New City Grower 3.5 - Our Perpetual Grow - Continued

Nah, I just use regular 6.5 PH adjusted tap and empty & replace it once a week. How was your Holiday?

Fifi: We did, just stayed home and enjoyed each others company. Since so many people called asking what we were doing we decided to cook a last minute big open door diner. A few friends and family came by and I ended up giving most of that garbage Double Bagseed away; good riddance!

Dusty:
Thanxx, so I have about 2 or 3 more weeks left.

BIG TENT UPDATE​
Sept 8, 2015​

"By god, I think he's got it!"
From the looks of things I've conquered the small plant dilemma I was having with the 5gal Smart Pots. It just didn't make sense getting the same yields we get in 2lt Soda Pop Pots.

1: Continuously top seedlings as soon as you see the first set of true leaves.

2: Transplant to the 5gal pot with added Mycos (I use Growology Step 1) and super-crop/LST every branch close to the surface using loops to hold them down.

3: Bottom feed so the roots will go deep searching for the water.

It might take an extra 15 to 25 days of veg but I think it'll be worth it.

DALE'S BLUE BLOOD (MEDICANN BLUE BLOOD grown in honor of SWEETSUE'S DALE) Day 60

5 Days Ago
IMG_00017636.jpg

Today
IMG_00017818.jpg

IMG_00017808.jpg

DOUBLE / WHITE WIDOW X BIG BUD (Clones) Day 57

5 Days Ago
IMG_00017662.jpg

Today
IMG_00017834.jpg

IMG_00017821.jpg

JACK HERER CLONE (3rd generation) Day 59

This one's the one we thought wouldn't make it but she's a survivor.

IMG_00017802.jpg

IMG_00017805.jpg

STREET GIRL CLONE
(From a flowering SG) Day 35

We just now transplanted her. I made the same mistake I did with the Jack Herer by snapping the center but on her it was the 2 main branches. Wish me luck.

IMG_00017783.jpg

IMG_00017787.jpg

IMG_00017793.jpg

Here's some seedlings. I started two Royal Medics because I want to see which start up soil works best in solo cups; plain generic soil or my supped up peat moss soil mix.

IMG_00017846.jpg

thanks for the clone info, BAR.....

Wow!...from Laverne to seed producer!...Good Stuff B A R!!...not sure how I didn't stumble across Yer journals before...you do have a knack for gardening...lolool...although I didn't read all kajillion pages in Yer journals...have found a lot of knowledge and entertainment...so...I'm in on this adventure...Cheerz!...h00k...

BAR the plants are amazing. I'm liking this technique. Can you expand on the continuous topping process? Which node do you begin topping, how many nodes between toppings?

Been very good! :love: Changed my job so had to take a break. Will be back soon with a journal after I finish setting up my tent and new shinny stuff (just got my 1st LED panel today!!)
:cheer:

As for the ladies got 5 outside that are flowering (4 auto's) and a bush autoflower inside under the old clf's!

I gained so much knowledge with seed maturity, because even now the balcony girls make random seeds and I had time to observe how they progress up close :laughtwo: funny is haven't had a hermie yet, or males :hmmmm: I love the free seeds, and they are always cute babies that come out of them, so I am happy!

:circle-of-love:

So excited for you DaT. This should be a great grow for you. :high-five:

Request complete, BAR, no sweat

BAR the plants are amazing. I'm liking this technique. Can you expand on the continuous topping process? Which node do you begin topping, how many nodes between toppings?

oh crap, I just posted you a website tutorial which was x'd out or censored here....I am very good at that, eh, BAR...

It's just information, people.....Sue, you cannot top and manipulate autos....if it is not, you grow the seed/clone to 6 leaf sets, then trim at node 3 from the bottom....do this 3 times to develop 8 colas....which makes for a very even canopy, sends nutrients to all 8 colas equally because they all stem from the same site, and increase yield to the max.

you grow the seed/clone to 6 leaf sets, then trim at node 3 from the bottom....do this 3 times to develop 8 colas....which makes for a very even canopy, sends nutrients to all 8 colas equally because they all stem from the same site, and increase yield to the max.
That's basically it Sue, only difference is I don't follow any format. Once I see the first 5 fingered leafs I get to topping and continue topping the new tops until I'm satisfied.

Sue, you cannot top and manipulate autos...
That's an old cannabis grower's myth Shawnee! They tell that one around Pothead campfires. Light Addict is fluxing autos and here's one of our Fire Escape girls that was topped a few times during veg.

SUGAR MANGO (Auto) Day 59

IMG_00017770.jpg

That's an old cannabis grower's myth Shawnee! They tell that one around Pothead campfires. Light Addict is fluxing autos and here's one of our Fire Escape girls that was topped a few times during veg.

well, thanks for putting my ignorant outdated bum right back on top of her stilettos...! I appreciate!

:laughtwo:

It's all good Shawnee, we're one big dumb ignorant family here all learning as we go along.

10-4 on learning...I can't keep up, it's a full time job....that's why I can't keep a journal.....REPS to you...

...I gained so much knowledge with seed maturity, because even now the balcony girls make random seeds and I had time to observe how they progress up close :laughtwo: funny is haven't had a hermie yet, or males :hmmmm: I love the free seeds, and they are always cute babies that come out of them, so I am happy!

Isn't fun to find out that at least one neighbor has an outdoor grow too. :laughtwo:

Isn't fun to find out that at least one neighbor has an outdoor grow too. :laughtwo:

Oh hello neighbor! :love:

I don't know if the balcony counts really as outdoor because it does have windows, but I still get the pleasure of dealing with spider mites and unknown pollination! :laughtwo:
Guess it's somewhere between outdoor and a greenhouse.
:high-five:

As for topping autoflowers, I have to say I've seen them "veg" (for lack of a better term) up to 35 days until any preflowers, plus stay in pre-flowering stage close to 3 weeks, that gives the short life span a lot of time to recover from any abuse you'd normally inflict on a regular girl. I never tested this personally, and I got a very stupid girl reason for that :laughtwo:, it's because I love how the plant structure is when you leave them grow naturally (I know how that sounds), single cola type of christmas tree is my eye candy.
:biglaugh:
And for the opposite side, I've had "fast" autoflowers that pre-flowered at 2 weeks, and by week 4 were in full bloom. The amount of time there to do anything is kinda short, and think you'd have to start doing it very early to see any success. This is very strain dependent, if you know how the strain behaves beforehand, you can abuse them at your heart content! :love:

Did you know that training autos extends their veg cycle? Here's a convo we had on LA's thread.

Back
Top Bottom