Your ladies are gorgeous Nev. I’m curious when you are taking your photo. Is it right before lights out? If so, it could possibly be light fatigue? I’ve watched it over and over again and didn’t know what it was until, well, I mentioned it in my journal. The only thing in your recent post that caught my eye was this:
Next feeding will be Wednesday and I’m going to up the quantity of the nutes just a touch
How do you know the next feeding will be Wednesday? I only ask because I base feedings on the weight of the pot which I check every day. Perhaps you should let them dry out a little? :cheesygrinsmiley: :peace:

It’s day 44 on the Bruce Banner autos.

Thank you all for looking in and hopefully your day is filled with peace and happiness.

Everyone is in full on stretch mode right now and #2 & #3 are now drinking right at 2 1/2 liters every two days in the 3gal fabric pots. All tree plants to me seem just a little soft on the leaves and don’t stand as erect as I like to see them.

As always they receive mosquito bits and Cal-Mag+ in every watering. This time I added a little less then 1/2 tablespoon of Epson Salts as a couple of the older leaves show a bit of yellowing. Just a precaution as this is the 1st auto grow with the Geoflora nutrients that I haven’t had a bout with yellowing.

The #1 plant stands as erect as the other two but her leaves still look like Curley Kale salad crossed with an alligator back.
Though she doesn’t drink as much as the others I now believe that her issues may have been from the light intensity and she did not like as much as the other two. One other plant shows a tiny bit of that on a couple leaves. She is continuing to develop just not as quickly as the other two. I actually went in and cut a good number of the upper leaves out of her and it helped her a lot. I was a litt worried another hitting her so hard in the beginning flower stage.

Next feeding will be Wednesday and I’m going to up the quantity of the nutes just a touch as it just got a little less expensive thanks to a very generous gift from a very valued an respected #420mag member.
Thank you for all of bags of the Geoflora veg and bloom.
:adore::hug:

:thanks:
I’ve taken everyones suggestions and help and have applied them and it really seems to be helping. Thank you all again. It’s been a huge help. I worked the lights, humidity, temps, water and lowed a pot. Even tried some Litmus paper to no avail on my tap water.
But I’m still looking:)

So as of now I just finished watering and I’m going to raise my light another 1/2” or so and see if I can get them to perk just a little more.:love:

Kids are coming over shortly with the little ones so I’m going to get medicated up now cuz I don’t get a break after they arrive.

Couple picks here from yesterday and todays water bottle.

Stay safe be friendly and share your :love:

622FCCF7-3DFB-4505-BEF2-43F3AE37EA34.jpeg

3293DEE7-A128-4602-AF39-3DA37D0D661A.jpeg

CA732140-4803-4950-B8AA-52E9B706A109.jpeg

071476AE-DB7F-4E75-90DA-B2113E8F3B29.jpeg
If I was a bee....I would totally bump into those ladies... Nice looking plants

Beautiful harvest Nev
:thanks:Stoney, The DarkDevil was an extremely fun grow with tons of anticipation. And even with the Mutant I’m very happy with the outcome.
The best flavor and smell of a smoke I’ve had in ages and the appearance is sensational.
It takes me back as a child in the kitchen with my grandmother canning her apricot preserves. I love the smell.
The Mutant was tiny but has the most flavor and aroma. There’s the Plus! I’m about to grind some for my daily jars. (pick below)
Except for the droopy leaves they look great! Budsites galore
Right?! That's a lot of bud sites for sure!
Shed / Krissi :high-five: Thank You!
I may be living with the droops but the buds are coming to life. And when it’s all done it’s all about the Bud!
I’m curious when you are taking your photo
Most all my photos are taken early in the morning shortly after the lights come on. Usually I’ve already been in and doing training but they are droopy before I even start.
(below is a pic from this morning within 15 min of the light coming on)
How do you know the next feeding will be Wednesday? I only ask because I base feedings on the weight of the pot which I check every day. Perhaps you should let them dry out a little?
That’s a good question Boo! To keep it easy and organic I’ve chosen the Geoflora nutes that are a top dressing. The manufacturer suggests you top feed every 14 days and I’ve gone with a 12 day Interval.
I scratch up the soil before and after every feeding. So far it’s always worked out that they have needed water at the time of the feeding but I don’t believe it’s an actual requirement that water has to be given at the time of the dressing.:straightface:
I do lift my pots almost daily and they have always been very light and dry droopy on the leaves. In all honesty I do believe I’ve always been an underwaterer so I really don’t get it. The #1 plant could have been over watered but it has been very carefully cared for now for a month.
I just don’t get it and your help is very appreciated.:love::meditate:
If I was a bee....I would totally bump into those ladies... Nice looking plants
Thank you HH88:hug:
Any time you have an inkling to buzz by your more then welcome to have some protected bumping at my house.
:thanks:

B7DE091A-DC99-4B80-A7D2-91C4A25F7E80.jpeg

DED93737-03B6-4BFE-9911-770F510BEBF1.jpeg

10BD73A5-DE19-495D-BFCF-DAE38AFB27F8.jpeg

That’s the DarkDevil 60 days in the jar. Going to grind some now.
:passitleft:
Knew it...man I wish we could teleport. Happy smoking ok that yum yum :passitleft:thanks for the pass friend

BruceBanner autos on Day 48:)

Winter!
Its F’ing cold here in the Pacific Northwest. The furnace in my house has literally not turned off in 24 hours and it hasn’t been over 66f / 19c inside. I can’t begin to tell you how much I dislike the cold. My electric bill this month will definitely impact any excess’s I’d hoped for next month.:rolleyes:

Everything is actually going quite well even though #1 still looks like a pile of Kale but and I’m going to stop fussing about it. She is what she is!
l have all the plants at the same height again and will continue on keeping the Canopies at the same level.

Dinner and Drinks
Today was a water and feed day. All three plants received 1/3 cup of the Geoflora Bloom for their top dressing in their 3gal fabric pots. I scratch the soil up good before and after each feeding of the nutrients. The drinks consist of tap water infused with mosquito bits and a few mils of Cal-Mag+ (2-0-0).
#1 and 2 both filled up on 96ozs of the concoction while #3 that’s a couple days younger only wanted 72ozs.

The MarsHydro SP3000 has now been turned up to 100% power and sits right at 12” from the top of the plants. I will leave it here for a spell and see how everyone reacts. The Lux meter reads between 50,000 and 55,000. That should be right in the ballpark for them at this stage.

I really would like to get in and clean out some of the leaves on the #1 but I’m still a bit standoffish as she still seems to be stretching some. Actually I have no idea! I don’t measure anything and I’m just going by visuals.:p
Is it to early to get in a do some cleaning on the number1? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Smoking accessories

As I’m one that manly smokes my herb I’ve recently started using hemp wicks to light my joints, cones and pipes. I’ve found it to be almost therapeutic and I really like that when I sit down for a good smoke session.
Now I micro dose all day but when I get all comfy and want a good go at it I light a tea candle and use the HempWick to ignite my pleasures. Now I Bic it all day long but when I want to really enjoy it I sit down and light it with hemp.
:Namaste:

Thank-you all for peeking in. It makes one feel good.:love:

Stay Safe Be Kind and Share your Love. :love:

Now it’s time to burn one down

234323BE-9570-4FE5-B316-D039FF201C36.jpeg

501B2441-DE05-4E3A-AC0F-52A95603A617.jpeg

AB748C01-FEA4-40F6-A835-D69451DAB9C6.jpeg

42A695AF-2F4A-4F12-9449-B540355C181D.jpeg

B3E0F14A-ED92-40E0-93E9-647F460C9C8D.jpeg

The uniform look of those ladies is very nice on the eye great job. And that's cool did you make the wicks yourself out of the stalks? I was considering doing the same and using bees wax.

:thanks:HH88

did you make the wicks yourself out of the stalks?
I did not. I don’t have that type of artistic talent. Such as yourself and the masks you’ve made.
I purchased the wick and it is coated in bees wax. They work great but when you extinguish the flame the taste from it can give off a bees wax flavor. After fanning the flame out I would then put it to my mouth to make sure it was totally out I but now wait until I finish my hit before I wet it out completely.

What a nice even canopy!
Thank you Boo! I keep at it trying to improve. But for you don’t cut yourself short. You stand with the best and no less then equal to your peers.:thumb:

Do you think I could go in now and clean up that #1 or is it to soon to defoliate?

Thank you Boo! I keep at it trying to improve. But for you don’t cut yourself short. You stand with the best and no less then equal to your peers.:thumb:

Do you think I could go in now and clean up that #1 or is it to soon to defoliate?
Honestly Nev, I don’t usually defoliate my autos unless they are biggies. Biggies = tall AND bushy AND in the warmer season. Your three look like they are pretty bushy so I’d say trust your instincts on #1 and see how it goes? My only concern is that you might take fans away that the plant will spend energy trying to regrow vice putting into the buds. @InTheShed has a great tutorial somewhere that shows what he takes during clean up that won’t cause the plant to waste energy regrowing them. Not sure if it only applies to photos or not. Shed? :cheesygrinsmiley:

The plants are looking great if still droopy. Not that you need to try this, but I was wondering what would happen if you raised the light to 20" for a day to see if they look happier.
Honestly Nev, I don’t usually defoliate my autos unless they are biggies. Biggies = tall AND bushy AND in the warmer season. Your three look like they are pretty bushy so I’d say trust your instincts on #1 and see how it goes? My only concern is that you might take fans away that the plant will spend energy trying to regrow vice putting into the buds. @InTheShed has a great tutorial somewhere that shows what he takes during clean up that won’t cause the plant to waste energy regrowing them. Not sure if it only applies to photos or not. Shed? :cheesygrinsmiley:
I didn't defoliate my autos anything close to my photos, but then they had a lot less foliage to begin with. I would usually just take off the very bottom leaves that interfered with watering since they were trained pretty flat like Nev's.

In case anyone does want to see some pics of my thinning techniques though, there are pre-flip ones here and a post stretch one here.

Its F’ing cold here in the Pacific Northwest
:thedoubletake:It sure is but I'm so glad it's not a Nor'easter, twister, hurricane. I feel so blessed Nev to be here in Pacific Northwest and it's warming up this weekend but until then I'm putting another log on the fire.:slide::meditate:

what would happen if you raised the light to 20" for a day to see if they look happier.
Its definitely worth checking out. I’m going in right now and raising the light. Thanks for the suggestion. :)
it's warming up this weekend but until then I'm putting another log on the fire.
Oh What I wouldn’t give for a cord of seasoned and a fireplace in my life right now.:love:

Beautiful plants, Nev!
I thought my BBH had a lot of budsites...till I looked at your #1...I'm going to have to step up my game!
#1 still looks like a pile of Kale
:rofl:

I don't do much defol at all on autos...but when I do, I wait till the stretch is definitely done...then, get rid of the little lower branches that aren't going to do much, then remove only the leaves that either aren't going to get good light, or are blocking a budsite.
That's why you remove the useless little branches first- once you do, there's not much down low that the fan leaves are going to block, so you can leave more of them on.

Your BBs look great, Nev! Like the others, I love the flat canopy. However, none of them look like kale to me so I don't know which one you're having the issue with.

I hate cold, too and am really envious of people who live in warmer climates. I'm hoping to go south in 2023 as I haven't been able to go since the pandemic started.

It's currently 20F here. :battingeyelashes:

Great-looking trio of Bruces you have there, Nev! Pretty impressive you were able to quad an auto. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom