Munki's Ebb n Flow 3 x 3 SCROG 400W HPS Grow

congrats dude WTG

Hey, thanks so much everyone for the congratulations. I greatly appreciate the support you all have given.

I won't know weights or anything probably until the weekend. Some rain last night and today, but expect warm and dry for the rest of the week so the buds should be ready for the jars then. I will get a weight, report the results, and maybe submit a "Nug of the Month".

The UV light was never going to get me more weight. If anything, it would reduce the bud size a bit but the goal was to convert as much of the cannabinoids to THC as I could. It will be difficult to give a definite conclusion from my grow but I do feel the UV is worth it especially if the point of the grow was for hash making. Mmmmmm, hash!

Congrats on the plants, journal and plant of the month contest, you deserved it for sure. Good luck with the next...

great finish Munki, congrats

and thanks for doing this journal, helped me get set up and decide when to flower.
reps if I can:goodjob:

Congratz on everything bro.. She was a beauty!!

I wish I could smoke 1 with ya:smokin: but I'll have my own in due time..lol

Much Love from the Glove

great finish Munki, congrats

and thanks for doing this journal, helped me get set up and decide when to flower.
reps if I can:goodjob:

Thanks Mmmmmick. That is one of my big hopes when I did the journal. I wanted people to be able to use it as a reference on what to do (or not to do). Timing the flip to 12/12 is one of the big decisions in ScrOG. Keep us updated on the results of your decision.

Congratz on everything bro.. She was a beauty!!

I wish I could smoke 1 with ya:smokin: but I'll have my own in due time..lol

Much Love from the Glove

Thanks MI-grower. I'll pass it to ya virtually. :passitleft:

Great journal, I just read it all and am really impressed with the skill you have shown!!

Wow. Thank you for taking the time to read it all and the compliment. Long threads like this one are best digested over a few sittings!

OK. Got an update. The buds dried out maybe a bit too fast but there isn't any mold. Stems would crack at 4 days (yesterday) and today stems would crack at 45 degree angle and practically would break off at 90 degree bend. We are having warm days presently so I decided that they are dry enough to go into jars.

I also have some weights and energy usage totals.

The total electricity usage except for use of fans during the drying period was 1260 KWH. Electrical costs vary by region and our area is veryu complicated with many tiers and differing costs per KWH in each tier.

From this site, Electricity Rate Comparison by State, I can estimate that my cost per KWH was 13.37 cents per KWH so total estimated energy cost comes out to $168.60.

So, what did I get for my $168.60? Here are the weight totals for each plant and the loose buds I had drying on the floor. I removed the large stems, so this is bud weight and I doubt it will drop much if any.

Plant 1 - 116.075 grams
Plant 2 - 101.661 grams
Loose Bud - 6.980 grams

Grand Total - 224.72 grams

So, in terms of energy cost alone, this crop cost 75 cents per gram. There are other costs still to add like the RO water and nutrients. Also, I am ignoring the purchase cost of equipment as it can be reused.

Now, some pics. The first set of trimmed buds are plant 1 with 4 pics (plant on left when it was growing) while the second set go to plant 2 and has 3 pics. I also show the milligram scale I have (it is pretty nice) and all the bud loosely placed in jars. Looks like a lot of bud to me ... oh yeah, cause it is! :yummy: :thedoubletake: :cheesygrinsmiley:

2009-10-16_01.jpg

2009-10-16_02.jpg

2009-10-16_03.jpg

2009-10-16_04.jpg

2009-10-16_05.jpg

2009-10-16_06.jpg

2009-10-16_07.jpg

2009-10-16_08.jpg

2009-10-16_09.jpg

2009-10-16_10.jpg

2009-10-16_11.jpg

nice! im glad it all worked out. not too much trouble with the screen i hope.

those are some nice strings, i'm hoping you'll get 7-8 oz from that. it looks like so much before it dries. lol. the proof is in the smoke, but they do look amazing, i'm sure they will be.

hmm, 224.72 grams = 7.92676473 ounces, i like it!!

man those buds look great bro, i can't really say much more.

great grow start to finish, cant wait to see what you do next.

wish i was you right now, gonna be dry for a while. :(

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::ganjamon:

With two plants and a 400w u harvested 1/2 pound.

Wow.

Wowzers!

I'm speechless, and uhh type-less(don't kno what to type), holy cow seriously munk..
Great work, seriously

Thanks everyone! Got the 1/4 ounce of loose buds in a container to smoke while the rest cures. Smokes fine now but hoping for a more complex flavor later on in the cure. :ganjamon:

I hope the idea of using devices like the "kill-a-watt" meter for measuring energy use is added to the more classic grams per watt measurement.

So what was my gram/watt ratio anyways? 224.72 grams / 400 watt lamp = .562

Not too shabby for a first time. Looks like I have set a pretty high bar for my next grow.

I like to think grams/watt/month. time is def an integral part of efficiency, like you said you could have 400w light, but if you run it an extra month, you have used more total energy on the plant. love the numbers bro.

Back
Top Bottom