Niwashi's First Grow

1/21

Thank you everyone for the guidance. I have dumped my res and refilled with 7 gal of DI because I couldn't get my hands on a RO unit quickly. I still haven't adjusted the PH as I'm waiting for my calibration buffers to dissolve. Should be able to adjust in an hour or so. Question for now. I understand no nutes at this point but is cal/mag required at this stage?

I'll be back to report on the plant and PH in a few hours.

Thanks!!

Ok, I added 7tsp of calimagic to the 7 gallons of DI and I am reading 225ppm and 5.95ph. am I too out of whack on the calimagic? Should I dump and re do? I should have only used half of what the bottle recommended to RO/DI.

If I am OK to proceed with the current amount of calimagic. Should I adjust down to 5.8ph, or am I close enough?

Added another gallon of DI. PPMs down to 200. PH is stable at 5.95. Here are some pics of the ladies
4b9eec30b330fdd803eedd7007ff0bd0.jpg
03fd8bae7b899e214a236007e0346c1c.jpg

PPM's at 173 with Cal/Mg is fine. Ph is good at 5.7 too. Give it a day and check the PH again, don't get in the habit of chasing PH, anything in the 5.5-6.0 range is OK with 5.8 being optimal for nutrient uptake.

Thanks everyone! I was misting because my humidity was slipping below 40%. However, by playing around with the exhaust fan, I am now able to get it all the way to 80% if I want. As soon as I got that figured out, my smart outlets started not wanting to turn on for the fan. I have swapped them around and the outlets will work with all the other components except for my exhaust fan. Need to bite the bullet spend some time working on my grow room controller.

I apologize for the sporadic posts, work has been insane lately, I truly appreciate the help from everyone!!! I have wanted to do this for over a decade, and I have been studying techniques just as long. Thank you all for coming along on the journey with me!!

:thumb:I'm enjoying following your teachers giving you advice Niwashi, I think I'll lurk in the back. I'm a soil grower but open to learning new things.:high-five::Namaste:

:thumb:I'm enjoying following your teachers giving you advice Niwashi, I think I'll lurk in the back. I'm a soil grower but open to learning new things.:high-five::Namaste:

Glad to have you along for the ride!

Someone has to be the guinea pig :)

No matter how many times I read something I still ask questions. Nothing like some realtime feedback, especially when that feedback is coming from JM, OTM, Scrogdawg and this whole community of ganja growing masters!

Rider is in the house! No need to stand up. As you were.

Niwashi, it looks like I got here right in time to watch you kick some serious ass. I suspect you'd have figured the whole grow thing out on your own but with SD, JM, and OTM here it's a guaranteed win. Sooo... I'm going to just kick back and watch the show. You're in good hands.

I am in soil now too.

1/25 Update

Still having trouble keeping the humidity at the proper levels, I think that I may have been getting a bad reading when I observed 80% humidity earlier. Even after adding a speed controller on the fan and keeping it to it's lowest setting my humidity still drops below 40 and temps start creeping into the low 80s. I'm not sure why my smart outlets suddenly started not working with the exhaust fan (I've tried 3 of the same model and they all won't turn the fan on) but somehow the fan that is supposed to only draw 0.8 A must now be surging above 8.0 amps when turning on. Any suggestions on how to remedy this? I have already added a few diy wick humidifiers.

Edit: The room that holds the tent is currently at 72° 47rh

As for the plants, the first seedling looks like it's going to loose it's bottom leaves. They are all dry and crunchy and curling up. Should I remove these so they aren't blocking light to the new growth? Underneath, roots are starting to pop out from root cup which I believe is a good sign :)

The seedling that got a later start seems to be doing OK. The leaves are a asymetrical but that's how she came out of the seed. I don't think I'm working with the best genetics here. Roots are also starting to poke out of the cup!

PH is at 5.88 and TDS at 230 (primarily from PH adjustments, when I added the calimagic on the 21st, before PHing, the TDS was 173). Water temp is in the low 80s, not sure how to keep the temp down without adding a larger res or chiller. When should I be eyeing a feeding?
3121058b1c3a1f5cad45a29c5c2aa8bb.jpg
3d12d8836a0e38d689216a74856af20b.jpg
24fbe266ec9920c8f7cfb45b72447c7a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom