NorthernCosmos' First Indoor Soil Auto Grow: 2019

I hope this is as far as it goes... If nothing else, it makes all my other plants look healthy :laughtwo:

Day_66_Wilma.JPG

I know what you are going through Cosmos, I cried first time I got symptoms of cal/mag def and couldn't understand why they looked like that.

I got these symptoms on Spliff now and it started after the shower/wash. Gave the roots a minor flush as well when showering her off and I bet it washed away some important minerals in the process.

I would go with Sheds advice and trim away all those dead leafs, she will look better and more light will go towards bud swelling.

:blunt:

Thanks for the reassurances guys :)

Strange thing: a friend just had two plants crash in a similar'ish manner. Same seedbank and nutes as me. At his place an Amnesia crashed with a BCN following, and at my place it was a White Widow. No good explanations for that one either.

Oh well. I'll do some trimming. Can I cut off parts of leaves, or should they always be pulled at the petiole?

Hi Northern, The multi plant scenario is confusing. I've had certain plants do like yours and believe it was due to genetics. I bet you get good smoke from her and with a tight trim, noone will know the difference. Think on nutes maybe as it's common? I know since I got the strong light I have cal/mag issuer every time now. I need to figure it into my soil mix or pay close attention to signs and feed when first found. Mine have been going light on mag so last time I gave them epsom salts with good results.

I'm feeding mine calcium rich well water and give them a little some Epsom Salt now and then (poor mans CalMag?). This has worked fairly well for 9 plants, with just this one "crashing". I've given up on speculating why as I simply don't have the experience to form any hypotheses.

So strong light may lead to deficiencies? CalMag hunger in particular? That could in part explain things for mine and my friend's crashed plants as lights were lowered (but the again my Amnesia is fine)(?) Still, everything including environment, nutes and light should be "within specs". OK - I was not to speculate... ;)

But yeah, I'm sure the produce will be just fine, and that is my main goal. It's satisfying to have healthy and good looking plants though :)

Maybe they gotten Corona like rest of the world? ;)

As I said before its not uncommon with genetic mutations and you will see this many times in different forms, some the plant itself get over and some of them cant be medicated away with any household witch craft. Do you know some even give them colloidal silver to reverse sex on them and what ever... Who would like a hen plant? :laughtwo:

You are doing great Cosmos with you girls! :)

It's day 74 for the seniors and day 32 for the little ones. The senior Amnesia to the left is the plant that is the greenest so close to chop that I've had, and the White Widow to the right is the yellowest I've had (the lower leaves are green on though...).

The yellowing and burnt Widow has stabilized, as in not getting any worse it seems. The chop is only around ten days away, so it doesn't matter; the yellow is set to just about not creep into the colas.

The 4 Northern Lights are looking good. They're very low with lower salad leaves. That's a trait of all 5 strains I've tried from this seedbank, or perhaps it's my growing style and conditions that keeps churning out these bonzais...:hmmmm: When the seniors have been chopped, I'm dropping two seeds from other seedbanks. That'll hopefully tell me more about the genes vs method/conditions aspect.

Tent_08_04_2020.JPG

Back
Top Bottom