NateRamrod's Soilless Phantom OG SCROG

I'm in the same boat. If I put the carbon filter in the temps rise 5 degrees. Only way I managed to stop it is to remove the can. Perhaps you could add another fan inside. Do you have any air intake? Try getting some not-so-hot air circulating.

SOO many bud sites.
Ingenious idea with the water bottles too!

I'm in the same boat. If I put the carbon filter in the temps rise 5 degrees. Only way I managed to stop it is to remove the can. Perhaps you could add another fan inside. Do you have any air intake? Try getting some not-so-hot air circulating.

SOO many bud sites.
Ingenious idea with the water bottles too!

I live in an apt, so i don't think taking the filter off will be an option, the exhaust blows out my window. I could put an intake fan.. my bottom vent is currently filled with power cords.. guess i will have to put a hole in my tent to accommodate the cords. fuckkkk. lol. that would make it nice for me to pick where they go through instead of the incredibly inconvenient spot they go through now...

Nate perhaps for your next grow you may want to veg longer and thin out lower branches making it leggy then put your screen up higher so you can water with a water can under screen and access the pots easier.....

As for the fan (monday quarterback) IMHO a 6" fan would prob be better to move more air...however, regardless you are using a fan that makes heat to take out heat from a light...check the ducting and make sure it is as straight as possible leaving tent, every bending makes fan less efficient and causes more heat....If your room is like a closet i would say leave tent open to vent more air out but i don't know your situation....

I know what its like to have high temps, fricken irritating, mine were at 85 when i used my tent for the first time with T5 lights (only 4 lights on...it was an 8 bulb) thats why i went with led.....Minors about your pics your plants are looking great and happy smart way to water....keep up the good work and keep us updated....:high-five:

Nate one more thing, your plants can handle the heat (depending on strain) but roots dont like heat that much so if no solution to heat problem try watering your plants with cool water, maybe some ice cubes inside, like 65 degrees.....

Ok everyone so some pretty big changes. I am gearing up for my next grow so these plants will be getting some upgrades. Short list of cool new stuff either coming now or on its way soon along with some q's.

600w air cooled hps digital + 6" fan and ducting

My old 400 buzzes(grow is in my bedroom, no bueno) and I wanted something air cooled so I could create a sealed environment for my next item

CO2 will be added. 5 lb CO2 tank, regulator, and C.A.P PPM4 controller.

I plan on adding the co2 to my current grow as soon as supplies arrive. Shouldn't be a problem right?

ONA breeze. Anyone ever used one for odor control inside a flower tent? I plan of having my lights ducting independent of the tents air so I don't vent my co2. Will this be sufficient to contain odors?

I bought some seeds on attitude

Barney's Farm Vanilla Kush

Greenhouse Seeds Exodus Cheese

Reserva Privada OG Kush

Nirvana Seeds Snow White

Plus some freebies.

Finally most importantly I will be setting up a mom tent. 2x4. I will use half for moms under a cfl then put a storage rack on the other half so I can have cloner on one level and clones getting a couple days of veg above.

All so I can start my SOG after all this inspiration from 12twelve, markgreen, and 420fied.

Updates to come soon on the plants. Had a nute issue two days ago, flushed yesterday but all runoff was ph 5.8 - 6.2 as expected. Hopefully the flush will solve it. I had started to try feeding 3 days a week but I think this was too little after they where used to 7.

Also running out of my gh series, i plan on buying BPN next, will it hurt if I replace the bottles as they run out? Mixing gh and BPN..

Hey nice to see you back, donʻt know about that ONA stuff but was looking at it too, let me know what you find out. Watch out the CO2 if its in your bedroom donʻt kill yourself. Good luck:goodluck:

Ona works well imo. It is expensive at $45 for the tub of gel. I throw a small coffee cup amount into a 5 gal bucket, add 2-3x water and run a fan on low over it, outside my tent, in the empty bedroom the tent is in. Does great. But I tend to go through it pretty fast which I'm not thrilled about. I live in a 2100 Sq ft house and downstairs nobody can smell my 6 plant grow.

@bass how long will it last before needing to be replaced, how much extra heat is there im assuming none since you are just blowing a fan on it, so no Ona container with the fan right????

I dont use it every day, but when the plants start to get a strong odor I start using it. I put about 8-12 oz worth into a gal bucket, add 2-3 times the amount of water, then a cheap fan over it. I actually got a fan that fits the bucket perfect but folded out the base a bit so I could angle about 1/2 of the fan blowing over the lip. Just so there is less air blowing on the gel/water mix and slower evaporation. I would say for me with 6 plants, about 1.5 $45 buckets per grow. Too damned expensive really. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Maybe I should add much more water. I dunno. But when you can't blow $200+ on a carbon filter all at once, it's a good fix.

