Me & The Mars Hydro SP-3000: It's The Cherry On Top

Hi Buds congrats on the new seedlings. Here's my germination process.

I use EZ-Gro plugs (like rapid rooters but not pre-moistened). I soak the plug for about an hour in a mild CloneX solution pH'ed to around 6. Then I stick the seed about 1/2 inch into the cube and tear off a corner to cover the hole. I put the plug in a humidity dome with a little bit of water in the bottom of the tray, but not enough so that the plug is sitting in water. With a heat mat set to 74f and the dome and vents closed, the humidity stays in the 90s. I leave it in the dark for the first 48 hours, then set the light far away and programmed for 20/4 (4am-Midnight). I usually get a sprout by day 3 or 4. No soaking or paper towels.

I use a “machine” (3 or more moving parts)… I made one of these after trying to germinate non viable seeds due to old age or storage. It’s a fancy paper towel with repeatability no matter what, who, where or when… Fish tank heater, plastic tub, sponges and plain water.
DABB1C37-033C-4DD4-9BE8-8A5573D1CD06.jpeg

People always wanting to touch stuff…
2A895C68-3A3D-44B3-9FA8-3178A038162C.jpeg

Temp probe in the floating plastic with the sponge’s to get real temperature. You want the sponges wet not dripping!
954670F2-C2C4-4D32-9024-D2C6B6EF2F03.jpeg

These are 6 or 7 year old ssdd seeds 24 hours
6717D479-D915-4AFF-AB6C-C178E4E03F95.jpeg

The seeds I’m growing now are from 20 plus years old to 6 or 7 being the new ones most with half ass storage by your’s truly!

I use a “machine” (3 or more moving parts)… I made one of these after trying to germinate non viable seeds due to old age or storage. It’s a fancy paper towel with repeatability no matter what, who, where or when… Fish tank heater, plastic tub, sponges and plain water.
DABB1C37-033C-4DD4-9BE8-8A5573D1CD06.jpeg

People always wanting to touch stuff…
2A895C68-3A3D-44B3-9FA8-3178A038162C.jpeg

Temp probe in the floating plastic with the sponge’s to get real temperature. You want the sponges wet not dripping!
954670F2-C2C4-4D32-9024-D2C6B6EF2F03.jpeg

These are 6 or 7 year old ssdd seeds 24 hours
6717D479-D915-4AFF-AB6C-C178E4E03F95.jpeg

The seeds I’m growing now are from 20 plus years old to 6 or 7 being the new ones most with half ass storage by your’s truly!
Too Cool ! First time I've ever seen this method. Thanks !

Just a couple of pics of the gals at 3 days old. 3 stretched a bit (must be males.... lol) & 3 stayed short. Joking about the 3 males. Way too early to tell.
16-46   5-16-22.JPG
16-47   5-16-22.JPG

I've decided not to go the SoHum Super Soil route. I'm doing 2 other grows & feeding a few different ways in them. I'm liking the way my plants look & grow using Mega Crop, Silica & Cal-Mag according to the feeding instructions on the bottles & bag. Haven't had any real problems & I'm quite pleased with the results so far, so I think this is the way to go for this journal.

Well so far I'm really lovin' :love: this Mars Hydro SP3000 ! It has that spectrum that looks close to HPS with more of a reddish hue to it that I prefer over the brighter white lights. I'm in the process of switching all my lights back to Mars Hydro little by little. I'm not rich so can't afford to do it al at once like I'd like to. I've tried at least a dozen.... probably closer to 20, different lights over the past 5 years & so far I've been the most pleased with the results I get using Mars lights. So I've decided that I'm using Mars from here on out for that reason. I'm a big fan of the TS series lights; but after trying this SP3000 I may have a new favorite. I'll know whether I'm buying another TSL2000 or a SP3000 once this grow is over.
Anyways.........., on with the grow !
So when I first start my plants I like to use one of these little plastic shot glasses for watering. I'm sure we've all seen too many times growers over watering & killing their plants. I'm guilty of that too. So to prevent this I use a shot glass to water at first. Just 1 - 2 of these little shot glasses every 2-3 days has worked great for me. I haven't over watered once since I started doing it this way.
16-52   5-19-22.JPG

Once my plants get 2 full sets of leaves I move up a notch & use this little Tupperware fruit cup to water. Just one of these about every 2 days works well for me. I imagine if your tent is a little warmer you might have to give a little more. My tent is currently running at around 80F. The RH is really low, so I'm picking up a small humidifier this weekend. Here is the cup I use.
16-51   5-19-22.JPG

Once I see the 3rd set of leaves start to form I start feeding nutes. I start with just 2 gr. per gal. MC with nothing added. Just 2 feedings & then up to 2.5 gr. 2 feedings & up to 3 gr. 2 feedings & up to 3.5 gr.
After that it just depends on leaf color as to when I up the nutes. But at first I like to ramp things up pretty quickly.
I use to up the nutes much slower. But Shed got me doing it this way & it works pretty darn good so I'll stick with it.

So here's how these little ladies look after just 6 days basking under the SP3000. They seem to be loving it!
16-48   5-19-22.JPG
16-49   5-19-22.JPG
16-50   5-19-22.JPG

You just need to try FC one now I must admit I got the tws2000 amazing light n got fc3000 still in box but journey will happen in few weeks been a year I ain't done nothing for due to problems

You just need to try FC one now I must admit I got the tws2000 amazing light n got fc3000 still in box but journey will happen in few weeks been a year I ain't done nothing for due to problems
I had the FC-E3000. It's great for multiple plants & an even canopy. But I prefer 1 light per plant for the most part.
With the TSL2000 & SP3000 I think 2 plants per light would be perfect.
Damn, a year ? Hope you had a huge stock pile.

I had the FC-E3000. It's great for multiple plants & an even canopy. But I prefer 1 light per plant for the most part.
With the TSL2000 & SP3000 I think 2 plants per light would be perfect.
Damn, a year ? Hope you had a huge stock pile.
Oh OK you've tried most then haha I haven't used that one yet but I think mars lights really do kick and no I didn't I only had few oz bin buying street stuff

Oh OK you've tried most then haha I haven't used that one yet but I think mars lights really do kick and no I didn't I only had few oz bin buying street stuff
Yeah, I've had to go to the dispensary for the last month. Thought one of my grows would have finished by now; but it's taking longer than anticipated. The one I go to has 1/8th's of popcorn bud for $10. The Wedding Cake is really good. Package says 25.5 % THC.

Yeah, I've had to go to the dispensary for the last month. Thought one of my grows would have finished by now; but it's taking longer than anticipated. The one I go to has 1/8th's of popcorn bud for $10. The Wedding Cake is really good. Package says 25.5 % THC.
Yeah we don't have dispenserys here would be amazing to be able to go to a shop and buy I'm paying £170 for a oz of stardawg that's all is about and that's about a week between 2 of us got some beans ready to drop just got to wait till end of the month but my aim is to get your sort of weights on a harvest

Yeah we don't have dispenserys here would be amazing to be able to go to a shop and buy I'm paying £170 for a oz of stardawg that's all is about and that's about a week between 2 of us got some beans ready to drop just got to wait till end of the month but my aim is to get your sort of weights on a harvest
I'm still shooting for that 10-12 oz. Every time. Usually only get 5-6 per plant. Once in awhile I get lucky & get 8.

hehe, I wouldn't exactly call it luck Buds! :bongrip:
Yeah, could have been the strain, the grow method or just about anything. I have to admit I'm learning a few things by comparing the grows & trying different things. I'm debating on trying something else this grow. It seems to me the plants grow faster only Topping once. I usually Top at the 4th & remove the bottom 2 nodes. Then Top the 4 remaining branches at the 3rd node. This last grow I only Topped once. I'm sure wondering what the difference in yield would be Topping one plant each way. 8 main branches vs. 4 ?

I normally only get 2 to 3 of each plant I get about 9 of 4 plants that's why I aim for your yields 5 would be perfect for me of each one will try your method on my next one for sure

Nice set up @Buds Buddy Iv been thinking about this bar for a 2x4.

Everything looks good tho bro. Sorry for the late join. Thanks for tag! I’m in :popcorn:

The mars krew unite. Lol. #marsgrowgroup420.
I'm really liking the light so far. It seems perfect for the 2x4 tent. The plants seem to like it too ! I had the seedlings on a table with the light at 60% to start at about 18". I felt they needed more space so I put the table top on a 5 gal. bucket to sit the plants on. I'm probably 26" - 28" above the plants on 75% now. I am debating removing the driver & putting it outside the tent. Temps aren't too bad though. High has only been 84F lights on.

I'm really liking the light so far. It seems perfect for the 2x4 tent. The plants seem to like it too ! I had the seedlings on a table with the light at 60% to start at about 18". I felt they needed more space so I put the table top on a 5 gal. bucket to sit the plants on. I'm probably 26" - 28" above the plants on 75% now. I am debating removing the driver & putting it outside the tent. Temps aren't too bad though. High has only been 84F lights on.
Bro. I just forgot I can do that. You just hella helped me for summer. Haha.

But I’ll be watching closely to see the how your ladies progress under that bar in that size. I’m using multiple boards for even spread in my 2x4.

Or even using 2 of those on each side of my ts2k in the 4x4. That would be some soild light coverage. Running at 40-50%. Drivers outside the tent.

Today we are at 8 day old seedlings. They have all developed 2 sets of leaves so they got their 1st feeding of MC today.
I'm feeding them at 2 gr. per gal. of MC only. Each one gets about 4 oz.
The light seems to be kicking some butt. I think the plants are moving along quickly for only 8 days old. So far-So good !
16-53   5-21-22.JPG
16-54   5-21-22.JPG
16-55   5-21-22.JPG
16-56   5-21-22.JPG
16-57   5-21-22.JPG

Today we are at 8 day old seedlings. They have all developed 2 sets of leaves so they got their 1st feeding of MC today.
I'm feeding them at 2 gr. per gal. of MC only. Each one gets about 4 oz.
The light seems to be kicking some butt. I think the plants are moving along quickly for only 8 days old. So far-So good !
16-53   5-21-22.JPG
16-54   5-21-22.JPG
16-55   5-21-22.JPG
16-56   5-21-22.JPG
16-57   5-21-22.JPG
I just bought clear solos and red off brand. Red offbrand are 16oz. Solo is 18oz. Is that what happened to you? Or did you do that intentionally? Cause I’m doing the same thing. Haha

Back
Top Bottom