re: Neuro Genesis Study to Grow Dreams & Meds

There's an entire sub-forum dedicated to canna cookery Dabber. It could always use the infusion of a fresh viewpoint.
I'll check it out! Thanks sue. The she in the parenthesis is supposed to be Sue.... I'll edit it.

Hi my old friend :) I'm back. Well maybe. I'm going to gauge how well I can keep up with my journals on here. Thought I'd stop by here before I do. So happy to see you are present and active :)

Hi 420 Family, you guys been talkin' and rockin' in my thread while I am helping someone and I LOVE THAT. hahahaha.

I'm going to answer everyone's questions tomorrow as I need to continue on with a protocol and dosing recommendations.

I am likin' what I'm reading and thanks SweetSue for answering while I just step away to help a brain patient.

You guys keep me thinkin' and researchin'. We are in the the 420 Brain School of Super Thought and Neuro Hard Knocks. hahahaha.

It feels good to wake up everyday knowing I have people to answer to, whereas a year ago, I had no answers yet...

Your help in bringing me research saves me hours of search. Thank you, for investing your time, it helps everyone here.

BTW, everytime you read an article you are creating new brain cells. You are overcoming by reading about overcomers...how awesome is that.

This is just the beginning, or have we known the whole time... you be the judge... we are the Canna Communicators... information is our main ingredient... let's build a brainiac buffet of neuro knowledge... who's hungry for justice?

Love you guys... keep it brainy on a sunshiny day. ;)

Recent Blogs by Ali Le Vere, B.S., B.S. - Senior I know I posted her blogs before from greenmedinfo, love reading her perspectives. I found this is easier to post once if anyone is interested. Being a retired steamfitter, I made a living using electrons and thermodynamics. I always pissed off electricians when I would claim (their work), "wire is nothing more than pipe with fluid electron flow used for control of fluid piping systems! It's electro/pfoto/magnetic/bio-mechanical fluids flowing", half kidding! :cheesygrinsmiley: I am beginning to think I was less than half kidding. I ran from angry electricians sometimes! So, today I grounded my soil with copper pipe (10 ga wire), stuck in bottom of pots to reconnect the soil to earth. Follows the idea of walking barefoot in the mud or grass, and if it is good for me, it should be good for the plants. The dogs are on their own! Can't hurt to have a safety ground around the fans and water! Osha would be proud, sorta.

20171221_1155151grounded.jpg
Just another piece of the puzzle that could be cost effective (free). Tapped the ground at an electrical box cover and pushed the wires into the soil thru drain holes. Next spring, I'll connect to circular copper 1/4" tubing laid inside base of pots, unless I find somewhere that copper poisons soil. Organic soil, so I think it's safe. If nothing else, it's electrically safer!

I love to see people getting into the science of micro life in soils. In my journals over the time I've been on here I've talked about the importance of assisting your micro life in soil by having balanced levels of certain minerals and salts as they work as a catalyst of sorts for Mycorrhiza. But that is in the context of outdoor circumstances as those salts/minerals need charge to work as said "catalyst". I am entertaining the idea of running Himalayan Salt Lamps in my grow space as they are known for producing negative ions. Love your work G2HM!

Recent Blogs by Ali Le Vere, B.S., B.S. - Senior I know I posted her blogs before from greenmedinfo, love reading her perspectives. I found this is easier to post once if anyone is interested. Being a retired steamfitter, I made a living using electrons and thermodynamics. I always pissed off electricians when I would claim (their work), "wire is nothing more than pipe with fluid electron flow used for control of fluid piping systems! It's electro/pfoto/magnetic/bio-mechanical fluids flowing", half kidding! :cheesygrinsmiley: I am beginning to think I was less than half kidding. I ran from angry electricians sometimes! So, today I grounded my soil with copper pipe (10 ga wire), stuck in bottom of pots to reconnect the soil to earth. Follows the idea of walking barefoot in the mud or grass, and if it is good for me, it should be good for the plants. The dogs are on their own! Can't hurt to have a safety ground around the fans and water! Osha would be proud, sorta.

I smell a science experiment coming on. One seed in grounded soil side-by-side with an ungrounded one!

you know it's funny, I just brought home a himalayan salt candle from Sundays' family white elephant party! I wondered what it did!! Back out to the garbage and look for it!

Hey G2HM, any tips on how to make taking ACV easier? I found over time it made my throat raw and couldn’t figure out how to get around that.

Also had to mention that my registration is in the mail, so I’ll post up a link when I get my new journal up, which will definitely be happening before the new year!

*Hi DW, love that you're back, I always have to do a double take just in case I'm dreamin'. ;)

*They recommend that you take one teaspoon with a full glass a water, combine them and down the hatch. I like to eat a piece of toast after. Hope that helps.

Because I genuinely care about my family of Brainiacs...

-------------------------------

Super FOOD for THOUGHT! - Brainiac Green Juice 1.0 (More versions to come)

Created to introduce Cannabinoids (Neuro Genisis) into the system, without the taste, without the high, and using everyday fruits and veggies available to patients in a hurry. Great for first time users whom are brain patients, elderly, and nervous overall.

Here is my juice recipe I have created to use organic leaves for the healing compounds that IS in Cannabis. Secret's Out!

(There is no chance at “getting high” that is a myth and needs to stay in the dark ages)

This fruit blend has a smoothie texture and is very sweet. Especially for fussy food eaters like me, there must be enough fruit to match the bitter of the spinach and kale. That is the secret to creating this juice, adjust your levels to your taste. Also, if you are on meds, this juice is acidic, it may just clear you right out.

EAT with bread or food to help you digest if you have a tender digestion. What’s important is that we need to detox our system of chemicals with superfood, and that is also a carrier for the THCA to get absorbed throughout the body. (look up bioavailability).

If you have a bad gut…

You are creating a super food drink with pulp. YOU need as much green, veggies and leaves to battle your gut issues where your immune system is located. If we have bad guts, it takes longer to heal. We essentially have to heal our guts first in order for the body to start sending compounds to other parts of the body. This would be so good for her, she can modify, but cutting is labour intensive. I just sit down first and get prep ready. 

Tips & Tricks – Secrets to my Success (always being updated, share your secrets too)

*Take 1 shot of this green juice, 3 times a day.

*Leaves must be rinsed with water, not washed.

*Take out stems that won't blend in a juicer.

*This should be enough for juice shots for 1-2 months (not sure).

*You want to pack your blender with soft stuff on the bottom and hard stuff up top, gently pushing it down. If it gets too thick in the blender add juice to soften it down. I do it in batches, and fill up the cups as I go. I hope you love it. 

*I use this green juice as a shotglass chaser to oil dosing so I can remember to take it.

*I freeze half of it because I drink so much of it fast in the summer.

*I store the juice in individual reusable plastic cups with tight lids (dollarstore).

*I love freezing it in ice cubes trays in the summer to keep my head temperature down in the summer.

*It makes me about 10-12 big cups of juice/fruit blend. 10 juice shots per cup, approximately. 1 shot, 3 times a day, or more.

*If your body craves the juice drink more. Listen to what your body says by how it reacts. Then cater this recipe to suit your needs. Make it your own.

*Take cup out of the freezer 24 hours before you need the juice. 
Keep it stirred and chilled, just like our lifestyle.

Ingredients for my Brainiac Green Juice Recipe

REALITY CHECK: It would be nice if everything was organic, but brain patients can’t afford it. So I’m sayin’ that organic cannabis leaves are sometimes the best we can do. What’s more important is getting the super food and oil regimen into our bodies because brain diseases rob patients of all of our financial resources, savings and careers.

*Rinse organic leaves, do not wash them with soap. 

*Use up to 15 - 20 Frozen or FRESH Fan leaves
 (NO DECARB necessary).

*For brain cancer I would double the amount of leaves. The more leaves you add the more Cannabinoids THCA will exist and will slightly change the taste, please adjust to your liking. 

1 bunch of spinach - include all

1 bunch of kale
 - include all

1 whole pineapple cored (had to buy packed PA when it’s not in season)

1 lemon – cut quarters and pealed

1 sm slice of ginger root (the more you use the healthier it is and adds heat, but changes taste)

5 apples
 - sliced (keep skins on)
8 oranges – cut first then peeled (or it gets bitter)

1 cup of Orange juice

1 cup of 
Whatever juice you want to add.

*It tastes very sweet and no bitter residue in your mouth.

*It makes me feel like I can do anything in life.

*You will feel a jolt of super neuro hero patient and caregiver emergy.

*YOU CAN INCREASE THE EFFECTIVENESS OF THE JUICE THROUGH EXERCISE AND STUDY!

*HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR CAREGIVERS TOO – no “getting high” possible at all.

*Have a super neuro hero party and make juice and oil. 

*feel free to ask questions...

-----------------------------

THCA: The Real Reason You Should Be Eating Raw Cannabis

Anna Wilcox

Have you ever tried raw cannabis juice or a smoothie? Fresh, uncured, and unheated cannabis is rich in compounds called cannabinoid acids. Unlike the heated, cured, and aged stuff, cannabinoid acids do not get you high. Rather, they provide a whole lot of health benefit without any change in consciousness. THCA is one of the most abundant cannabinoid acids, often totaling up to 20 percent of the bud. Here’s what you need to know about THCA and what it might benefit.

What is tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA)?

Most people familiar with cannabis know that the herb is commonly smoked. After an especially long day, there’s nothing quite like coming home to a little cannabis. Smoking flower or dabbing concentrates, however, are limited, though lovely, ways to enjoy the herb.

As it turns out, there may be some benefit to raw cannabis. Raw cannabis is cannabis that has been uncured and unheated. When fresh and unheated, the resin glands (trichomes) of the cannabis plant are rich in compounds called cannabinoid acids.

One of the most abundant is tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA), which is the precursor to the famous psychoactive, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).

Fresh cannabis that is not heated and has not been aged does not contain much THC – if any at all. Instead, the cannabinoid present on the cannabis plant as THCA. THCA is considered non-psychoactive, meaning that it does not cause a “high” when you consume or inhale the cannabinoid.

In order to experience a psychoactive high from cannabis, the bud or leaves need to be heated. Heat stimulates a process called decarboxylation, in which temperature transforms THCA into the more famous compound, THC. It’s THC that has the mind-altering effects, not THCA. THC is a breakdown product of THCA.

Unfortunately, most of the research on cannabis has focused on psychoactive THC. However, in recent years, raw cannabis has become significantly more trendy.

What is THCA good for?

There is much research to be done on THCA. As things stand now, however, preclinical research has uncovered a wide variety of potential uses for THCA. THCA has demonstrated a wide variety of beneficial effects on the endocannabinoid system (ECS). The endocannabinoid system has been described as the largest neurotransmitter network in the body.

According to one source, THCA has a wider variety of effects on the ECS than both THC and CBD. Some of these roles include anti-spasmodic effects, anticonvulsant effects, anti-insomnia effects, and is reported to be immune supportive.

However, there is slightly more substantial evidence that THCA may hold potential in the following areas:

1. Anti-cancer

One way to evaluate the potential of cannabinoids is to know what these compounds do for the cannabis plant. Raw THCA has been found to produce necrosis in plant cells, which means that the cannabinoid seems to help the plant prune off dead or dying cells.

The human immune system has similar functions, inducing what is called “programmed cell death” when cells become too damaged, aged, or diseased. In cancer cells, this programmed cell death malfunctions. This means that diseased cells fail to die when they are supposed to, and they continue to proliferate.

One 2013 study in cell cultures and animal models found that THCA inhibited the proliferation of prostate cancer cells. This fits in line with additional research which has found that cannabinoids, in general, seem to express anti-proliferative effects in various forms of cancer.

In the majority of pre-clinical studies (cell cultures and animal models) have shown that THC, not THCA, seems to have the most potent effects on cancer cells. Yet, with its necrosis-promoting characteristics in the plant itself, this anti-inflammatory cannabinoid is speculated to potentially contribute to a healthy environment inside the body.

This potentially includes cancer prevention, through high-quality scientific studies are sorely needed.

2. Insecticide

To the cannabis plant, cannabinoids act as an external immune and defense system. Researchers speculate that THCA is a natural insecticide, repelling unwanted predators.

Though most people heat their cannabis products, this is a good reason to consider adding some raw cannabis oil to a skin cream to repel summertime pests. This also might give THCA a future in pest management products.

3. Anti-inflammatory

Like many of the over 113 cannabinoids in the cannabis plant, THCA is considered a potent anti-inflammatory. As an anti-inflammatory, THCA has a wide variety of potential uses. Inflammation is thought to be one of the root problems of modern disease.

Though a little inflammation is a healthy response to stress, accident, injury, or illness, systemic inflammation is speculated to contribute to everything from depression to autoimmune diseases.

4. Neuroprotective antioxidant

The U.S. Federal Government already admits that cannabinoids are neuroprotective antioxidants. Yet, using cannabis to keep your brain healthy is not a trend that has readily been passed down to everyone. Research shows that cannabis does not have to be psychoactive to reap this potent antioxidant. Raw THCA is an antioxidant, too.

An antioxidant is a compound that helps neutralize harmful compounds called free radicals. Free radicals are pollutants and toxins that are thought to contribute to a host of medical problems, including aging.

Preclinical research from 2012 has found that THCA seems to somehow neutralize damage caused by oxidative neurotoxins that are used to model Parkinson’s Disease. Though research has yet to be thoroughly completed, this is a good sign that THCA has potential use in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases caused by oxidative stress.