@bass.......HELL YES!!!!! I had an exhaust fan and i was :reading420magazine: reading up some material and i was gonna get a carbon filter, set it on the ground with exhaust fan shooting straight up and just recirculate filtered air back in room (since my window is open) but i was worried about heat, then i went to garden shop to get one @ $170 i was like do i really need this, am i gonna use it, plus the unknown heat issue from fan. So i skipped that and gave him my exhaust fan for a trade with other stuff, but i saw the ONA in the magazine he had and i was like hey maybe that would work. I think that may be a better option if it does handle, i also read that the carbon filters last about a years worth of grow anyways. Thanks bass i will look into this.:thanks:

Ok Guys. Sorry for the long wait. I've had a lot of stuff going on recently and very limited access to a computer. So I had A deficiency start about 2 weeks ago. Tried flushing each bucket with about a gallon of water, most I could do given the inconvenient outlet on the bottom of the buckets. It didn't go away after a week or two of light feeding so yesterday I did another flush with a bout 10ml of clearex thrown in. i am going to try and get them to tough through the last month of flower.

Let me know any suggestions...
photo_10_8.JPG
photo_11_8.JPG

As for other news, I am starting to work on my moms so I can get started on a 2-liter SOG after this harvest.

Put 4 seeds in paper towels last night.
2 - Barneys Farm Vanilla Kush
2 - Nirvana Seeds Snow White

Both Barney's Farm seeds had cracked when i checked about 18 hours in. Impressed so far! Put both Vanilla Kush seeds in PHed Rockwood starter cubes in my propagation dome.

Vanilla Kush in the back, Snow white still in the paper towel up front
photo_2_24.JPG

After looking around a bit on the web, I think it appears to be a zinc deficiency. Maybe someone can confirm. Too high of ph can lock it out but I haven't found the too high number yet. Too much zinc can also lock out iron which may look somewhat the same.

Bassman59 said:
Well crap, maybe I'm wrong. Look at this post too:

Sqwheels' Perpetual 2L Hempy + Moms

Great source man. According to the problem solver linked on the page, it looks like a mag def. I use camg so this is strange. I think I will up it to 10 ml from 5 maybe 2 times a week?

Also I noticed it said that the best N-P-K ratio for flower is 8-16-16. I added my nutes up and came out with 8-32-23. I don't have a ppm pen but the gh table lists this at about 1000 ppm. I have never experimented with nutes so correct me if I am looking at this right. Seems to me that if I double the floramicro it will be 13-32-24, much better on the N with affecting the other two. Also switching out my GH koolbloom at 0-10-10 with a free bloom boost I got at the hydro store that is 0-5-6 will bring it down to 13-27-20. Will this work or will I screw up my micronutrients, etc... If it help the other bloom booster is

"growth technology ionic pk boost" made by hydrodynamics international.

Never heard of it personally but fuck it?

Share your knowledge wise ones!

Hi Nate.

Looking good. I don't think the spots on the leaves are bad. If they get worse, here is a place to identify what's wrong:

I fight temps too. Ideal would be around 78 degrees or less. I run at 85 and fight to get it lower all the time. Nice grow you have going. :cheer:

Hey Nate:

After looking this over and kinda think whats going on is i think two things.

1) without tds meter i think u may have over done nutes or mixed too much of one when it needed the other (deficiency)

&/or

2) nutes have cause a nutte lockout and deficiency of that nute is showing.

My suggestions:

Get a tds meter at least for now so you know what your nutes read, how strong they actually are then titrate it down or up to your liking. Your plants were looking bomb (they still are) but i donʻt wanna see you get anymore issues with them they were looking way too good, good harvest it will be.

Pick off all those sickly leaves, you donʻt need up unless its gonna make your plant look like a bald chiuaha

If you are doing hydro (sorry i forgot) i would recomend running straight water for like 2 days, then get a really good tea and run that for 2 days then fert light and see what happens.

If soil i would do what you did flush, and just give water for couple of days, also if soil sometimes its better to add non liquid ferts like guanno and such and just use water and fert once a week or longer, and supplement waterings with tea too.

I hope they get better, i know you are going to have a shi* load of stash after this, looked at back pics with screen and its amazing, go get um:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom