My First Time Growing

I do have one question if anyone can help. I read some other threads and some talk about it being important to keep them between 75 and 80 degrees. The way I figured it was that they should grow at room temperature since they are weeds essentially and usually weeds are hard to get rid of (Not these, but most). But is temperature really important? My room that my grow is in runs about 73 degrees like the rest of the house. Will that be O.K.?

Safe to assume you have downloaded the pics from your phone to your computer?

step 1: Top of the page where it says (Welcome Smokeater116 / My Profile / Settings)---Just below that in black type hover over "Gallery" and click on "Upload Photos"

Step 2: Bottom of the page click on "Select Files for Upload" Should bring you to where your pictures are on YOUR computer! Find the pics you want to download and select them and click on "open"...

Step 3: To the left of "Select Files for Upload" you should see them in waiting for upload. (not the actual pics just the info)----Click on (upload/submit)... They should start loading

Step 4: When they are all done it will bring you to the top of the page where it will say (Process) click on that! Your picture should be in your gallery at this point!

Step 4: Go to your profile and under gallery will find the pics! I hope!!!

When you post a comment at the bottom left you will see (my photos) click on that and it will bring you to your photo gallery and just click on the pics you want on the post and they will be there!

I'm not the best at explaining this but I hope it helped? Try it and lets see!!! Waiting to see this grow...

I do have one question if anyone can help. I read some other threads and some talk about it being important to keep them between 75 and 80 degrees. The way I figured it was that they should grow at room temperature since they are weeds essentially and usually weeds are hard to get rid of (Not these, but most). But is temperature really important? My room that my grow is in runs about 73 degrees like the rest of the house. Will that be O.K.?

Ya that will be just fine! Keeping the temps above 60 and below 80 is ideal. If you able to keep them in a 5 degree window of 73, that would be perfect! I'm sure you will get a more in detail answer to this but that the jist of it!

Smokey,

Ok.

The sad fact of the matter is that the Sch II pain meds are covered by insurance and cannabis is not. I'm not sure that you need a new pain Doc. It seems like he/she has given you the green light to try cannabis. This is very common. It sucks, don't get me wrong. It is what it is.

But...

It's going to cost you a lot more to try it than oxycontin or dilauded. Also, realize that it may not help. Yup. It sucks.

Here are the pics of my 2 little plants. A BIG thanks to Ripples, He made it so easy! Here's my first try!

IMG_20100101_114209.jpg
IMG_20100101_114142_1.jpg
IMG_20100101_114131_1.jpg
IMG_20100101_111322.jpg
IMG_20100101_111327.jpg

Smokey,

Ok.

The sad fact of the matter is that the Sch II pain meds are covered by insurance and cannabis is not. I'm not sure that you need a new pain Doc. It seems like he/she has given you the green light to try cannabis. This is very common. It sucks, don't get me wrong. It is what it is.

But...

It's going to cost you a lot more to try it than oxycontin or dilauded. Also, realize that it may not help. Yup. It sucks.

I have tried it when my son buys some for me and it works just almost as well as the narc's, But that could because of my tolerances I've built up to the narcs. But either way, I know that weed does help me have quality of life without the damage being done by the schedule 2 narcs. That's why I'm growing it, so I won't have to buy it later on, when I have all the growing figured out with all the help I'm getting from people on this journal of mine. I don't expect to be able to start smoking what I've grown for somewhere between 6 months and a year from now. But thank you for the comment!!!!

They look nice and green smokeater, maybe a little stretched. Can you lower your light any?

Also, do you have any breeze blowing on them? In nature a gentle wind is just about always moving the leaves around in at least a light rustle. It's great for the leaves to get a steady supply of fresh air, and helps the stems gain strength through exercise.

Great job getting the pictures uploaded!

Thanks again Ripples, I appreciate the answer and was also able to use your directions to post my first pics. I'm keeping your instructions printed up for new pics, So thank you again!!!!

Your very welcomed! Glad to see it worked for you... They say a picture is worth a thousand words and in this case they are correct! Pictures will help more than anything when learning how to grow... Everything takes time but you will get it eventually... Happy Growing

I will lower the lights a little more to about 2 inches from the light. Yes, I have a small USB fan blowing on them to circulate the air constantly, It just doesn't show in the pictures, it's off to the left side. Thanks for the input! I really appreciate all the help I can get!! Yes, getting the pics uploaded was fairly easy using Ripples guide he posted on how to upload them. The only thing I'm unsure of them is, is how do I get post new pics without posting all the old ones again. But I have time for that, I plan to transplant them into a bigger pot and set up my grow tent tomorrow and get that set up so they can grow big and strong!

Just want to thank EVERYONE who has been following my grow journal and given me pointers. I have gotten quite a bit of help and just wanted to tell everyone how much I appreciate them! I love any and all comments posted by you "guys" (non-gender specific) because your helping me work the kinks out.

This is my first time growing also, so welcome. This is my grow from "bag seed" lord knows what strain they are but it's definite that they are 2 different strains. So don't worry about it being good or not, if you grow them right, they will come out right.

IMG_48557.JPG

IMG_47497.JPG

IMG_47503.JPG

yes! they are almost 8 feet tall, I made the mistake of vegging for too long lol

I will lower the lights a little more to about 2 inches from the light. Yes, I have a small USB fan blowing on them to circulate the air constantly, It just doesn't show in the pictures, it's off to the left side. Thanks for the input! I really appreciate all the help I can get!! Yes, getting the pics uploaded was fairly easy using Ripples guide he posted on how to upload them. The only thing I'm unsure of them is, is how do I get post new pics without posting all the old ones again. But I have time for that, I plan to transplant them into a bigger pot and set up my grow tent tomorrow and get that set up so they can grow big and strong!

Please don't plant them in a bigger pot yet.

That size pot is better for the next month than a larger pot would be.

If you allow the roots to fill the pot, the stronger root ball that develops will make for better flowering when you get there. Allowing your soil to dry out between waterings is how you develop a good root ball.

-- a tip on transplanting cannabis. Unlike many plants Marijuana somewhat likes to have the crown burried.(The crown is where the roots meet the stalk.) When my sedlings are leggy, I just bury them deeper in the bigger pot and cover the stalk with dirt so it looks and acts shorter.

:cheer: Congrats on your photo upload. It gets easier :) :bravo::party:

Please don't plant them in a bigger pot yet.

That size pot is better for the next month than a larger pot would be.

If you allow the roots to fill the pot, the stronger root ball that develops will make for better flowering when you get there. Allowing your soil to dry out between waterings is how you develop a good root ball.

-- a tip on transplanting cannabis. Unlike many plants Marijuana somewhat likes to have the crown burried.(The crown is where the roots meet the stalk.) When my sedlings are leggy, I just bury them deeper in the bigger pot and cover the stalk with dirt so it looks and acts shorter.

:cheer: Congrats on your photo upload. It gets easier :) :bravo::party:

As has become the norm lately, you are one of the people that keep me going! If you say to leave them in those pots, I will for a month. I want the best root structure I can get. I love the fact that everyone here is so intelligent about this subject, That makes a world of difference to me as I need all the help I can get. Thank you once again Radogast!

The dangers of growing in too large a pot too soon.

It usually works better to grow full roots in a small pot, then transplant into larger pots (unless you are PeeJay who pulls off some crazy combinations of small and large pots :) )

In an extreme case that I have not yet given up on, Nov 3, I took a happy clone with roots and put it directly into a 7-gallon pot because I wanted it to grow fast. Also on Nov3, I took another happy clone with roots and put it into a 1-quart pot, and 28 days later into a 7-gallon pot.

Northern Lights Stella - planted directly into a 7 gallon pot. Her roots go straight down without spreading.

20160102_170651-1.jpg

Snowcap Stacy - grown for 25 days in a small pot before transplanted into a 7 gallon pot.

20160105_145831.jpg

Usually a mistreated plant does better, but Stella was not equipped to handle a bug attack with her weak root system.

I will lower the lights a little more to about 2 inches from the light. Yes, I have a small USB fan blowing on them to circulate the air constantly, It just doesn't show in the pictures, it's off to the left side.
Your lights should be as close as they can be without burning the plants. You can place your hand under the light using the back of your hand. Bring it close to the light and the point where it just starts to feel the warmth is a safe distance to your plants. You will have to keep adjusting as they grow. Also you fan should blow on the plants making them sway a little, this will help develop a strong stalk. The tip on covering up the stalk is a very good one. One of my seedlings had a little curve at the bottom so I just covered it with dirt the little guy is doing fine, just a little shorter than the others.

I'm sorry to see that happen to your plant, I definitely will not move mine to a big pot right away and wait until it's big enough.

It's OK. I have 18 plants in pots, plus clones waiting their turn, so I have enough to keep up with my wife's medical use (3-4 oz per month.)

I just hate to lose the genetics. 1 plant of 2 feminized Northern Lights seedlings made it all the way to harvest, I made a good clone copy, and then I am killing the clone - but thanks for prompting me to post the photo. Posting the facts and photos made it clear to me. So It helps me make the decision I was postponing for weeks. That girl is not growing happy. I will be planting another girl in that pot.

It's a tough decision to give up on a plant, but I need to learn how to do that for the sake of the other plants.
Besides. I expect a Tangerine Dream to be ready to go into a big pot in 2-3 days.
I have :bong: high hopes :passitleft: for that strain :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom