MrMysfyt's 2nd - Budmaster II 1200 GOD LED Colored - Soil - 5'x5' Tent Journal - 2015

Hi MM, check out tropf blumats. They need to be dialed in before leaving but they seem like a great product for babysitting plants while away.

Thanks for the information about the watering system Doc, I've got a gardening dad who's prepared to help out while he looks after the animals, but don't know if he's up to the job so may be going along with your suggestion :)

Okay, here goes the first decent update for a while.... I don't really know what I'm doing here, apart from trying to get a well-established root mass before topping. I therefore left each plant until they were all a pretty substantial size before their first topping:

I previously mixed the identification of the plants up and the larger plants on the left are actually Blue Dream and the smaller plants on the right are Purple Trainwreck - that will teach me to look at the label sticks more carefully next time!

P1000610_Large_.JPG

Here's a closer look at the HSO Blue Dream before topping:

P1000611_Large_.JPG

.... and after its first topping above the third node with the arms held down with 9" tent pegs:

P1000612_Large_.JPG

Leaving the plants to veg for longer before topping has obviously led to longer internodal spacing, but this is just fine with the larger Rhizopots where it is beneficial to have the arms reaching round the edges. I also wanted to veg and flower these around a long holiday planned for later in the year. I am hoping the extra veg time before each topping, combined with the larger root mass, will also lead to larger buds... that's the plan anyway.

Here's a shot of all four plants topped above the third node and pinned down:

P1000613_Large_.JPG

I am still not using the Budmaster Orion-OD lights for vegging due to the cold British weather at the moment, particularly at night. The GOD light on low setting provides enough gentle heat to keep the tent comfortably at 22 degrees during lights-on. Therefore, I will be using the strip lights when things warm up a little and for extra side-lighting during flower :)

Looking awesome my friend, although my little heart cried out for your girls when I noticed your hard line with them lol. (Yep me thinking like that lol) :)
Ill be joining you in a couple of weeks now, soon ill be under my GOD lamp :) although I may run out of room fast lol.
Anyway best of buds my fellow GOD squad grower! :)

Thanks L.A... you've got me worried that I've been a little too brutal now :) Is my way of thinking correct though?

Hmm? I see your thinking behind it all, as roots is where its at for a good fat harvest. So with your extended timeline etc your not really losing anything by going like this. If you were trying to run a normal timeframe then I'd have said no lol and would have advised to top earlier and not lose out on the growth up top etc.
Yet bravo for trying something a little different! Its the only thing that moves us along :)

Thanks for chirping in.... normally, I would have topped earlier too, but looking for longer vegging and larger roots in the hope the buds will be larger. The main stems are already nearly as thick as the ones in my last grow before I put them into flower. I guess time will tell, but nothing ventured, nothing gained as they say :)

Nice update MM. Your plants look naked now :cheesygrinsmiley: I had to train mine around the edge of the pot.

I want to be in the GOD squad :angel:

Hey MF, if these end up half the plants you produced, I'll be more than happy :) How's the holiday planning going?

Thank you for the kind words, I'm sure LA will guide you to the best you can get.

The planning was done months ago, it's just sorting outside in the garden now to get seedlings into the ground and out of the greenhouse to stop them being scorched. I have flower, vegetable and fruit plants numbering more than 1000. There should only be 10 trays left in the greenhouse for someone to water for me. Other than that it's just a waiting game now.

Wowoweewaa sounds like your garden's a beauty! Bet you can't wait to see the fruits of your labour later this year with all those flowers, fruits and vegetables. I hope you have just as much success outside as in :) This is now my favourite time in the garden as everything springs into bloom after winter and we too now have all the vegetables and bedding plants growing nicely in the greenhouse and raised beds. Very happy growing to you my friend, let's hope this year produces some bumper crops :)

I agree about the best time of the year as it's pleasant weather and it keeps me busy and productive.

I've been busy the last few months amending my fruit and veg beds to be organic. I had never used anything on them bar some tomato feed once but I wanted a good soil. Wow my rhubarb has gone super mad. I've had 2 harvests off them already and my Wife makes a wicked rhubarb crumble :drool:

I have already got some established shrub beds but never seem to have enough flowers. I do give away a lot of flowers and plants to friends and family. I just need more rain now to fill the water butts.

We should swap location for a few days, it's done nothing but rain here for the past week... I'm itching to get outside, but it's still freezing oooop North, with a -3 frost forecast for tonight... brrrrr :)

Do you get bilberries down there? Without fail we go onto the moors picking every August and my ol' ma makes wicked pies with them as a reward :)

Wow I had a small session of rain yesterday but nothing but sun and cloud for weeks now, mainly sun. I can send you some photos of a clear blue sky if that helps you get through it :cheesygrinsmiley:

Lol..... that's just taking the Mick! :)

I'm feeling in a good mood :cheesygrinsmiley: The sun is out and I'm about to go into the garden to do some potting up.

Sorry MM. You are always welcome to come down my friend. My home has an open door but you must bring some rain with you :cheesygrinsmiley:

Have fun in the garden MF... will take you up on that kind offer one day :)

I missed this bit. What are bilberries? I've never even heard the name before.

They have a few different names around the world and in the UK, but particularly blaeberry, whortleberry, whinberry, winberry, windberry, wimberry, myrtle blueberry and fraughan ... they look like smaller versions of blueberries, but taste 1000x better. If we get another bumper crop this year, I'll see about sending you some.... you're in for a treat if you've never tried 'em :) They are almost impossible to grow in the garden and you need to hunt down very acidic soil conditions, usually on higher moorland :)

Back
Top Bottom