N420 Grows Barney's Farm Orange Sherbert & Special Guests

Another Quick Update
The amnesia auto was due for harvest but we have been very busy the last little while. My tenant moved out of my basement suite so we are in the middle of a small reno down there to turn it into a space that the family can use. We have never used that space for ourselves since we moved into the house 13 years ago and with my 2 little ones running around spreading their toys from one end of the house to the other it's time for some more room lol. I noticed a small amount of rot on the top of the main cola and knew it had to come down. I took my daughter to swim lessons when I came home my wife had harvested the auto.

Not going to be a big yield but I just grew it for fun. The buds are nice and kinda have a peppery smell to them. Will be nice to have a little variety.

I can't remember if you said that the Amnesia hermied or not? I can see some nannars in the pics. Apologies if you've already mentioned that. My memory left when we had our second child lol. The GZ in my experience did have some wierd leaves here and there so it probably isn't anything to worry about. One thing I have spotted though is a couple of thrips in the first pic. Bottom right. They are bastards to get rid of and I've pretty much given up. They seem easier to control than to eliminate and only after you've cleaned out the grow room at the end of a grow will they be truly gone. The problem I have I said that the grow doesn't stop. There's never a moment when there isn't any soil for them to hide in or leaves to sit on the underside of. That's why I plan to go full hydro for a couple grows so I can remove soil from the equation and break their cycle. The summer isn't helping either and hopefully they'll be weakened in the winter months. Apologies for coming on here and bringing the doom and gloom lol. I'm so used to spotting them in pics now after having them since about march. Looking good though N. The Amnesia is a nice strain. Is it from RQS? I did one years ago and remember it being nice. Hope you and the family are well my friend
:passitleft:

Looking great brother. Very nice looking ladies man. They're stacking nicely
Thanks Sparkey. Ya we are just 3 days in the tent the girls have already bounced back from their super cropping and are looking good. Because this is the second go round with Os I know what to expect this time around.

I can't remember if you said that the Amnesia hermied or not? I can see some nannars in the pics. Apologies if you've already mentioned that. My memory left when we had our second child lol. The GZ in my experience did have some wierd leaves here and there so it probably isn't anything to worry about. One thing I have spotted though is a couple of thrips in the first pic. Bottom right. They are bastards to get rid of and I've pretty much given up. They seem easier to control than to eliminate and only after you've cleaned out the grow room at the end of a grow will they be truly gone. The problem I have I said that the grow doesn't stop. There's never a moment when there isn't any soil for them to hide in or leaves to sit on the underside of. That's why I plan to go full hydro for a couple grows so I can remove soil from the equation and break their cycle. The summer isn't helping either and hopefully they'll be weakened in the winter months. Apologies for coming on here and bringing the doom and gloom lol. I'm so used to spotting them in pics now after having them since about march. Looking good though N. The Amnesia is a nice strain. Is it from RQS? I did one years ago and remember it being nice. Hope you and the family are well my friend
:passitleft:

Thanks Prof. Don't worry about the doom and gloom I really value your opinion and appreciate any insight you have to do with the plants. Ya the thrips are a pain in the ass I do remember some incoming prof advice about not stopping spraying your were right on that one. I didn't mention that the Amnesia hermied I honestly didn't notice any nanners until you mentioned it but after looking at the pics you nailed it. The amnesia seeds were freebies from seedsman on one of my orders so I just tossed them into a pot and let them do their thing. It's funny you mentioned going full hydro I am going to be giving DWC a try on my next run I'm a little nervous about it as I have never done any kind of hydro growing before. I will be sure to post about it so I can get some help along the way. Family is good my 7 year old daughter is getting excited about school starting again after the weekend. My 2 year old has been home with Mrs. N as the daycare is closed for the week so Mrs. N is taking the opportunity to do some painting around the house. Hope all is well with you and your family prof and thanks for stopping by buddy.

My pleasure N. I wouldn't worry about the bananas. They probably came on because the plant was ready for harvest.
When you get the the hang of it hydro can be great fun and many growers never go back. My current problem is quite a nasty one and I really hope I can get it under control soon. If the Purple Punch still has the root rot in 3 weeks time then I'm going to put her into flower regardless. It may actually help. In regards to the thrips they haven't actually caused much harm to any of my plants despite it being quite a bad infestation. They just left little marks on the leaves but didn't stunt or damage the plants in any other way. If you give the plants a spray every now and then it should be ok.

We're good. Mrs F has family down so it's a bit loud and hectic but other than at I'm surviving lol

Caught up! Congrats on the harvests and the move indoors from the deck. I'm sure they're happy to be in a nice controlled environment. I'm loaded with rot outside now :eek:
Got the temp controller set up yesterday in the 3x3 and after a bit of adjustment got my temps up a bit they are running at 73 degrees and my rh is 58%. It was quite easy to set up
Excellent choice!
giggling away watching Modern Family.
You were either nice and high or that was an old MF! My wife and I think that show has lost most of its funny.
Got some mini hydrometers for curing and have made it much easier.
I can't dry and cure without them. So easy...
when I came home my wife had harvested the auto.
Excellent assistant. :thumb:
I couldn't help myself and gave them a little how do you do
Hard not to supercrop when you see a leader. Especially once you move them inside and see how uneven the canopy is to the light.
One of the bends didn't go exactly as planned and broke the skin of the main stem but I'm hoping it heals up ok.
It will be fine! Hardly a scratch.
Looks like ca deficiency so will probably be adding cal mag to my feed as well.
Looks like magnesium to me (yellowing between the veins) but cal-mag will help. If you just want to go with Mg you can add epsom salt to the nute water.

Gz update.
These ladies are chugging right along and are actually becoming quite bushy I can't help but wonder if I should give them a little pruning as some of the lower growth sites are completely covered by some of the largest leaves on them.
Checking around I found that the thrips are still there I backed off on the spraying and now realized that I should have kept it up like I was.
Getting the start of a few deficiencies so will have to bump my feed up at the next watering. Looks like ca deficiency so will probably be adding cal mag to my feed as well.
20190827_214807.jpg
20190827_214733.jpg

Getting the odd mutations of some of the leaves not sure what causes that.
20190827_214742.jpg

All in all very happy with these I grabbed the main stock on them they are very solid when I grabbed them they had a very strong smell should be a very potent strain.
20190827_214859.jpg
20190827_214859.jpg
20190827_214853.jpg
20190827_214844.jpg
20190827_214848.jpg
Looking good there N
def do the defol. My biggest regret this grow was to go too gentle on mine regarding defoliation and lowers. was trying the idea around not needing direct light and the buds being fed better by the leaves . Will be brutal next run.

With bugs that eat leaves or plant matter you want a systemic.
Try using bacterial attack.
Bacillus thurungenis.......or something. Sorry, spelling sucks.
Easy to find, eats larvaes stomachs out as they eat the plant. Totally harmless for peeps. Will kill all leaf eaters.
Easy to apply, just add to luke warm water to activate and feed.... Done.
That and Neem are great low impact pest control.
Took me awhile to catch up N420.....soz.

Caught up! Congrats on the harvests and the move indoors from the deck. I'm sure they're happy to be in a nice controlled environment. I'm loaded with rot outside now :eek:
Thanks Shed! The last of the Os harvest hit the jars tonight this time next week I should have some final weights. Will definitely have more control in the tent I had a bunch of rot in my outdoor plants last year.
You were either nice and high or that was an old MF! My wife and I think that show has lost most of its funny.
I was nice and high and it was an old Modern Family. I'm like you I don't like the new one's but the older one's are absolutely hilarious.
Excellent assistant. :thumb:
Why yes she is. She is a much better trimmer then I am I'm a little clumsy with the snips. I figured I grow it she trims and smokes it so fair trade I think lol.
Hard not to supercrop when you see a leader. Especially once you move them inside and see how uneven the canopy is to the light.
I could see so many more bud sites under the main that needed more light so a quick easy fix. I have 4 plants this round so it's alot less crowded so even the lowers should get good light.
Looks like magnesium to me (yellowing between the veins) but cal-mag will help. If you just want to go with Mg you can add epsom salt to the nute water.
Thanks shed appreciate your expertise in spotting the deficiencies I did give them some cal mag on my watering last night to try to get it under control.

Looking good there N
def do the defol. My biggest regret this grow was to go too gentle on mine regarding defoliation and lowers. was trying the idea around not needing direct light and the buds being fed better by the leaves . Will be brutal next run.
Thanks Gg. I usually don't defoil in veg but this time I decided to give it a go. There were alot of growth tips hidden under big fans update and pics to come.

With bugs that eat leaves or plant matter you want a systemic.
Try using bacterial attack.
Bacillus thurungenis.......or something. Sorry, spelling sucks.
Easy to find, eats larvaes stomachs out as they eat the plant. Totally harmless for peeps. Will kill all leaf eaters.
Easy to apply, just add to luke warm water to activate and feed.... Done.
That and Neem are great low impact pest control.
Took me awhile to catch up N420.....soz.
Hey lowie happy you stopped by. Never heard of the Bacillus something or other my spelling is horrible as well I use auto correct alot lol. Something I will look into and will be more vigilant with the spraying I got lazy honestly.

Quick update on the Gz. I did a light defoilation on them last night concentrating on the bigger fans. There were alot of hidden growth tips under them which should get alot more light

Took some close ups of were I topped earlier and it looks like the branches are almost long enough to tie down.

The last pic is of the one plant that is the shortest and has branches packed really close together she will be a hard one to train.

Thanks Gg. I usually don't defoil in veg but this time I decided to give it a go. There were alot of growth tips hidden under big fans update and pics to come.
I think it will an education for us both watching profs pp and her mega trim. more light to tips is the way i think.

Ya your right Gg I think I could have taken even more off but figured I would just take off the big fans and see how she responds. If it doesn't slow her down will probably take some more off. After watching prof with his leaf stripping it obviously doesn't effect yield very much.

Gz Update

Hey 420 fam I hope everyone's weekend is going well. Mrs. N and I took the kids to the largest fall fair that is put on in my neck of the woods we try to go every year as the last fun thing before school starts. They have horse shows to watch and have every kind of farm animal there you can think of. They also have an amusement park set up as well. That's were we spent most of our time and money lol.

The Gz was ready for some Lst training I was hoping to get the middle of the plants opened up and get them more stretched out horizontally. I was aiming to get the two main branches from the topping below the topping point. After I did that I looked at any branches that looked like they would become the new leaders and just tied them down to try in keep them in place and to open up the lowers further down on their branches.

Plant 1
Had the most trouble with this one the main stock was bending over and was hoping to just pull down the branches. I left it that way and will see how she does.

Plant 2
She is the smallest of the plants and was actually the easiest to tie down.

Plant 3
This one kinda self lst itself the stock was kinda leaning over in the pot but I pulled her apart to try to get even more growth tips

Plant 4
This one has a very similar growth structure to plant 2 just bigger another fairly easy plant to train

Here they are all back after their training

There we have it I will see how they respond in the next few days if anyone sees anything thing that I could have done differently would love to hear any comments. Happy growing everyone.

Gz Update

Hey 420 fam I hope everyone's weekend is going well. Mrs. N and I took the kids to the largest fall fair that is put on in my neck of the woods we try to go every year as the last fun thing before school starts. They have horse shows to watch and have every kind of farm animal there you can think of. They also have an amusement park set up as well. That's were we spent most of our time and money lol.

The Gz was ready for some Lst training I was hoping to get the middle of the plants opened up and get them more stretched out horizontally. I was aiming to get the two main branches from the topping below the topping point. After I did that I looked at any branches that looked like they would become the new leaders and just tied them down to try in keep them in place and to open up the lowers further down on their branches.

Plant 1
Had the most trouble with this one the main stock was bending over and was hoping to just pull down the branches. I left it that way and will see how she does.

Plant 2
She is the smallest of the plants and was actually the easiest to tie down.

Plant 3
This one kinda self lst itself the stock was kinda leaning over in the pot but I pulled her apart to try to get even more growth tips

Plant 4
This one has a very similar growth structure to plant 2 just bigger another fairly easy plant to train

Here they are all back after their training

There we have it I will see how they respond in the next few days if anyone sees anything thing that I could have done differently would love to hear any comments. Happy growing everyone.
Great job N. excellent start to the training. They seem very happy to work with you.

Great job N. excellent start to the training. They seem very happy to work with you.
Thanks Gg. It was definitely time This is the earliest I have started lst in an attempt to keep them as even as possible. Once they bounce back will see how they look maybe take a few more leaves just winging it at the moment.

Just a quick photobomb update of the Gz. She has already come right back after the lst last night. Can already see a couple of branches that will need to be tied down again particularly on plant #1

This is plant #1 the 2 main branches are the highest above the canopy so will try to get them a little lower.

After watching prof with his leaf stripping it obviously doesn't effect yield very much.
If you like what I do then I suggest you head over to @Lewydeville's thread and check out what he does with his. When he trims his plants look like sticks then 3 weeks later they're back with more leaves than before and covered in budsites.
They have horse shows to watch and have every kind of farm animal there you can think of.
Do they have trout?

Hope you're well N! Gotta love those amusement parks! Lol. The GZ's are looking great. They have those shiny leaves again

Thanks prof! I will definitely check out @Lewydeville he grows in Dwc if I'm not mistaken I'm trying to absorb all the info I can on Dwc so I'm ready when I give it a go myself. He takes more leaves then you that is something I definitely have to check that out for myself I always like seeing what others can accomplish with defoilation and what results they get.

No trout does fish and chips I ate at the food truck count lol.

It was my 2 year old daughter's first time on any amusement park rides she was grinning from ear to ear.

Lovin the Gz she takes what I dish out and keeps coming back for more

Back
Top Bottom