What Boo said! Also, is the slightly droopy one drying out more slowly than the other two? It has a bit of that overwatered look some plants get when the roots stay damp too long.

Dunno about that random growth but plants will often find a way to send out new growth after they've been stressed, so that's probably just the plant reacting to the topping.

Great work on those pretty ladies, Nev- that quad training looks just about perfect!
32 days old and not flowering yet- that's always a good thing with autos.
I think it's going to get pretty crowded in there in a month or so...

You know I like trying new things though so...
And your really hands on with your plants. Pretty sure you would enjoy it.
:ciao: Your autos are looking fantastic Nev! :high-five:
Thank you for the kindness Boo! And for stopping in! :high-five: I always find a lot of inspiration from your plants.

What Boo said! Also, is the slightly droopy one drying out more slowly than the other two? It has a bit of that overwatered look some plants get when the roots stay damp too long.
:thanks:
The droopy plant was completely dry as both plants were very ready for water. Both plants had a little of the dry droopy look in the morning so I just gave them the light water and she goes into the overwater look. Tap water, Cal-Mag and mosquito bits. I have no idea.

Nev- that quad training looks just about perfect!
32 days old and not flowering yet- that's always a good thing with autos.
I think it's going to get pretty crowded
ThankYou Carcass! This is the fun part now.

I know 32 days and hardly showing any pistols at all. I’m already a little worried about it.
I wrote in my personal hard copy journal about 5 days ago this probably should have been a 2 plant grow. :laughtwo:

They all look nice, Nev!

I agree with @Carcass. It's about to get pretty crowded in there. :Rasta:

Help!!!
I’ve still got one unhappy Banner.

It’s now Day 38 on the Weed Seeds Express Bruce Banner autos.
3gallon fabric with organic soil.
Feed Geoflora veg now on Bloom feeding 1/3 cup every 12 days.
Tap water w/ 5mg Cal-Mag+ 2-0-0 and mosquito bits per gallon.
light MarsHydro SP3000 running at 75% power 18/6 hours and 12 inches from tops. 44,000 on the LUX meter.
One 6” fan running 24/7, one inline fresh air fan runs at night when lights out and the tent closed up.
Temps and R/H with lights on runs 73f-85f R/H 41%-63%. Lights Out 74f-65f and R/H 57%-69%.

I seem to be really struggling with these 3g pots and getting the watering correct.
The pots were fairly heavy with water when the germinated seeds were planted then not given any water until their next feeding in 10 days. I then slowly filled the pots to capacity with water. After that they have only been watered a couple times and only when showing a fairly heavy droop and light pots. I only water in the early AM.

The sad plant doesn’t drink as much as the other two and I always soak the pot to just a touch of runoff.
Yesterday morning she was in full dry droop and pot so light you could blow it over. I gave her 48ozs of water to a slight runoff and she went from that Dry look to an over watered look within the hour.
Today she looks just a little better but still that too much water look. I’ve also noticed her growth Is not as rapid as the other two any longer and the youngest has caught her and now surpassing her in size.

I know not much of an update but the other two are doing well and the unhappy one is getting the best of me. I will give a better update on all in the next day or two.

If anyone has any suggestions or help I desperately could use it at this time. :peace::love:

Just photos of the pissy one today.

9AB4D284-4B73-4178-AEFF-8AF033205807.jpeg

A3ED5207-13AA-4962-9A34-CE924109999F.jpeg

D66854F0-CDE2-4B4A-8376-00063EFF4C3A.jpeg

4536828B-CFFE-4067-BE39-D814E1BBDF1F.jpeg

Help!!!

light MarsHydro SP3000 running at 75% power 18/6 hours and 12 inches from tops. 44,000 on the LUX meter.
One 6” fan running 24/7, one inline fresh air fan runs at night when lights out and the tent closed up.
Temps and R/H with lights on runs 73f-85f R/H 41%-63%. Lights Out 74f-65f and R/H 57%-69%.

I seem to be really struggling with these 3g pots and getting the watering correct.
The pots were fairly heavy with water when the germinated seeds were planted then not given any water until their next feeding in 10 days. I then slowly filled the pots to capacity with water. After that they have only been watered a couple times and only when showing a fairly heavy droop and light pots. I only water in the early AM.

The sad plant doesn’t drink as much as the other two and I always soak the pot to just a touch of runoff.
Yesterday morning she was in full dry droop and pot so light you could blow it over. I gave her 48ozs of water to a slight runoff and she went from that Dry look to an over watered look within the hour.
Today she looks just a little better but still that too much water look. I’ve also noticed her growth Is not as rapid as the other two any longer and the youngest has caught her and now surpassing her in size.

I know not much of an update but the other two are doing well and the unhappy one is getting the best of me. I will give a better update on all in the next day or two.

If anyone has any suggestions or help I desperately could use it at this time. :peace::love:

My two cents, Nev, try just watering her around the edges for a while. It sounds like she may have a smallish root ball. See if you can get it to grow out toward the edge of the pot a bit more.

Disclaimer: All of my suggestions are for souvenir purposes only. :Rasta:

Help!!!

Could just be a finicky girl. Odd one in almost every bunch. Could also be a pH issue? Have you checked, that was one # I didn't see in your breakdown.

My two cents, Nev, try just watering her around the edges for a while. It sounds like she may have a smallish root ball. See if you can get it to grow out toward the edge of the pot a bit more.

Disclaimer: All of my suggestions are for souvenir purposes only. :Rasta:
Two cents I’d happily pay a nickel for right now GDB!:love: I do believe you hit on something right there. I’m going to try just doing the edges on her and most likely more often and stay away from the center and see how that worksout.

Could also be a pH issue? Have you checked, that was one # I didn't see in your breakdown.
That is a good question! I did a pH check a couple years ago and it was average though I don’t recall exactly.
Now I may be incorrect some here but as I‘m growing 100% organic I’m under the impression that the pH is not of a big concern unless maybe it was really out of whack. Maybe I need a pH check.
Odd one in almost every bunch
Krissi! You talking about me or the plant?:cheesygrinsmiley:

Day 38
Now I feel bad about not showing the family as of today. #2 just got watered a few hours ago and now I’ve just finished weaving tucking pulling and 2 very small leaf clips on them all.

955113FE-754E-416F-80DB-946BBAB57A11.jpeg

I know it's not as big of an issue or concern. I have heard of organic growers having to add dolomite in as an amendment in certain instances with a pH issue.

And I meant all of it plants, you, me and the rest of us on here lol

Girls are shameful you tried to hide them away. Tell them I said they are beautiful

Hi Nev, your girls are all a healthy color. I've found in my auto grows that they don't necessarily enjoy the higher temps or humidity. I think your humidity may be a little high for them? GDB is correct about watering around the edges so you should do that. Also, I always mix up a gallon of nutrients for my plants in final pots. I water 2 cups or so around the edges, walk away for 15 mins, go back and do it again, etc. But I always, always get a good amount of runoff - and I want that. When they are at peak flower their may be once or twice when the plant will hold into an entire gallon (in a 3 gal pot) but that is not a constant occurrence. Hope that's helpful.

I know it's not as big of an issue or concern. I have heard of organic growers having to add dolomite in as an amendment in certain instances with a pH issue.

And I meant all of it plants, you, me and the rest of us on here lol

Girls are shameful you tried to hide them away. Tell them I said they are beautiful
Thank You Krissi! I need to look into all of this but I don’t even own a pH pen anymore. :laughtwo:
And thank you for looking at the detail of what the problem may be.:thanks:

I've found in my auto grows that they don't necessarily enjoy the higher temps or humidity. I think your humidity may be a little high for them? GDB is correct about watering around the edges so you should do that. Also, I always mix up a gallon of nutrients for my plants in final pots. I water 2 cups or so around the edges, walk away for 15 mins, go back and do it again, etc. But I always, always get a good amount of runoff - and I want that. When they are at peak flower their may be once or twice when the plant will hold into an entire gallon (in a 3 gal pot) but that is not a constant occurrence.
This is all great information Boo!
I feel better now knowing that we have similar watering techniques. Though I do water extremely slow I stop as soon as the runoff begins.
Am I missing out on some beneficial benefit to having a runoff?

I can easily adjust the humidity by venting the door during the day and I can keep it down at night with the exhaust fan on so I will bring that humidity down a little. :)

Hope that's helpful.
Are you Kidding? Absolutely!
:hug:

Am I missing out on some beneficial benefit to having a runoff?
I don’t think so…In my first few grows I had a problem with overwatering so I’m Uber conscious of doing so, which is part of the reason I want a good runoff. Also, I’ve learned from members here that with autos you want to get them ramped up on nutes in a little more accelerated manner since they really only veg about 3-4 weeks before flowering. That means I start feeding them small amounts after the second set of true leaves appear, ramp it up when the third set show up, and then about that time I‘m waiting for pistils to start showing. I keep my autos in a solo cup until they show me the slightest hint of flower and then immediately top and transplant to their final container. That is a system that I am comfortable with - I can see the roots, and I have very good control on watering/feeding. Once they are in their final container, I still want to ramp the nutrients up (and I’m talking about MC and Prescription Blend). But, if I’ve got a 3 gallon pot that is filled with liquid then it’s going to stay like that for likely 6 or more days with my little flowering sprout in it, and I’d rather it get dry in 3 days or so. I feel like getting a good runoff helps with that. The roots are reaching for the edges of the pot and there’s way more liquid in there than they need at that point. Then I can water again and bump the nutes quicker. The last few sentences are based on my personal instinct, so there’s that. Hopefully that makes sense.

I had a problem with overwatering
That’s my opposite. I’ve always been an under waterer but this is my first time using 3gals. I’m now guessing an over saturated pot to when the germinated seeds were planted. I may also really think about starting them in solos.

You could also try raising the other pots and the light to keep them the same distance, which will create more distance to the droopy one. Leaf edges pointing up and leaves bending down could mean they're getting more than they need.
That’s it Shed! I’ve also thought about that. I just needed you to get me going on it. I’m going in right now and get that done.

They all look damn good, Nev- even the problem child...

Here's something to try on that odd one-
The next time you water the problem child, water around the edges to a little runoff...then sit the fabric pot on a folded up towel for half an hour or so- this will wick out any excess water sitting at the bottom of the pot, maybe give the roots a chance to breathe a little better.
You may have to water that one more often if you do this, but the roots will thank you for it...

It’s day 44 on the Bruce Banner autos.

Thank you all for looking in and hopefully your day is filled with peace and happiness.

Everyone is in full on stretch mode right now and #2 & #3 are now drinking right at 2 1/2 liters every two days in the 3gal fabric pots. All tree plants to me seem just a little soft on the leaves and don’t stand as erect as I like to see them.

As always they receive mosquito bits and Cal-Mag+ in every watering. This time I added a little less then 1/2 tablespoon of Epson Salts as a couple of the older leaves show a bit of yellowing. Just a precaution as this is the 1st auto grow with the Geoflora nutrients that I haven’t had a bout with yellowing.

The #1 plant stands as erect as the other two but her leaves still look like Curley Kale salad crossed with an alligator back.
Though she doesn’t drink as much as the others I now believe that her issues may have been from the light intensity and she did not like as much as the other two. One other plant shows a tiny bit of that on a couple leaves. She is continuing to develop just not as quickly as the other two. I actually went in and cut a good number of the upper leaves out of her and it helped her a lot. I was a litt worried another hitting her so hard in the beginning flower stage.

Next feeding will be Wednesday and I’m going to up the quantity of the nutes just a touch as it just got a little less expensive thanks to a very generous gift from a very valued an respected #420mag member.
Thank you for all of bags of the Geoflora veg and bloom.
:adore::hug:

I’ve taken everyones suggestions and help and have applied them and it really seems to be helping. Thank you all again. It’s been a huge help. I worked the lights, humidity, temps, water and lowed a pot. Even tried some Litmus paper to no avail on my tap water.
But I’m still looking:)

So as of now I just finished watering and I’m going to raise my light another 1/2” or so and see if I can get them to perk just a little more.:love:

Kids are coming over shortly with the little ones so I’m going to get medicated up now cuz I don’t get a break after they arrive.

Couple picks here from yesterday and todays water bottle.

Stay safe be friendly and share your :love:

622FCCF7-3DFB-4505-BEF2-43F3AE37EA34.jpeg

3293DEE7-A128-4602-AF39-3DA37D0D661A.jpeg

CA732140-4803-4950-B8AA-52E9B706A109.jpeg

071476AE-DB7F-4E75-90DA-B2113E8F3B29.jpeg

Wow! Seems like forever since I’ve been here but sometimes all the holidays get the best of me and I just need time. Like don’t we all.

I have stayed busy in the grow room and everything I had going on is complete dried and in cure.
So to catch up and recap is what I have for everyone that has been so kind to follow along offer help and encouragement. It has been truly appreciated.

The last plant a DarkDevil auto came down on January 1st at 86 days. After a wash a half hour of drip dry I trimmed her up to thumb nail sized nugs and put her into three #6 size brown bags and into the fridge along with the Mutant DDa and most of the Chocolate Skunk that are in jars with cheese cloth lid covers.

After less then 2 weeks the small amount of Skunk that was in a bag and then shortly all the DDa that was in the fridge in the bags were ready to go in jars win the r/h in the low to mid 60s. The bagged was finished much quicker then what was in the jars. I then took the Chocolate Skunk out of the jars and bagged it. It finished right up then.———So the bagged L&S dries much faster then the jared L&S.

I‘ll drop a few pictures of the last photos of this grow of the DarkDevils and the Chocolate Skunk auto dripping the goo. She had gooey resin drops all over her.

It all Finished up kinda this.

DarkDevil mutant went 64 days above ground weighing 14.7 grams in jar at 61%r/h.

DarkDevil auto went 86 days above ground and gave up 83.2 grams / 2.94 ounces at 67%r/h

Chocolate Skunk auto went 87 days above ground weighed out at 115.1 grams / 4.09ozs at 64%r/h

Im very pleased to add these jars to my smoking pleasures.

DC17671A-9536-4585-9CEB-D6D9CB6D41C6.jpeg

BD15A2C6-28A4-4092-8A9B-05B0119AAC4E.jpeg

159EC2DB-4A8A-4541-96E1-685D16182DED.jpeg

69F5F788-0034-41F9-8AA6-D54CAAF2B8BF.jpeg

FC515BC3-F9ED-4717-9F1C-6BA90EFD767A.jpeg

075F727B-BB6C-40DB-B012-02E7CEF2CACE.jpeg
Beautiful harvest Nev
I never considered quading an auto before seeing yours! They look like they want to yield plenty! Nice work!

Back
Top Bottom