Northern Lights x Widow - Just Over A Week From Seed To Sprout

Oh come on Bro. Flip the switch already!;-)

LOL.. ITS DONE MATE!! She is tanning as we speak:) My 600w pumps out some light n heat compared to da 400!! Shit..
My ballast seems to have settled down now, no flames yet!!
So mate, about what 55-65 days and i should have nice buds, if she surviVes!!! MAY GANGA GOD HELP CINDY AND FREE HER FROM HER BINDS, AND SHALL SHE PRODUCE LARGE PLENTIFUL BUD OVER 10oz DRY:):):) :amen:
Thanks TG:) Later mate, cant wait to see flowers!!!

Smokem, bro you know I'm not gona try to tell you how to grow, but are you really going to transplant your girl right before to flower her? That doesn't sound like a good idea to me. All 4 of my plants have roots close to the surface. I don't know bro, I don't know shit but I think that you run the risk of shocking your beautiful plant righ before you go into flower. I've read that cannabis rots slow down when flowering I think I read that in the grow bible by George servantaz. Anyways bro I'm not trying to tell you how to grow, but that don't sound right to me.

Im considering it TG... Not sure, and mate - YOUR COMMENTS ARE FINE OK:) I have transplanted many times with now side effects, so its not that hard its just a pain in the ass if i have to. My last grow was in a 25 litre pot 5ft tall plant with 8 oz dry buds off her, and she had some fine roots along the surface as the soil receeded some, but these are bigger. I really think its from the moisture directly under her, and this is where the most Humus soil is.. Cindy is in about a 35 litre pot, so she maybe fine, as i said there s none on the rest of the drier soil further across her pot. This is whats making me think it maybe for moisture. But bcos some leaves had wilted and died so rapidly i thought of this?
Ive taken some of the shitty little growths that were on the base, as these seemed to be dying off anyway and were a waste of time for the plant to try turn to bud. She has been trimmed rather heavily in the last week. Im trying to leave her be as much as possible now, as the 600 penetrates thru the canopy well now. Im hanging to see flowers on her! She may even survive in her pot being slightly rootbound for the next 4-7 weeks.. Fingers crossed.. Take it easy my friend, THANK YOU FOR ALL THE COMMENTS MATE! Catch ya, Smokem..

Yeah thanks Jimmy! But Cindy s 80cm long x 1ft wide, its a big transplant bro, id have to try tip her sideways and pull her out! Id have to move her to a 100cm long and 1.5ft wide.. Shit its gunna cost me $40 for the pot, and a 2hr drive there n back farkit...
I just get the feeling she maybe getting lose to rootbound, but there s no shoots coming thru the other side of the pot? Only under her base where its moist? You think she maybe just putting roots there coz of the moisture??

Nah you just gotta hit the gym more Smokey :D. People can xplant like 25 gallon plants with the method I use :D.

BTW if you want a bigger pot Just get a tote from walmart or the walmart equivalent in Aussiland. You can find plastic bins that are like 18-50 gallons for 4-7 bucks, then you just drill holes in the bottom. You could probably find a container for even cheaper then that with some searching and ingenuity.

But yeah if its just too big to hold up with 1 hand like I mentioned do everything the same except lay it on a table.

Nah you just gotta hit the gym more Smokey :D. People can xplant like 25 gallon plants with the method I use :D.

BTW if you want a bigger pot Just get a tote from walmart or the walmart equivalent in Aussiland. You can find plastic bins that are like 18-50 gallons for 4-7 bucks, then you just drill holes in the bottom. You could probably find a container for even cheaper then that with some searching and ingenuity.

But yeah if its just too big to hold up with 1 hand like I mentioned do everything the same except lay it on a table.

Ive got a home gymnasium bro!! lol. I can hold her easy its just awkward, as she is rectangular in shape of her pot/trough..
So its not a regular shape. The town i live in sucks ass when it comes to getting anything in general!! Lucky we got oxygen here bro:)
The place that stocks good pots and the same as the one im using is 45 mins drive.. But mate, if it means keeping Cindy alive ill do it. She should be right in her current pot for about 4 days yeah? Its not like she's wilting or anything, its just these root tips got me trippin..
Wont it be fine to leave these tips exposed?? And if she s only just starting root binding, could she survive til harvest time??
ANYONE HAD EXPERIENCE WITH A SIMILAR SITUATION?? PLZ FEEL FREE TO LEAVE ANY INFO:) THANKS, SMOKEMUP..

TBH the plant will do just fine in the pot its in. It would just do a bit better in a bigger pot if it is infact already getting rootbound.

As for roots popping up out of the soil dont worry about it. They will just dry up and die off eventually, normal plant stuff.

Thanks Jimmy:)
Yeah well my last few plants have had massive root structures, basically all the pot was roots and could hardly see soil! But yeah, i dont think she's quite fully rootbound, yeah she may have filled most of the pot, but id hope she can pull thru and see out harvest. The only thing that made me think this was due to the roots comin thru, but yeah they only like 2-3 of em just pokin out. So ive covered em a little, but yeah i thought they may just die off and still be ok. Just a stress head:) My ballast lasted her first 12 hr cycle for a while:) No flames as yet so thats a bonus!! Cheers for your quick reply mate!! Youre a gun!! Cheers n chat tmoz buddy, SMOKEMUP.. P.s.. MY BOWLS EMPTY:'(

That is interesting invi. I`ve gone over a couple of times but thats with extra dark not extra light. Maybe its ok as long as they still get 12 hours of dark to follow each light period ? I dont know but could be right. 12 hours of dark ( or more of course ) I find is essential but you can get away with longer dark period now and again.

Cut a hole in the bottom of the pot...does'nt have to be the whole bottom..a hole about 2-3 inches from the side..don;t worry about cutting some root..then place pot in another one filled 3-4 inches from the top...TG40 is right..roots slow growth when in flower..the other option is take out of pot and trim rootsMom plant care: root pruning

i had a mother plant i repotted...she was huge...i let her dry out...dumped her out on a table with the top past the edge of the table...to keep from doing too much damage to the top...a good watering after transplant..she didn't wilt or nothing...remember this is a weed..:goodluck:...me...i would cut pot bottom...

Yeah you flipped finally!

Considering my current grow the bigger the pot the bigger the yield, but i might be wrong...
so good luck for the repot if you choose to do it!

Flowers to be seen in a week..? :)

That is interesting invi. I`ve gone over a couple of times but thats with extra dark not extra light. Maybe its ok as long as they still get 12 hours of dark to follow each light period ? I dont know but could be right. 12 hours of dark ( or more of course ) I find is essential but you can get away with longer dark period now and again.

^whats this about?

just getting caught up, can i just ask about the 600watt light, did you put this into a 400watt ballast or does your ballast adjust with a switch giving you more watts when you want it,

Lewkin good dude! Awesome grow..

I bet your excited now its bud time! Mine is about 2 weeks away from 12/12.. :)

Yeah Mate, Im EXCITED:):) For sure!!
Ah, well for now theres nothing really changing thats visible, it will be once she starts to build up enough Auuxins,flowering hormones to start seeing some flowers develop.. THEN ITS FULL STEAM AHEAD!!! I just hope that Cindy's not rootbound, or if she s starting to be, well hope she will survive until harvest time.. I know her yield may be restricted if she s rootbound but, long as shes maintained im hoping she will last and still give me some nice buds at least.. I want to take all her somewhat 'useless' growths off, so only the dominant ones get energy, and clear out the inner canopy for the shoots to get enough light so they can also build some decent nugs..
Im not sure, but i thought i been told that its better to take all the growths off that are needed to be taken off in one go, as opposed to doing it over a few weeks.. Ive done this slowly but have taken up to 6 fan leaves at a time, if i was to trim all the small shoots and the fans i needed to clear i think that that, would be more stressful?? As she's just going to flower, i havent got long to do anything before i risk her Hermie on me.. So any thoughts you may have would be appreciated bro! Thanks again for stopping by:) Later mate, SMOKEM..

Hmmm.. Think youre on the wrong page Bill:):)

Yeah you flipped finally!

Considering my current grow the bigger the pot the bigger the yield, but i might be wrong...
so good luck for the repot if you choose to do it!

Flowers to be seen in a week..? :)

^whats this about?

Thanks INVI:):)
You think she ll pump out flowers in about a week yeah?? Shit hot!! She has the 2 pre-flowers on the stalk which is good:) Seems like years since my last grow now! But yeah, im not sure on what BILL was posting about mate??:) Think he was on the wrong page? Lol.. Anyways. I am thinking of re-potting, but ill have to wait a few days before i can do it.. I will have to lay her on her side, on my Linolium floor, with some pastic bags under her, ill tip each side to loosen her up, then put her fully on her side and as i pull the pot away ill get my mrs to support her base and soil and help guide it out. Once its on the plastic bags i can wrap them around the roots and pick her up And move her to the new pot:):) If she wasnt so big id do it on my own but she s in a fairly big pot really. I dont know the total volume but its 80cm longx1ft wide x 1.5ft deep, holds just over 35 litres of soil. My last few pots have only been 25 litre and have all given me over 8 oz dry, my highest being 10.5 oz indoor.
The shape of Cindy being an LST, has thrown me off a little:reading420magazine: As i said in a previous post, if she was left to grow normal, i think she'd possibly be at 4/5ft, so really i should have flowered her sooner i m thinkin as if she doubles now, thats a 2 metre plant i cant fit in my grow room!!!! Id just have to pull her out and stick her in the spare room?? Shit man i kinda hope she only grows another 1-2 ft in total to all her 12 primary branches.. THATS SCARY ENOUGH:):) In a good way tho! As im thinking some of her growth will be fairly small down low, so i need the top half to produce as much as possible, this is why im trimming fans above all the big shoots coming from the 12 primaries, so they get a chance to grow as big as possible and hopefully give me some good buds..
Do you think this is the best way to go about this?? I know that taking alot of fans off isnt the best, but cindy has plenty of foliage, but i understand that the large fan leaves provide sugars,etc; and also arent they meant to help with the strength of the smoke??
So with this in mind im trying to be careful, im just trying to give all the shoots around the cola's get as much light as possible so that they will fill in around em, and make me sum buds!! What is your opinion on this mate?? Have you removed fan leaves before if they were squashing together or blocking shoots underneath from growing?? THANKS FOR DROPPING BY INVI:thanks::thanks::clap:
Take it easy, SMOKEMUPM8;)

Thank you MIWA!!!
Yeah this is similar to the method i was going to use, but i was just going to lay it on my Lino flooring ontop of some plastic rubbish bags and free her from the pot, get my mrs to help pull her free, and slowly pull her onto the plastic where ill wrap this around her soil and can pick her up safely:) Good idea on the cutting of the base, but if im going to do anything ill just re pot her bro... Its easiest way to ensure she will have enough room. THANK YOU FOR THE LINKS TOO BUDDY!!!
So hows your ganja comin along mate??? Hope you get some juicy stink nugs too mate:thanks::thumb:
Take it easy, SMOKEM..

just getting caught up, can i just ask about the 600watt light, did you put this into a 400watt ballast or does your ballast adjust with a switch giving you more watts when you want it,

Hi DonPaul:) How you going??
Na mate.. Ive got a separate ballast for each light mate, and seperate shades/reflectors and sockets.. Ive got 2 400w MH and HPS set ups and my 600w set up..
I like the idea of these digital ballasts but too expensive atm, but maybe somethin i can get in future.. Im actually thinking of hanging a hps vertically for side lighting without a reflector, BUT TEMPS WILL BE A PROB... Thats a certainty!! So im using a CFL atm in a cage light, cheap and nasty but works! What would your suggestions be for me in regard to trimming leaves to let the inner shoots get enough light to produce good buds. I dont want to strip her of all her foliage, just take what i need to that i cant tuck or tie, that are causing sweating and squashing/blocking of lights to the shoots below. My thoughts were to try get adequate lighting to her mid section, and to her tops so that all the shoots around the cola's can grow as big as they can.. Have you feathered a plant from some leaves here and there before? I have been taking a few off each day before she starts to flower as i didnt want to hermie her.. Am i right in thinking of doing this before she advances into flower too much? SORRY FOR THE TONNE OF QUESTIONS:):) Take it easy mate, and Cheers for dropping by mate! Have a good one, SMOKEM..:thanks::thanks:

To quote one of the most influential founders of the US, Patrick Henry. His words about Cindy were.

3b50326r1.jpg

Just wanting to pop in for moral support for you and Cindy ;)

ANYTIME AUNT FLUFFY!!!! Youve been here for her since birth...Awww.. So yeah she needs the occasional hello from ya!!:)
So how you been anyways buddy?? Hope your well.. And hows your lil NLB going??? I hope she s coming along nicely for you:high-five::goodjob: Thank you for dropping in again mate, take care.. SMOKE n CINDY:)

To quote one of the most influential founders of the US, Patrick Henry. His words about Cindy were.

3b50326r1.jpg

BAHAHAHA:):) Shit guys i gotta find some of these pics so i can do sum:) Cindy is renowned for centuries as being the longest Vegging plant in history and quite possibly may have some of mans finest nugs:):) Lol.. Ill just be happy if she will last til end of her cycle, and that ive not hindered her growth too much. This is why im thinking its probably best for me to feather some fan leaves, so all the big new shoots under the main cola's can get as much light as possible so that hopefully they will give me some decent buds. As i m not sure how the inner growth of Cindy is going to turn out as its very dense in between all them branches.. Ive got my CFL light in the cage on her side for some extra light, its best i can do for now?? Would you think my rational is appropriate?? I want to give the main colas and the large shoots preference over tiny ones that wont give much, im thinking of removing some more of these small shoots soon, before she' s too far into flower..
Thanks Jimmy, UR a CHAMP!Later bro, thanks for your help of late, your a saint!
Later homie, SMOKEM..:thanks::thumb:

Back
Top Bottom