N420 Grows Barney's Farm Orange Sherbert & Special Guests

Got the Dwc babies in their buckets a few days ago the rooter's were drying out to quickly and when the roots were coming out they were drying up so it was time. After a couple of days they seem happy with the exception of one of the Bog but it was the last of the babies to be put in the bucket I'm sure in a few days she will be fine. I just put 13 ml of seni grow a+b in the bucket and ph'd it to 5.8 so far the ph is staying stable and the bubbles are popping onto the hydroton and keeping the rooter's moist. No roots out of the net pots yet but I have seen some positive growth with them so shouldn't be to long before they get some roots into the buckets. Had to do a bit of messing around to get the environment dialed in started with a cmh in the tent to get the temps up but the light was to intense for the seedlings so I put my 135 watt led in there and dialed it all the way down and added a 200 watt heater to the tent and they seem much happier now.

Appreciate it Multi! The camera is a Nikon DSLR that we've had for a few years bought it for my wife as a Christmas gift a few years back but we haven't used it to much I've been messing around with it to take pics of the grow alot to learn about using it that's for sure.

Nice. I have a smaller Nikon (D40, maybe?) and a bigger Cannon. I'm too lazy to break them out for just plant pics though. LOL

Maybe I'll give the smaller a go, I dunno.

Got the Dwc babies in their buckets a few days ago the rooter's were drying out to quickly and when the roots were coming out they were drying up so it was time.

This is something I've been thinking over the last few days.

I have current culture net pots, and they have a little riser in the middle for your rooter/rockwool/etc to sit on:

CCH20NET8__28627.1401815504.jpg

I'm wondering if once a seed pops, if I couldn't move it to a pot, add the hydroton, then leave it sit in a seedling dome/tray setup for a few days longer?

Initial roots would have somewhere to go, and a little air stone could keep the water in good shape. Kind of a makeshift DWC before dropping them into my main rig?

Thinking of this as more of a backup plan, just in case I have some unforeseen issue with the system and a seedling pops earlier than expected.

It would give the roots a little bit of room to go, and the net pot could then be dropped right into place.

Nice. I have a smaller Nikon (D40, maybe?) and a bigger Cannon. I'm too lazy to break them out for just plant pics though. LOL

Maybe I'll give the smaller a go, I dunno.

This is something I've been thinking over the last few days.

I have current culture net pots, and they have a little riser in the middle for your rooter/rockwool/etc to sit on:

CCH20NET8__28627.1401815504.jpg

I'm wondering if once a seed pops, if I couldn't move it to a pot, add the hydroton, then leave it sit in a seedling dome/tray setup for a few days longer?

Initial roots would have somewhere to go, and a little air stone could keep the water in good shape. Kind of a makeshift DWC before dropping them into my main rig?

Thinking of this as more of a backup plan, just in case I have some unforeseen issue with the system and a seedling pops earlier than expected.

It would give the roots a little bit of room to go, and the net pot could then be dropped right into place.
Hey multi it's a Nikon D3300 it's kind of a beginners DSLR just have the lens it came with thought about getting a different one for it but they are pretty pricey but it works pretty well although it is a bit of a ordeal to pull it out then upload the pictures onto the site.

Those are pretty cool looking pots I did think about getting some smaller net pots like some 3 inch and putting the rooter in there then making a mini dwc rig in a 3 gallon bucket until they had bigger roots then transplanting the 3 inch into the 6 inch in my main buckets but never got around to it and wasn't sure how if I would damage the roots trying to get them into the bigger net pots. I was reading Riflemans journal and he sprouts the seeds in the rooter's right in the main buckets from the start and it seems to work well for him.

just have the lens it came with thought about getting a different one for it but they are pretty pricey

That's where they get you... the glass. :(

Although the decent thing is that if you keep them in good shape, you can usually recoup a good portion of it back. :D

Those are pretty cool looking pots I did think about getting some smaller net pots like some 3 inch and putting the rooter in there then making a mini dwc rig in a 3 gallon bucket until they had bigger roots then transplanting the 3 inch into the 6 inch in my main buckets but never got around to it and wasn't sure how if I would damage the roots trying to get them into the bigger net pots. I was reading Riflemans journal and he sprouts the seeds in the rooter's right in the main buckets from the start and it seems to work well for him.

This would be in the main pot (5.5") the whole time, but thought it seemed like a decent enough backup plan. Considering it has that riser thing, that's a little space underneath for the tap to go and get started.

I bet I could take a small bucket and make mini DWC's. Maybe 3-4" below the pot for roots to start. Lift pot, put in big bucket. Voila.

Meh, more than I wanna mess with. Just having a backup plan that can go a couple days is plenty. :)

But later on... who knows.

The GZ looks great! #nolarf

Babies are looking good too. Roots? Won't be long now :thumb:
Thanks Shed! Ya I'm thinking the trimming will definitely help get rid of the larfy stuff had a bit to much of it on the first Os run.

No roots yet but should be soon no matter how often I'm down there checking it's not making them grow any faster lol.

Going good gunz N.
Just cruisin past and catching up.
Plants look lovely.

Wow N. Those buds looking amazing and yes the frost is frosty. Your dwc looks great as well. As well. Can’t wait to see these take off. Are you starting a journal for those guys. Cheers. Magic

Going good gunz N.
Just cruisin past and catching up.
Plants look lovely.
Cheers Lowie glad you swung by was down in the tent tonight giving the girls a feed and I'm so impressed with the thricome production to this point this stuff is gonna knock me on my ass!
Awesome stuff N4! You seem to be learning fast with the new system. :bravo:
Thanks alot Mr.S kinda flying by the seat of my pants at the moment but the good news is I've already noticed more positive growth since this morning when checked them before work even the one Bog that was looking a little rough is pushing out some new growth.

Wow N. Those buds looking amazing and yes the frost is frosty. Your dwc looks great as well. As well. Can’t wait to see these take off. Are you starting a journal for those guys. Cheers. Magic
Thanks bud the Gz are really starting to hit their stride now really looking forward to watching these buds develop over the next few weeks it's gonna be a frost party! I'm probably just gonna show the dwc grow on this journal everyone already knows where to find my stuff and will have one less journal to update been thinking I would turn this journal into an perpetual journal just got to figure out a name.

Thanks bud the Gz are really starting to hit their stride now really looking forward to watching these buds develop over the next few weeks it's gonna be a frost party! I'm probably just gonna show the dwc grow on this journal everyone already knows where to find my stuff and will have one less journal to update been thinking I would turn this journal into an perpetual journal just got to figure out a name.

Yes that’s the best part watching the little buds. Here’s a start
“ N420 Nurturing Nuggets “

Good Saturday morning 420 fam hope everyone is doing well. Got a quick update for the Dwc babies today. They are growing well so far and are pushing out their next set of leaves and in other exciting news we have our first 2 roots out of the net pots! One of the Pog has a root about an inch long and one Bog has one about half an inch long I'm pretty happy to see the roots and the others should no be to far behind.

It's been quite cold here the last week so I've added a 200 watt heater to the tent it's brought my temps up a bit but had dropped my rh to 33% so I've added a humidifier connected to an inkbird humidity controller so now I'm sitting around 50% it's about as good as I can get it if I add more humidity it drops my temp to low because of the cool mist from the humidifier so we will have to keep it there for now.

Sunday will be 1 week in these buckets the ph has risen a little and is sitting at 6 but still within the range not sure if I'm going to change them or keep them in there a little longer. The only thing I have to adjust is the temp in the res its sitting at 64 degrees which I think is a little low I'm thinking I will either put the air pump in the tent so it draws in the warm air from the tent or wrap the buckets with some foil insulation I have.

Water at 64F isn't bad, but I wouldn't want it to get much lower than that. Somewhere between 62F and 68F is the sweet spot. Below 60F, it slows growth. At 72F the amount of dissolved oxygen the water can hold starts to diminish, and you increase the chances of root rot and other issues. At least if it's a tick warm you can add more air and use things to keep the bad stuff away from the res.

I may have to get an aquarium heater myself. Not 100% sure, but I'll know more later today once I have the probes installed.

Water at 64F isn't bad, but I wouldn't want it to get much lower than that. Somewhere between 62F and 68F is the sweet spot. Below 60F, it slows growth. At 72F the amount of dissolved oxygen the water can hold starts to diminish, and you increase the chances of root rot and other issues. At least if it's a tick warm you can add more air and use things to keep the bad stuff away from the res.

I may have to get an aquarium heater myself. Not 100% sure, but I'll know more later today once I have the probes installed.
Thanks Multi appreciate having your dwc knowledge here. I think I will put the air pump in the tent and see if I can raise it a degree or 2. Undecided if I should do a res change or not but I might just fill up the extra buckets I have to get the chlorine evaporating.

Back
Top Bottom