NL Auto In Dirt With CFL

Hi mate I'm trying to get through my first grow with CFL bulbs too.
I reckon you'll be fine she looks great and I'd like to see how you get on
Peej

Hi mate I'm trying to get through my first grow with CFL bulbs too.
I reckon you'll be fine she looks great and I'd like to see how you get on
Peej
Thanks for checking in Peej, got a journal of your own I can check out and compare notes? Glad to have you aboard.

new growth can be paler , chill out lol :thumb:
Yeah you're right. I should have dipped into the stash and chilled out before I got riled up lol. That or I would have been even more anxious about it. It's funny how years ago I had real things to be paranoid about while enjoying some herb, like my parents finding out (who I now know were hiding in their room smoking and being paranoid about if us kids would find out). Now my biggest issue is whether my plant's healthy green leaves are green enough lol. Adulting rules.

Hi dreams.
Yes I do have one of my own the end is almost in sight for me at 7 weeks.
I'm sure you will get there fella!
This is mine 2 Fast 2 Vast Autoflower CFL First Time Grow
If you have any advice hit me up!
Stay well.
Peej

Looking good! Not sure how much advice I could offer that isn't just regurgitated from seeing it on other more experienced growers here lol.
Here's the girl this morning. Gave a foliar of mild kelp yesterday, turned the lights out for a couple hours while it dried. Is this mold near the bottom of my smart pot? I haven't really watered yet, just half cup-fulls like twice in two weeks. I'm wondering if it's from the pre flush I did to cool off the MG. I did drop in some myco after that pre flush, could this fuzz be a healthy colony of beneficial? Hope so....
20160324_045715.jpg
20160324_045709.jpg
20160324_045624.jpg

Hey all, I'm finally all moved in to the new place, so I'll be hanging the LED panel soon (once I find it lol); it's the 240W G8. I won't be setting up the tent just yet since I have my first preventative visit from the exterminator next week, but following that I'll be able to get all set up. Pics once I do! Anyone have any advice for transitioning from 125W CFL to 240W LED? Do I need to acclimate?

I hope someone corrects me if I'm wrong but I'm sure they will appreciate the extra light and will thank you for it in the end, if you feel like it's too much perhaps heighten it slightly and let them grow into it? Just my little inexperienced idea having never used LED.
Glad to hear your all settled now

Hey all, I'll be hanging the LED panel soon (once I find it lol); it's the 240W G8. Anyone have any advice for transitioning from 125W CFL to 240W LED? Do I need to acclimate?

What I did after a couple weeks of vegetative growth under cfls, was bring them into the light a couple hours a day for a few days. Then I set them in the tent but on the perimeter of the lights footprint and slowly moved them under the LEDs center. I'd start the Led at 24"-30" and see how they react. If you acclimate them it should be all gravy, but if you throw them right under the LEDs then make sure to have it raised up and lower it if you see no signs of stress.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

She's looking healthy. Out of curiosity, what made you pinch her rather than more low stress training techniques like others do on autos?
I'm anxious to see how she reacts
Peej

Fair play I'm sure it will be fine. There seems to be nothing that can stop them from thriving I've been defoliating rather heavily recently and she keeps bouncing right back
I'll see how yours goes and I may implement it in my next grow!
Peej

Hey dreamsofgreen top of the day to ya champ, stubled upon your journal and glad i did, great read so far. I have a couple autos going myself and my oldest is like 2-3 days younger than yours so ill be following your grow if ya dont mind. I think you gave me the courage to go ahead and top one of my autos when the time is right! Im excited to see how things go when you get your led up and going!! Alright boss good luck and thanks for making a little room for me!!

Hey dreamsofgreen top of the day to ya champ, stubled upon your journal and glad i did, great read so far. I have a couple autos going myself and my oldest is like 2-3 days younger than yours so ill be following your grow if ya dont mind. I think you gave me the courage to go ahead and top one of my autos when the time is right! Im excited to see how things go when you get your led up and going!! Alright boss good luck and thanks for making a little room for me!!

Welcome aboard shipmate! I'm happy to be the guinea pig here, hopefully this journal can be a learning experience for all involved. So far my attempts have been nothing but learning lol. Nothing teaches like experience, but this community has been pretty damn incredible so far

Aloha brudduhs an' sistahs. Sorry again about the sideways photos. Truth is I never remember to take the photos with the phone held the right way at night and don't realize it until the next day when I'm uploading them at work, wasting time with my real passion. In any case she seems to be responding well to the top; those node #2 branches are picking up the slack while #3 branches are unfolding. Got the LED up. Not the 240W G8; I came across the box with the galaxyhydro 300 first so I rigged her up with a good bit of height in order to acclimate the little lady. Looks like she needs something (or less of something) to me. But I'm liable to screw it up worse so I'm going to leave her be for a bit. If symptoms persist or worsen I'll flush her and see if it helps.
20160330_051836.jpg
20160330_051553.jpg

I love those led colours. Do they make it harder to spot deficiency or pests?
Peej

Actually Peej it makes it kinda tough because sometimes it brings out a contrast you wouldn't otherwise see in white light. So I'm here trying to decide whether the LEDs are uncovering an issue or making me see one that isn't there. For example this pic makes them look bad, but in regular light they seem fine.
20160330_051846.jpg

Alas DreamsOfGreen I have no experience with LED lights, but I can see how the colour changes and contrast may cause you to think there is an issue. I hope someone with LED experience can help but if they appear healthy under regular light then I don't see there being a major issue. Especially with the LED so far away to acclimatise them.
Again, I hope I am corrected if im wrong.
Peej

The minor fading and shading variations show up so much under LEDs. I always take them out of the tent to check and photograph, that way I've got a consistent light spectrum. Under LEDs every way you look at from it changes in hues. So... Bottom line I'd say they look fine, keep an eye on the overall lightening of the leaves but other than that they all look green as green can be. :)

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Back
Top Bottom