MrMysfyt's 2nd - Budmaster II 1200 GOD LED Colored - Soil - 5'x5' Tent Journal - 2015

Best way to roll my friend! I dont ever have a set plan of attack until I know the strain or individual plant a bit. Most of the time I just wing it and see what happens! :)

Very wise L.A.... one thing I hadn't anticipated with this grow and vegging for long periods before topping... the internodal spacing on the main stems are still very short, but the internodes on the side branches at the bottom become very long. I suppose this makes sense when you think about it as they are growing out reaching for light under the canopy above, but it makes for a much larger manifold :)

Yep thats just something you get your head around with time :)
To me we have plenty of little processes to work our girls over with, yet its the when to utilize them within the plants cycle that is the key. its all just finding and learning the symbiosis between your action and the plants reaction to this at differing times during its life. If you can dial in the timings to complement your plants natural progression you get the optimum results. Its just trial and error for the most part in the beginning :)

I don't think it will be too much of a problem with these strains. The leaves are absolutely huge, much larger than the last grow, so longer spacing between the main stems should be of benefit... I can't wait until I've also had the benefit of a few years' experience with growing MJ to help me along :)

No problem L.A... I had to put the record straight that my grow isn't fluxing, more like bodging :)

Best way to roll my friend! I dont ever have a set plan of attack until I know the strain or individual plant a bit. Most of the time I just wing it and see what happens! :)

Hey guys. Will be back soon but would like to throw out there that you 2 can 'bodge' or 'wing it' on my girls anytime :circle-of-love:

Hey guys. Will be back soon but would like to throw out there that you 2 can 'bodge' or 'wing it' on my girls anytime :circle-of-love:

Are you away on your driving holiday M.F.? If so, drive carefully (apart from on the autobahns) and have a fantastic time in each and every country you visit :)

Are you away on your driving holiday M.F.? If so, drive carefully (apart from on the autobahns) and have a fantastic time in each and every country you visit :)

You probably know it already but German drivers are speed freaks. They are good with it though I must say. I was doing 100mph in the slow lane and only catching up with lorries, coaches and old farts. Audi's, BMWs, Mercedes and Volkswagens were screaming past me doing I would reckon 120mph minimum.

One bit of advice for anyone reading this. If you go to Poland and you are coming out of Berlin, don't take the obvious route. Once the motorway goes into Poland it might as well have been made out of cobbles it's that bumpy. I've driven back alleys that were smoother lol.

The German lane discipline really is good, not like the middle lane hoggers over here and they make it a pleasure to drive on the autobahns at any speed. We drove flat out at around 140 mph for a while, but the concentration levels required make it exhausting and it's not too long before you end up settling back to more sedate speeds and enjoying the scenery again :)

Just wait until you get down near Auschwitz.... the approach roads are terrible and cross over lots of railway tracks - they will test your car's suspension to the full :)

Have the best of fun my friend :)

We stayed about an hour away from Auschwitz so I missed them roads as my approach was a good one but some Polish roads are in a bad way.

Did you find your experience there humbling? Whereabouts are you heading at the moment? I feel really excited for you remembering back to our driving holiday :)

It does feel humbling as it seems to bring the Holocaust to life. Seeing it on TV just makes it like trivia but this made it real. It started to make me come to terms with the numbers by judging it against crowds at footy matches I have been to.

Seeing where 6 woman would sleep in a space smaller than our bed at home and listening to the facts make it truly horrendous.

If you're anything like me, those thoughts and memories will stay with you for a long time, make you more appreciative of the little things and good life back home, whatever problems may be thrown your way :)

Especially when you consider that if you were not killed straight away, your life expectancy as a worker was about 3 months :(

Especially when you consider that if you were not killed straight away, your life expectancy as a worker was about 3 months :(

I only found out recently that my friend's father, who is now in his late 80s but still lives around 20 miles from here, was tasked with looking after the survivors at Belsen concentration camp after the liberation forces moved in and during his time in the army. I tried to talk to him about it after we all went out for a meal, but he is still very much haunted by what he saw. The one thing he did mention was the terrible stench of rotting bodies and how he has never been able to clear it from his mind after over 70 years.... like you say, a truly horrendous state of affairs :(

Re: MrMysfyt's 2nd - Budmaster II 1200 GOD LED Colored - Soil - 5'x5' Tent Journal -

Thanks for dropping by L.A. and sorry for not updating in a while.... real life has got in the way recently. The girls are doing well and I will try and update later this week, although I'm now beginning to think I went about this grow in the wrong way and I should be putting the girls into flower soon in order to get them finished before the holidays :)

Re: MrMysfyt's 2nd - Budmaster II 1200 GOD LED Colored - Soil - 5'x5' Tent Journal -

I went straight out and took a picture of the four girls who are now recovering well after their second topping a couple of weeks ago:

P1000615_Large_.JPG

I currently have around three weeks in which to decide whether to just let them veg and then throw into flower or whether to delay by another five or six weeks so I can go on holiday and trust my forgetful dad to be able to look after them in flowering. The second option doesn't really appeal to me so I would like to ask for advice about what to do with them over the next three weeks in order to maximise yield?

Keep em in veg and grow Monsters :) :) the penetration of our lamps is insane so good vert with stacked nodes and you'd kill it :)

Keep them in veg for how long though? I go away at the end of August and although I love my ol' man to bits, his memory and judgement are failing and I may come back to dead plants. Maybe I'm being a little unfair, but I don't really want to burden him with something else on top of looking after the outside garden and animals :) It's been just about the coldest May on record here and it's also costing a fortune to keep the tent at a reasonable temperature, with outside temperatures barely touching 12 degrees during the day and dropping to almost freezing at night :-/

Back
Top Bottom