MrMysfyt's 2nd - Budmaster II 1200 GOD LED Colored - Soil - 5'x5' Tent Journal - 2015

Re: MrMysfyt's 2nd - Budmaster II 1200 GOD LED Colored - Soil - 5'x5' Tent Journal -

Hi MM. For what it's worth I agree with LA and would leave them veg until you get back from your break. At least that way you get to have total control over the flowering process.

Thanks MF and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your road trip after our last conversation? Another four months of vegging and the whole tent would probably be full, but I am certainly tempted. Either way, vegging or flowering, I am still at the mercy of my father remembering to water them and him remembering not to alert the neighbours while he's doing it :)

Re: MrMysfyt's 2nd - Budmaster II 1200 GOD LED Colored - Soil - 5'x5' Tent Journal -

June 1st and it's still feckin' cold ooop North! Anyway, I've just tied the four arms on each plant down to the sides of the pot and will be letting them do their own thing over the next three weeks in an attempt to get maximum vegetative growth before deciding whether to flower or vegetate even longer:

P1000616_Large_.JPG

Can't seem to get my growing mojo back properly for this grow, knowing it is not going as intended :-/

You and the plants will pull around my friend. Your upcoming break will see you come back with vengeance.

Thanks MF, it's not the same knowing you won't be there throughout the grow or are having to unintentionally cut it short. Hopefully the next few weeks will see things improve and a final decision can be made :)

Just out of interest and looking at the last picture (bottom-left plant), there are a couple of the arms on this one plant that are outgrowing the other two by quite some margin.... is there an easy way to slow down the fast growers to allow the others to catch up? Sorry if this is a newbie question...

LA has a system where if you pinch out some of the leaves on the grow tips it will slow down the growth on that arm.

Many thanks MF.... is it possible to have a brief description on how to do this please? :)

Growth is powered by light onto leaves so if we remove some of the leaves then growth will slow. You would be wise to remove some of the bigger leaves on the grow tip as these provide the biggest leaf area and therefore growth. Try not to remove the new growth if you take the bigger leaves as this will slow it right down to a halt pretty much. Just leave anything smaller than an inch square on the tip.

Yep simply put remove the first truly open leaves that sit near the growing tip! :) if that doesn't work simply part crush the internals of these offending branches on the stem just under the growing top! :)

Thanks very much L.A... much appreciated :)

What a difference a day makes!... The four ladies look much better this morning after all the twisted and tied down leaves have now righted themselves. Have given them their first feed of Hydrotops Solo this morning and feeling much better about the grow now :)

P10006175.JPG

I am currently planning to switch to 12/12 in around three weeks, which should give the plants enough time to flower before the holidays. Given this time scale, would it be worthwhile topping the four main stems again now or would it be better to just leave them to grow as they are?

Is there anything special that's needed during flowering of coloured strains, apart from dropping the night-time temperatures, to bring out the different hues?

All four ladies have been left to their own devices for the past week and are all now growing rapidly again. Still two weeks until I need to decide whether to flip or carry on vegging:

P1000621_Large_.JPG

Back
Top Bottom