5. Anti-emetic

It’s not uncommon for patients and cannabis-fans alike to turn to the herb for relief from a bad stomach ache or a bout of vomiting. As luck might have it, raw cannabis may be a helpful nausea-fighter as well.

Early research suggests that THCA is an anti-emetic, which means that those experiencing nausea, vomiting, and appetite loss may not have to get high to find symptom relief.

6. Analgesic

Though it’s a bit early to say, preclinical research has discovered that THCA seems to engage with a key type of cell receptor that contributes to the ability to feel and experience pain.

Research has found that, somehow, THCA seems to act on the TRPA1 receptor. This receptor part of what enables humans and animals to respond to environmental irritants like pain, temperature, and itching sensation.

If early research is any indication, raw cannabis and THCA may be especially appreciated by those with painful muscle cramping and tension conditions. Not only is there some evidence that THCA can reduce pain, bit it is also expected to calm muscle spasms.

How do you use THCA?

To get the most out of THCA, many consumers juice or blend raw cannabis leaves and/or bud. To draw from Dr. William Courtney, ingesting raw cannabis means that consumers can take in over 1,000 times more beneficial cannabinoid acids than they can when consuming psychoactive THC.

Some argue that activated THC is actually more bioavailable (usable) for the body, which is why it takes so little to produce beneficial effects. Yet, in anecdotal cases, many medical cannabis patients find incorporating raw cannabis into their diet a useful addition to other treatments.

Many cannabis consumers take full advantage of the THCA in their unwanted fan leaves or buds through:

Juicing
Blending
Steep in warm water for a tea
Using as a garnish
Incorporating THCA into salads and dressings

You can simply throw a few leaves into your morning smoothie or collect fresh buds to put into a juicer for a potent anti-inflammatory drink.

FORGOT ALL THE IMPORTANT JUICE PICTURES...duuuh, sorry brainiacs, no bueno.

Whew, tremendous work, girl....very straightforward and well written....

Question: Do you place fan leaves in the freezer after harvest, thaw, and then make a batch of juice?

Do you pluck random leaves off plants that are in flower, or in veg....

*I now stack my leaves over each other after they are washed, then layer with new paper towel with the next time I defoliate and add leaves to this ongoing ziploc bag. I just recently used to throw them in a ziploc and forget about them, but now they are just too important, I must continue to wash them right away and place them for future ready to use, cause there are so many of them by the end of the harvest. Then you save yourself all that prep when it's time for juice, which is prep heavy too for me.

*I only start collecting from my first defol on. As more THCA is produced the more leaves I will collect. Early on in the veg time there isn't much THCA but there are so many benefits to have plant goodness that I use it all. Some times I do take the stems off later in flower because they become quite stiff, hard to blend. But other than that, I use 90 % of the leaves from the first defol up to harvesting the plant.

*When you lightly rinse, do not wash heavily, you want to retain as much of the plant cannabinoids as possible.

Oh yeah..... Impressive. :bravo: That took heart and passion.

Shawnee, I pluck random buds from all over the plant. Popcorn can be a friend when you're looking for a quick grab, but top colas give the highest value of THCa due to the density.

I believe Dr. Courtney suggests about 1/2 ounce of fresh bud a day to keep just about anything at bay. Wouldn't it be wonderful to be able to supply that kind of need?

It's worth noting that some patients may have a sensitivity to the barbs on the leaves. It's not very common, but it's something to keep in mind if stomach distress becomes an issue.

Also, THCa is what they call an "unstable molecule", meaning it will aggressively begin to convert to THC. Remember, decarb is a function of time and heat. Given enough time THCa in topical form will begin to convert. Any tinctures or creams or drinks containing THCa for medicinal benefit belong in the fridge.

I found it fascinating that THCa does for plant cells what THC does for human cells. What elegance of creation. The beauty of a plan that has the molecules transferable from plant to human amazes me. Cannabinoids heal, whether plant or animal. :circle-of-love:

*1/2 ounce of fresh bud a day? wowzers, that is a tall order. I understand why it's so important. Thank you for chiming in, I love learning. Great to have you here SweetSue, been a super busy week. ;)

very eloquent, Sue.....thanks for the info....I want to take 2018 by storm, face my medible fears, spend more time healing me with the oils, so that I can be more functional, knowledgeable, and a better caregiver for the new year....:thanks:

*If you low dose and stick to my percentage recommendations, we will get you past that fear. This is why I'm here. I'm conquering my fears here everyday. There is so much going on in the background that I laugh at bad news now. I'm on oil, I know I'm going to be okay. That is the reassurance I want you to feel, but you have to get through the bad to get to the good. There is always a reward waiting for you when you conquer your fears.

*2018 is YOUR year, YOUR choice, YOUR health. Everything shifts when you put your health first. Patients helping Patients!

Great input sue thanks for the share! And lady G I am ecstatic to put my first fresh produce in the blender ��. Great tutorial (as always). Screen shot and into the perminent pertenant file ��

*Yaaay, another canna juice converter... have fun with it. Dare I say, serve it to a canna party in the summer and you could be a really popular guy... on top of the magnitude of your positive attitude... juice like it's going out of style.

ditto!!!!

*I had to laugh when I saw this...cute.

Im honestly nervous to huck a it in but shoot.... it's gonna take my morning home made Jamba juice to the next level!!

I was telling ITS aka in the shed, I may start a purley cooking thread soon (if Sue hasn't already) I have found that fresh fan leaves on pizza are amazing. Sue has her omelette reciepe. My wife has a cheddar green Chile corn bread reciepe that calls for a half cup oil and can be made with infused EVOO. And I have a chili reciepe to accompany. Is this something people would be into? If so let me know and I'll get it up and running tomorrow!

*YES

oh hell yes, TMD...I plan to address the medible arena full blown this new year....Bong Appetit is my favorite program on the Viceland channel where they cook an entire meal with cannabis and it totally blows me away....bringing people together (I love to cook) over cannabis is so very cool....bring it on....!

*AWESOME!

There's an entire sub-forum dedicated to canna cookery Dabber. It could always use the infusion of a fresh viewpoint.

*Yes, and I will try stuff out too TMD.

I'll check it out! Thanks sue. The she in the parenthesis is supposed to be Sue.... I'll edit it.

*HAHAHAHA made me laugh...

Hi my old friend :) I'm back. Well maybe. I'm going to gauge how well I can keep up with my journals on here. Thought I'd stop by here before I do. So happy to see you are present and active :)

*I made it through a harvest Growlow, now I'm making oil, now I'm teaching patients how to make oil, I'm helping people now, lil ole me, the one who used to burn her plants to a stick...hahahahaha My husband still remembers you, he says hi too. He's never forgotten...

*REPS FOR RESEARCH - You are making life easier on me. Wow, your contribution is noted, and PRAISED! :Namaste:

*Hey walleye, you seem to have the aptitude for a project I saw. Have you tried to make colloidal silver for reversing plants? I just know in my head that you could this experiment no problem. Then I could write about your experiment.

20171221_1155151grounded.jpg
Just another piece of the puzzle that could be cost effective (free). Tapped the ground at an electrical box cover and pushed the wires into the soil thru drain holes. Next spring, I'll connect to circular copper 1/4" tubing laid inside base of pots, unless I find somewhere that copper poisons soil. Organic soil, so I think it's safe. If nothing else, it's electrically safer!

*I really don't think copper is harmful to soil, in fact it keeps slugs away from your garden. In fact, I think copper may be a welcome addition to your nutrients. I think even silver may be an immune booster because the collidal silver says on the bottle, fights auto-immune diseases.

I love to see people getting into the science of micro life in soils. In my journals over the time I've been on here I've talked about the importance of assisting your micro life in soil by having balanced levels of certain minerals and salts as they work as a catalyst of sorts for Mycorrhiza. But that is in the context of outdoor circumstances as those salts/minerals need charge to work as said "catalyst". I am entertaining the idea of running Himalayan Salt Lamps in my grow space as they are known for producing negative ions. Love your work G2HM!

*Thank you humbly Growlow, that means tonnes coming from you. You are welcome here to the brain-a-riffic bunch of awesome followers who lead this thread with positivity and research for brain rehabilitation. I'm very proud of how far we have come and I hope you can share you story one day here. Much luv for you and your family.

I smell a science experiment coming on. One seed in grounded soil side-by-side with an ungrounded one!

*I LOOOOVE science experiments. Who ever does science experiments, I will write about your project to blog. How about that??? ;)

*And even a Canna-salad... the possbilities are endless. REPS FOR RESEARCH. :thanks:

Hi G2 this thread is crazy busy and soo much great work by all.

Seasonal greetings :xmas: to you and yours.

*HAHAHAHA you said crazy busy. I think of it as "Crazee Buzz to the Knee's" hahahahaha Thanks so much Oldbear, another year solving mysteries together. Have a great Holly-daze Oldbear!:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom