InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Plenty of clear that tells me that next weekend is better than today, since it seems to be alive (enough). maybe even a week after that depending on what Friday's peek looks like.
Mouthwatering! And my mouth is also agape at that growth post-drought. I can't wait to see the plant in a week.
I no longer have the backdrop. That was a remarkable experience, it really was and lovely to see it again. Thanks for the reminder :)

We are overjoyed that you did not kill her. Heck
We fertigated this am (9th day) after they went 8 days without.
The one Stank looked dead. She told me I was way wrong. Not the best shots here but you will see what amazing recovery is possible.

These ladies just got promoted to Queen status. :love: :bongrip:

Mouthwatering! And my mouth is also agape at that growth post-drought. I can't wait to see the plant in a week.
I no longer have the backdrop. That was a remarkable experience, it really was and lovely to see it again. Thanks for the reminder
The combo of the beautiful buds and the setting made it look like slice of paradise. But wherever you grow next we want to be there. :thumb:
We are overjoyed that you did not kill her. Heck
We fertigated this am (9th day) after they went 8 days without.
The one Stank looked dead. She told me I was way wrong. Not the best shots here but you will see what amazing recovery is possible.
Those are some serious trees you're growing Maritimer, and an excellent recovery is possible! I wonder if mine is going to decide to start regrowing some fans. :)
I think they look great Shed. I second @Maritimer 's view, and I'm glad you didn't give her the chop.
Thanks Stunger! I was close...I even filled up the bucket with water for the wash. :cheesygrinsmiley:
She made it
And she looks so much better
Thank you Rex! I'm so tempted to pull off all the dead fans but I'll wait until they're all completely brown and useless to the plant. Who knows what it might need them for still.

All caught up again Shed. Well done with the experiment. Since I had the luxury of seeing the experiment unfold in ~one sitting; comparing your pics to maritimer’s day 7 photos, I think your Friday pic looked roughly the same. Being outside obviously makes a difference. If I’m understanding correctly :hmmmm: this process takes a certain amount of days to complete; if you had watered on say, Friday or early Saturday, would that have been long enough for the process to work properly? For less leaf loss after rehydration. Either way, I think this will be your easiest harvest in a long while. :)

it might start smelling like double H's cat piss Lemon auto. :eek:
Omg, I hope not! If your neighbor is bothered by cheese, I can’t imagine how much she’d complain about the cat piss! ps - it’s still as stinky as the day I hung her. :barf:

All caught up again Shed. Well done with the experiment. Since I had the luxury of seeing the experiment unfold in ~one sitting; comparing your pics to maritimer’s day 7 photos, I think your Friday pic looked roughly the same. Being outside obviously makes a difference. If I’m understanding correctly :hmmmm: this process takes a certain amount of days to complete; if you had watered on say, Friday or early Saturday, would that have been long enough for the process to work properly? For less leaf loss after rehydration. Either way, I think this will be your easiest harvest in a long while.
That's a great question double H, and I'm not sure we know the answer to it, other than I feel like it does take the plant time to process the information it's receiving and create the results to deal with it. Next time I do this I certainly won't let it go this long, so if I watered Friday morning it would have been 4 days of drought. I hope that's long enough to make a difference!

Taking those fans off is going to be a breeze. :slide:
Omg, I hope not! If your neighbor is bothered by cheese, I can’t imagine how much she’d complain about the cat piss! ps - it’s still as stinky as the day I hung her. :barf:
Oof on the Lemon, and I'd complain mightily about cat piss too. :eek:

The thirsty one made it! :yahoo:

I sincerely hope this becomes a trend on 420. This could be my back door to a POTM win! :laugh:

If I don't come on here for an 11 day stretch, could someone PLEASE nominate me for member of the month?! The intensity and concentration of my abilities will be enhanced!

Get the hell out of the way @HashGirl ...us overachievers are coming for your title every month!!!

Monday update with nary a wilted plant in sight! What else happened this weekend? Well the biggest thing I did was do a pre-flip thinning of the Jack Herer from @Weed Seeds Express (day 85)!

Here is the before pic:

Here is an example of how I do this thinning. This is the before pic of a branch:

I take off most of the bottom third (branches and leaves), and above that I take off the lower branches and leave the fan leaves:

What I don't want is my lowers to have lowers of their own. :)

Here is what I took off:

Here are three cuttings I stuck in perlite because it seemed silly not to:

And here is the after pic:

Quite a difference! And why do I do it like this? Because the plant will try to replace everything I took off, but it will do it higher up the plant where I want my flowers to be. :thumb:

When I take down the first of the Summer two, the JH will take its place and get flipped in the shed.

What else? One of my lemons had a seed sprouting inside, so I planted it (those are bits of ProMix on it, not bugs...I had buried it too deep so I uncovered it):

Almost all of my lemon trees are from seeds that sprouted inside my lemons (a couple are clones I made). And every single one of my lemon trees comes from the tree that was behind my first apartment when I moved to Los Angeles in 1988.

I also took 55g of Candida flowers:

Put them in a foil pouch, sealed it up, and put it in the oven at 240ºF for 90 minutes:

And this morning put them in the Magical Butter Machine on top of 2 cups of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO).

Oil first, then buds. I mash them into the oil with the back of a spoon to make sure they all make it down into the grinder. Magical is a sponsor here, and if you're going to make edibles or oil, I highly recommend buying one if it's in the budget.

That's it for me! I hope your weekend was productive and fun and that you didn't cut your finger while trimming. :rolleyes:

Quotes:
The thirsty one made it!
I sincerely hope this becomes a trend on 420. This could be my back door to a POTM win!
It did! And I think you should start a petition for UgliestPOTM with the management. :thumb:
It is definitely my only chance! Great minds think alike!
GDB does pretty well on the idea front even without a staff. :)
If I don't come on here for an 11 day stretch, could someone PLEASE nominate me for member of the month?! The intensity and concentration of my abilities will be enhanced!
Get the hell out of the way @HashGirl ...us overachievers are coming for your title every month!!!
Wait what?
OK we are waiting again LOL Good to see the plant has more time to grow , it needs it from the pics. And what is it that we are looking for that we will know if this worked even if done the way Maritimer did his and did he go to day 11 ?That 2nd. pic of the CB is gorgeous !!
Thanks sb! It definitely was way too clear to come down if it didn't have to, so I'm really glad there's some green on it. Maritmer doesn't get to 11 days either, but he gets to around 8 indoors. We're looking for changes to the trichomes and an increase in number. I already know that there are trichomes on the underside of the sugars that I didn't have before!

Monday update with nary a wilted plant in sight! What else happened this weekend? Well the biggest thing I did was do a pre-flip thinning of the Jack Herer from @Weed Seeds Express (day 85)!

Here is the before pic:

Here is an example of how I do this thinning. This is the before pic of a branch:

I take off most of the bottom third (branches and leaves), and above that I take off the lower branches and leave the fan leaves:

What I don't want is my lowers to have lowers of their own. :)

Here is what I took off:

Here are three cuttings I stuck in perlite because it seemed silly not to:

And here is the after pic:

Quite a difference! And why do I do it like this? Because the plant will try to replace everything I took off, but it will do it higher up the plant where I want my flowers to be. :thumb:

When I take down the first of the Summer two, the JH will take its place and get flipped in the shed.

What else? One of my lemons had seeds sprouting inside, so I planted it (those are bits of ProMix on it, not bugs...I had buried it a bit deep so I uncovered it):

Almost all of my lemon trees are from seeds that sprouted inside my lemons (a couple are clones I made). And every single one of my lemon trees comes from the tree that was behind the first apartment I lived when I moved to Los Angeles in 1988.

I also took 55g of Candida flowers:

Put them in a foil pouch, sealed it up and put it in the oven at 240ºF for 90 minutes:

And this morning put them in the Magical Butter Machine on top of 2 cups of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO).

Oil first, then buds. I mash them into the oil with the back of a spoon to make sure they all make it down into the grinder. Magical is a sponsor here, and if you're going to make edibles or oil, I highly recommend buying one if it's in the budget.

That's it for me! I hope your weekend was productive and fun and that you didn't cut your finger while trimming. :)

Quotes:

It did! And I think you should start a petition for UgliestPOTM with the management. :)

GDB does pretty well on the idea front even without a staff. :)

Wait what?

Thanks sb! It definitely was way too clear to come down if it didn't have to, so I'm really glad there's some green on it. Maritmer doesn't get to 11 days either, but he gets to around 8 indoors. We're looking for changes to the trichomes and an increase in number. I already know that there are trichomes on the underside of the sugars that I didn't have before!
What a feed. So much interaction and information like 25 out of 24 hours a day :laughtwo:

Here are three cuttings I stuck in perlite because it seemed silly not to
Very cool update Shed, so much industry and beautiful bud. I have several lavender cuts in perlite now as a result of this thread. They look great. It's a perfectly simple method for rooting cuts imho.

Thanks for the SourG experiment- that was very interesting...gotta admit, I thought
she was a goner for a while there....
That 2nd. pic of the CB is gorgeous !!
Right? first one ain't too bad, either- that thing is beautiful!

Here is an example of how I do this thinning.
I have got to start doing that....my last plant was a serious larf-fest!

What a feed. So much interaction and information like 25 out of 24 hours a day
Sorry to be keeping you so busy Krissi!
Very cool update Shed, so much industry and beautiful bud. I have several lavender cuts in perlite now as a result of this thread. They look great. It's a perfectly simple method for rooting cuts imho.
We're going to want to see pics of the lavender with roots from the perlite. :thumb:

I should try it with some other plants too...I wonder if it works on woody cuttings from my lemon trees. :hmmmm:
gotta admit, I thought she was a goner for a while there....
I have got to start doing that....my last plant was a serious larf-fest!
Thanks Carcass, so did I. I was quite heartened by those green leaves on Sunday morning! And have I mentioned I hate trimming larf? ;)
#nolarf

No problem...I saw it as a compliment!

Highya ITS,

Loved your presentation on no=larf trimming! I need to do that too. This year instead, I didn't trim the larf, I cut the section of the branch with the larf off! Would be better to trim like you did! But, I have a tidy stash for the winter. You always do so well presenting different facets of Cannabis growing!! Happy Smokin'

Back
Top Bottom