Niwashi's First Grow

If SD and me get tired we are going to stay at that OTM B&B. Heard that there is some white widow's around there.

We're coming at defol time so we can use sweat equity to pay for the rooms, meals and OTM treats.

I am thinking butter cookies be a nice treat.

I could have used you guys last weekend with the Kush clones...lots of scissor work for one person...:cheesygrinsmiley: SD has it planned right for his big weekend!

@old TimingMan welcome and Thank you for your feedback! I took a look at your setup and I like it. The more research I do, the more I like RDWC.

Day 8 (AM Update) 1/5

The first sprout is standing straight up and starting to open. I also have another one that has just pushed the top of the seeds through the soil, so she went in the seedling tray as well. All quiet with the other 5 but I guess I just need to be patient, but it's so hard!!!

My seedling lamp came in so that has replaced the kitchen flourescant as my light source :)

d8a2b6a93986f96919ed24931f16b782.jpg
bcd3af6c71d1494f12c14efcae27c5ad.jpg

Day 8 (PM Update) 1/5

Everything is progressing along. Looks like I have 2 more about to pop :)

I dumped the rest of the seeds I had soaking in water, they were getting a little funky. That leaves us with 7 potentials. 2 have sprouted, 2 are close and it's a wait and see with the other 3.

2bdf5a60a1c6c490acf284ed573e42f2.jpg

In the sprout stage you can go 24/7, just keep your RH in the 50-60% range and your temps in the 75-80 degree range and they will do fine. Not sure what the neat little LED's put out but when they start opening up and the first true leaves show, you can play with the height of the light..In my experience on both the LED's and Florescence's is if I hold my hand at the top level of the plant and can feel very slight warmth, my lights are good to go.

It might be odd but I relate a plant to how I like to be treated, I like to be warm, not hot, I like to be fed but not stuffed, I like to drink but over drinking makes me sick, I like attention but I don't like being pampered, push me too much and I will disappoint...I know this is deep thinking...I probably ate too many cookies today!:lot-o-toke:

@otm Thanks you for the advice. In an effort to boost temps and humidity I rigged up this little enclosure. What do you think?

I'm going to add some more water to the tray to see if that raises the humidity.

as for the LED, Amazon says they are 18W

Upgraded Dual-lamp LED Grow Light Aotson 18W Dimmable 2 Levels Plant Grow Lamp Lights Bulbs with Adjustable Flexible 360 Degree Gooseneck for Indoor Plants

26732914_10100221809963067_2074253647_o.jpg

26653524_10100221809868257_554618554_o.jpg

get_image.jpg

You are on the right track, they will start to show legs real fast, now is the time to make a cheap simple bubbler to hold them until you get your RDWC built if you go that route, they can veg for a long time, in my opinion the longer the better results.:thumb:
@OTM, can you share a link with an example of a bubbler you're talking about? Sounds like you're referring to a little bubbler used for cloning or something along those lines.

If I go that route can I just stick the peat pellet in some Coco in the basket?

Should I use a smaller basket for the bubbler then move to a larger one for RDWC.

Would it be better if I just bit the bullet and built my RDWC today and planted directly in the RDWC?

Back
Top Bottom