Newbie First Grow - Outdoors - Bag Seeds

I'll be growing this winter. Obviously they are 3 autos since it's all I have left. I'm using 400 watt HPS and 4-6 flouresant bulbs with 2200 lumens each and a gurrilla tent. Hopefully the tent makes a huge difference. I'll start a new journal for that grow. I don't know when I will start but hopefully we start around the same time. I never used more than 3 gallon pots so I'm curious as to your 5 gallon grow. Also thank you everyone for their kind words about my mom. On my page and other pages people who knew about my loss have been uplifting and agape. It a Greek word since they have 4 different words for love. I thank all of you for offering an ear or shoulder to use.

Also I wasn't trying to sound like a stuffy douche using an ancient word like "agape". It just is the only word that describes how people have spoken to me.
My dad introduced agape love to me thru the bible. Thank u for that.

I have been reading up on the SWICK method and this might work really well with my work schedule.....back to back to back 12's leave little room for much else. I need to finish reading thru the thread to see if my questions about feeding and standing water are answered.

As u can tell I am a planner. I drill down to the details....then read and research...then modify to what works for me.

There is so much info here....and it is easy to get to without reading thru a bunch of nasty posts with people just trying to measure their $icks. It makes learning enjoyable. I really wish I could just fill the world with my 420 family. We would have it made. Each one teaches more than one. No one trying to hide info.
I love it here.

So much to learn....so many journals to follow

I'm blessed with a storm closet in my sun room. And yes, I go out and drag em in when it's raining. And I shake em dry if they get wet. It's finally drying up a bit round here and I couldn't be happier. I'm putting some good vibes your way. To new to really give anything else. GOOD VIBES FOR THAT GANGA!!
I can't drag mine in as they are in the ground. I will be bringing the candy kush to under the shed. I plan on chopping her Saturday. I think she is ready.

you've got a lot of good support. from what i'm reading you're well on your way to producing reliable cannabis for yourself. i'm a planner too and i think that really helps. i've only ever grown indoors so i'm not much good at the outdoor probs - but when it comes to indoor i can tell you, like dennise said, put the money out on good lights. (seed breeders too like pocadon said-right on) - i've scrimped and macgyvered my way through growes but made good meds so it can't be too hard if i can do it! especially w 420 people here - yes agape

hope you don't get mold and worms ;)

Worms worms worms.

Went and inspected the plants I picked off 9 worms. I have gotten good at identifying worm damage first by leaf damage and poop then I narrow down to the bud. Took a picture of this one who had a hole burrowed out. U can see him in the middle.

420-magazine-mobile1107771022.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1924912263.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1922774719.jpg

I hit them all with a heavy dose of
420-magazine-mobile951249313.jpg

They say for wet weather to us 5 oz per gallon. This kills everything and can be used up to a week from harvest.

Rain again tomorrow...cloudy....rh 82
What can I do to protect my plants....I am afraid of mold

There is an SNS (Sierra Natural Science, one of our sponsors and contributors to the contest prizes) product that is a Fungicide and is supposed to help against Mold. I have two containers of it in a spray form, but haven't tried it yet. It's SNS 244, I'll be back with a link to the product for you, so you can read up on it.

:thumb:

My dad introduced agape love to me thru the bible. Thank u for that.

I have been reading up on the SWICK method and this might work really well with my work schedule.....back to back to back 12's leave little room for much else. I need to finish reading thru the thread to see if my questions about feeding and standing water are answered.

As u can tell I am a planner. I drill down to the details....then read and research...then modify to what works for me.

There is so much info here....and it is easy to get to without reading thru a bunch of nasty posts with people just trying to measure their $icks. It makes learning enjoyable. I really wish I could just fill the world with my 420 family. We would have it made. Each one teaches more than one. No one trying to hide info.
I love it here.

I used the swick method on my last indoor grow. It really worked out great! I was short on time too, and the watering schedule when the plants got bigger was a problem for me. The only downside for me was the fabric pots, the roots grow through the bottoms, which is fine, but the perlite stuck like mad to them and it was crazy trying to get it off the pot without making a mess. Little trouble for such a benefit on time and healthy plants though.

This candy kush looks good. I am going to keep just giving her water till Saturday and harvest her.
420-magazine-mobile2112936529.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1667169074.jpg
420-magazine-mobile505834884.jpg

Or do I wait?

She is at day 66

I'm feeling stupid for saying this since no one else has, so hopefully I'm wrong! This plant looks hermie to me. The buds look like nuts. I hope I'm wrong but the flowers just don't look right.

I'm feeling stupid for saying this since no one else has, so hopefully I'm wrong! This plant looks hermie to me. The buds look like nuts. I hope I'm wrong but the flowers just don't look right.
Those are not seeds. I thought that myself...those are swollen calyx...sp...
And some are popping open with amber hairs on them.

I used the swick method on my last indoor grow. It really worked out great! I was short on time too, and the watering schedule when the plants got bigger was a problem for me. The only downside for me was the fabric pots, the roots grow through the bottoms, which is fine, but the perlite stuck like mad to them and it was crazy trying to get it off the pot without making a mess. Little trouble for such a benefit on time and healthy plants though.

How did u do ur feedings?

How did u do ur feedings?

I made sure the pots were at LEAST two inches into the perlite. I think most people do it deeper than that with the pots. My containers were small. Then Filled the perlite containers with enough water that the perlite didn't start to float. About 1" below the top of the perlite on my containers. I was using those hospital tubs that you take home with you after surgery etc. Do you know what you will plan to use to hold the perlite and pot in?

There was a trick that someone posted of putting a clear plastic cup in a corner of the container so you can visibly see the water level in the container and know how much you've added. It worked out well, but my containers were a bit small and the cups were getting smushed.
The perlite sucks up the water, and then the plant uses it as needed.

Young plants don't need it as much, as the plant gets bigger you will need to check often. But it was definitely a time saver for me during the winter months with the indoor grow. It was in the basement and coming home from work, going up and down those basement steps every other night at midnight was just not in me to do. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom