My Journey For Homegrown Meds

Ok,so this is my week one update.Nothing much going on.Lost three seedlings due to...no idea really,they were just weak.
Looks like I may lose two to three more but we'll see.
Note that I have not fed them anything as of yet except one drop of super thrive diluted into one gallon water.
I will start BPN feeding schedule next week.Also,I placed these cups into red solo cups right after pics.They are on 12/12 photo period as I want to determine sex before I really start planning ahead.
IMG_20130509_085646_238.jpg

IMG_20130509_085628_419.jpg

IMG_20130509_085619_153.jpg

Not sure just how accurate this device is as I've read mixed reviews.Where I live increasing the humidity shouldn't be a problem.
IMG_20130509_085711_144.jpg

Will be gone for a few days so if I do get suggestions I won't be seeing them until Sunday.Thanks for looking! :Namaste:

Good set up buddy, go big or go home right!?! Lovly view too man, got to love mother nature! (Nice catch too)

Looking solid for a week old man! and you can grow way better medicien then that because it will have your green thumb and care to make it dank as hell, (iv found out younger kids dont understand that its beter to smoke one bowl of cron then 5 of mids to get the same high lol)

Keep it up man you are on the fast track to success!

Thanks jlt. :)

Back in town Monday afternoon and gave my seedlings their first nutes of BPN.
Only used a half gallon water so reduced feeding by half.
It was a bit difficult as the syringe I have is better at 5ml increments.
They seemed to like it so I'll keep that regimen until transplant.
Not much going on save the fact I came across an article about distance from cool tube.
It basically said my lights were too far away.
By the chart I should be about 5 inches away from light but I honestly feel it's too early for that.
I did however lower the light quite a bit.It's at 15 inches and I think I'll keep it there until they mature a bit.
Nothing really new.A couple lagging and maybe make it,maybe not,time will tell.
Here's where they are and thanks for looking. :Namaste:

I forgot to add medicine of the day from a fellow friend.

Look at all those cute babies. So full of hope and promise! :circle-of-love:

Are you going to selecting mothers from these? or are these going all the way to the end?

Look at all those cute babies. So full of hope and promise! :circle-of-love:

Are you going to selecting mothers from these? or are these going all the way to the end?

Hey Hiker,
I'm really just waiting on determination of sex first and then I'll know where to go from there.
Once I have something to work with I will be keeping one mother in the tron.Maybe more later but space is a factor.
Preferably I want only four plants in tent for flowering in 7gal. smart pots.
That's the plan,now I just have to wait and see what my babies say about that. ;)

Thanks for the good wishes Ca215.The meds were rather...let's say,expensive,but they were very tasty and much needed.That's the kind of quality I will take all day long. ;)

Had a 50/50 day today.
One confirmed fem,one confirmed male.(He be d.e.a.d.)
Here she is in her new 7gal. home.
I suspect they will all show sex by weekend! :)
IMG_20130522_132058_399.jpg

Ok,I have a question for the pros here.
I have had these at 12/12 from seed.
When I do determine sex on all can I then go back to a veg mode safely without fear of hermie?
Thanks in advance. :Namaste:

nothing is certain, it stresses the plant considerably going from flower to vegetative growth. i have had cuttings taken from flower that reverted back to vegetative growth without issue.
Sounds like a plan then,I'll take cuttings from flower and let these continue in 12/12.Thanks KJC.

Well,today is same as yesterday.50/50
One confirmed fem and another male.(Dead)
That's two fems in 7gal pots so far.
Regardless of how the rest show I have to transplant today.Ten more to show sex!
They are close to root bound in the solo cups.Kinda surprised because even though they are very small the root growth has exploded. :peace:
IMG_20130523_074518_104.jpg

IMG_20130523_082244_236.jpg

Love the handles on those Smart Pots.

Good going getting them transplanted, now they can stretch their legs and go through some massive growth spurts for ya! :thumb: Jeez, I totally should have just bought those same smart pots.. I instead went down to the hardware store and bought like 20 $1 bags like the ones you can get at walmart... When I water my bags they get way too heavy and rip when I try moving them.. I've almost lost two of my plants due to this, I can't even move them anymore because im scared they will, fall out the side, bottom, idk these things SUCK. now so they just sit LOL. What a joke right? That's what I get trying to save some money haha :laugh: Those smart pots do get expensive! Would like to know how you are liking them in the following weeks! The one thing I've heard about them is the added moisture you get in return with all fabric which could lead to other issues. Everything is looking great Minus, keep it up! :thumb:
:peace: CA215

Good going getting them transplanted, now they can stretch their legs and go through some massive growth spurts for ya! :thumb: Jeez, I totally should have just bought those same smart pots.. I instead went down to the hardware store and bought like 20 $1 bags like the ones you can get at walmart... When I water my bags they get way too heavy and rip when I try moving them.. I've almost lost two of my plants due to this, I can't even move them anymore because im scared they will, fall out the side, bottom, idk these things SUCK. now so they just sit LOL. What a joke right? That's what I get trying to save some money haha :laugh: Those smart pots do get expensive! Would like to know how you are liking them in the following weeks! The one thing I've heard about them is the added moisture you get in return with all fabric which could lead to other issues. Everything is looking great Minus, keep it up! :thumb:
:peace: CA215
Thanks buddy and for the rep ;)
Not sure how these smart pots are going to do.Reviews were outstanding.They seem really durable but yes,they are expensive as hell!I got mine from Amazon at about $10 a piece.They are supposedly reusable and I really hope that they are because even buying bulk the prices are the same.The handles are a big plus and feel really solid despite the flimsiness,time will tell.Thanks again CA, :peace:

Got my new e-cig vape mod today.The Vamo.Loving it! :)
IMG_20130523_155134_001.jpg

I'm subbed! I miss my old tent in the garage, so much less work haha. +reps buddy, I'm diggin the set up and the ladies look beautiful so far. Keep up the good work!

I'm subbed! I miss my old tent in the garage, so much less work haha. +reps buddy, I'm diggin the set up and the ladies look beautiful so far. Keep up the good work!
Hey there Sphnx,thanks and welcome! :)

Todays update report is that I've culled two more males.
Other babies are really small so it may be a bit before they hike their skirts for show and tell.
I found a use for old coffee cans,should be ok for now.
That's about it!Have a great weekend and Happy Memorial Day! :peace:

IMG_20130524_132507_611.jpg

Thanks jlt. :)

Back in town Monday afternoon and gave my seedlings their first nutes of BPN.
Only used a half gallon water so reduced feeding by half.
It was a bit difficult as the syringe I have is better at 5ml increments.
They seemed to like it so I'll keep that regimen until transplant.
Not much going on save the fact I came across an article about distance from cool tube.
It basically said my lights were too far away.
By the chart I should be about 5 inches away from light but I honestly feel it's too early for that.
I did however lower the light quite a bit.It's at 15 inches and I think I'll keep it there until they mature a bit.
Nothing really new.A couple lagging and maybe make it,maybe not,time will tell.
Here's where they are and thanks for looking. :Namaste:

I forgot to add medicine of the day from a fellow friend.

No idea what happened here maybe an admin could take a look?I'm missing six photos in this post.Thanks in advance.

Culled another male today.I think it could be the last male in the bunch.We shall see! :peace:

No idea what happened here maybe an admin could take a look?I'm missing six photos in this post.Thanks in advance.

Hi Minus,

It looks like you copied the photo codes before the upload process was completed. Because of this, the photos you posted in that post didn't get uploaded correctly. Here's a link to our tutorial with instructions on the uploading process: Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

If you can't remember which photos you were trying to post, send me a pm and I'll send you the photo codes so you can compare the numbers of those with the numbers of the photos on your computer or wherever you have them saved.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom