, and this is how to do it (with a meter anyway):

• Take samples from a few different places where there are roots (dig down a bit rather than just use the top - I often stick a spoon down the outside edge of the pot to grab some from there as well)

• Add an equivalent amount of distilled water as grams of soil (10 grams of soil, add 10ml water). If that doesn't make a slurry, use enough distilled water to make a stirrable-but-thick slurry.

• Stir it up, wait 15 minutes, stir again. Do that for at least an hour (longer is better), and then put your calibrated pH stick in the water. That's the pH of your medium.

For soil you should be in the mid to high 6s. Above 7 or under 6 and that will definitely affect how the plant is taking up nutes.

I have Winblows 9
:eek: If you have Windows 9, that's the source of your computer issues...Microsoft went from 8 to 10, skipping 9 completely!

I'm sorry I have to do this but this journal is done. Life has gone sideways and will be out for a while. I can not go into details, all I can say is that it is personal and not health. You all have wonderful and help full. There may be time time I return but for I must tend to life's curve balls.

I'm sorry I have to do this but this journal is done. Life has gone sideways and will be out for a while. I can not go into details, all I can say is that it is personal and not health. You all have wonderful and help full. There may be time time I return but for I must tend to life's curve balls.
Morda,

Sending good vibes, prayers, love and much good juju. Hope that everything works out. I'm sorry to hear this. Makes me sad. We will be thinking of you

K

Oh no @Morda Grown , I'm so sorry.
Hope everything works out OK for you.
We will be here waiting for your return my friend. :love:

Stay safe
Bill

Hope all is well for you, we look forward to your return!

Happens to everyone Morda , hope everything works out for you , your good people

Thanks everyone. My SO and I are splitting up and I'm going to have to sell the house. I bid in on a new place just yesterday and things are moving forward. I will be back, I will just be Very busy getting my life in order. It is not on a lake but, has 7 acres of woods and a big area for green houses. :D Yes more than just one. One good thing is it is all old farm land and much better ground for growing than I have now.

Peace everyone, "I'll Be Bock!"

Thanks everyone. My SO and I are splitting up and I'm going to have to sell the house. I bid in on a new place just yesterday and things are moving forward. I will be back, I will just be Very busy getting my life in order. It is not on a lake but, has 7 acres of woods and a big area for green houses. :D Yes more than just one. One good thing is it is all old farm land and much better ground for growing than I have now.

Peace everyone, "I'll Be Bock!"
I'm sorry about that my friend.
I hope everything works out OK for you. :green_heart:

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom