Niwashi's First Grow

@Mosspb the 1500W was $122 on a flash deal. Its back up to $159, but still not a bad price. Pretty solid reviews on amazon too!

Lets see if it can grow some herbals ;)

I own it and it works pretty well. Had a first harvest on first grow very good with it. I m using it along with other leds. Goal is to be able to give almost the same amount of light to at least all the upper part of the plant. I haven't read the hole journal yet, but in case it's not precised I would highly advice you to invest in a lux meter. You ll be able to measure and put your lights to the best distance!

Just want to add to be careful with feeding if it s your first grow. Nutrients brun happens very often. I burn some plants in my first soil grow (don't know much about DWC or RDWC but I feel like giving my advice anyway ) . It was a good time to make tries. My conclusion was that you shouldn't add nutrients till the plant doesn't show any sign of needs. Be very careful to check humidity, water and ph before! My first mistake was overwatering. Second was ph. I had tips turning red and after research and thinking maybe it could have been phosphorus deficiency, I remember that I had transplanted 2 weeks before and the plant couldn't already have eaten all the nuts. So I bought ph meter and saw my ph was too high. One week of watering with right ph (I did 3 little watering within a week) my plants came back to full health! Also when people talk about being soft and using less quantity that what the notice say it s true! I should have had more confidence in what people were saying.... Anyway so IMO the plant doesn't need any additional nuts in soil before at least 3 weeks after germination. I I don't know about DWC but I felt I had to share

I would shot for no more then 200 ppm for first week to see how they respond. The water temp needs to be no more then 72, 68 would be ideal like SD said. Them gals are still getting acclimated to the environment so they will have a few days of droopy. If temps are good, humidity is good, light is good and they have a small amount of nutes in the water for the next week, then they will start to come alive.

2/1

Let there be roots!
c1b13acbc34d2053ce65c3881c82cada.jpg

1/30

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. Not sure if im going for a top or feed or bottom feed RDWC, OTM. Which one would you reccomend?

I went with a bottom feed because I was concerned about the roots plugging the drain lines especially when I had a scrog over them so I couldn't keep an eye on them...worked well for me using a 3/4" feed with a 1" drain. I think if you used a 1 1/2-2" bottom drain chances of roots plugging it up would slim.

I built a top feed RDWC and had an issue with roots on the 1" bottom return. The second RDWC I built I used 1.5" on the bottom return and haven't had any trouble at all with it in three grows.

Thanks guys! Can anyone share a good diagram for a bottom feed RDWC or a build thread? Going to try to put her together this weekend. I'm getting tired of flipping out frozen water bottles!

The first 10-15 pages of my journal has some pictures of my set-up, its a 4 bucket system with the rez outside of the grow room, the water & air pumps are located outside as well.

The only mods I am going to make on it when I fire it up this spring is bring the buckets a little closer together to work better with the scrog. The only change I made during the grow was to buy a different air pump...the cheap one I first bought was very noisy...bought a Jebo...very quiet pump.

Heres a few pictures of mine that I built. Not a bottom feed but maybe you can get some ideas for yours from the pictures. 3/4" inlet and 1-1/2" outlet.
MG_94771.jpg

MG_94871.jpg

MG_94901.jpg

MG_95802.jpg

MG_95972.jpg

MG_95951.jpg

MG_96612.jpg

2/3

So today was supposed to be the day I built my RDWC, but I got roped into making beer with a co-worker (twist my arm)

I wanted to take a minute to throw some up because one of the plants is making alot of progress! Hopefully I can wrap up this beer making adventure quickly and get back to the hydro this afternoon!

The second seedling to sprout is way ahead of the first, however I am seeing some good root activity on the first plant so I'm maintaining hope for her!
c2410f5f57e2648877a7c30ad502861f.jpg
7a0ccd8792408f9a4d908fcc2881e92a.jpg
3ba70210cbd0097d44369dc5d6691a67.jpg
28c24768610cd44018c5b9731ebe21f5.jpg

Hey Niwashi, I saw some of your talk with JustMeds about integrating Raspberry Pi and thought I’d follow along with your journal. Looking forward to seeing your setup evolve.

Welcome DobieWan

1/7 update

So the origional seedling is not really making any progress and the second seedling, that was doing really well is getting discoloration on the leaves. I had started to lower the light so I raised that back to the top to be safe. PH is just below 6, water temp is 74, air temp is 79 and humidity is 44%

Any ideas what's going on?

Pics in the next post...

Back
Top Bottom