NorthernCosmos' First Indoor Soil Auto Grow: 2019

Been a bit busy, so I'm late with posting. The OG Kush went down, got a couple of days drying, then I had to grab some branches and run off to a party where we dried it in a paper bag in the oven. That went OK, no overt harshness, and of course the OGK effects was undeniable. The rest of it, which got the slow drying, is now in the jars.

Day_94_Ophelia_1.JPG

Day_94_Ophelia_3.JPG

With that done, the next thing moving into the tent is a CBD 20:1 auto from Fast Bud. It's time to make some medicine for my mother. Another thing that I should've gotten into years and years ago...

The CBD 20:1 auto seeds from Fast Bud are part of yet another seed order my grower friends and I made. The genetic makeup isn't specified apart from 50/50 Sativa/Indica (and some ruderalis by necessity I'd think, being autos(!)). Now we have more than a dozen new strains to try out in addition to already grown ones. I think there's ca. 20 strains total in our little seed bank. These are latest ones:

Jack Hair
Devil´s kiss
Quick One Auto
Purple Glam Kush
Zkittly Zi Zi
Fast Bud CBD 20:1

Got some freebies with that (single seeds):

Grande Crack
White Widow XXL
White Widow x Big Bud

Oh and the Chocopopo I listed previously was a mistake, it ended up being Kali’s Mistery.

It's day 73 for the Purple Haze - It's definitely late autumn, and it's going down in a few days. It's not quite as crazy trichy as the last one, but still looking good and with rock hard buds.

The Amnesias are on day 63. They're getting their MC feed of 1.5g/l currently. That's not too much it seems, so I'll add a little more for the next feedings. I think I'll start with a little more earlier on for the next MC feeders.

The new BCN Critical and OG Kush are now in training. They're the next pair up for an MC diet, starting in a couple of days.

Then there's the CBD 20:1 that was planted today. It's hidden in the back left corner for now.

The damn gnats are still there. Not in any great numbers though. They rather seem to have stabilized with a very tiny population. I rarely see any flying around anymore, but I catch 4 or 5 of them crawling around in the run off trays every time I visit the tent, and the sticky traps are slowly accumulating specimens.

Not very exciting stuff, but it's all plodding along and doing what it's supposed to.

Tent_15_12_2020.JPG

I just ground some OG Kush, and out of the grinder rolled a seed...(!!!)

How can that be? There are no males here. The only nannering hermie I had was many months ago, and no pollen escaped AFAIK, so I don't think it can't be that. Are spontaneous seeds a possibility at all, with hermieing and sex changes being things that these plants can do? :hmmmm:

As can be seen in the picture, a small section of the seed shell broke off in the grinder. The big question is, will it germinate... What do you reckon?

Snap_003.jpg

Catalina the CBN 20:1 is looking good at day 6 since seed in soil.

Germinating and planting this one was a bit dramatic. When I first went to have a look at the seed in water, it was gone! I had splashed the water a bit, and it turned out the seed went over the edge. I found it on the floor after 2 days.

Then I put it in water again, and later in wet paper towels and then planted it when it had got a tail. A couple of days later I had managed to disturb it with the moisture-retaining dome, and I found it was lying on it's side on top of the soil, so I carefully put it back in the soil again.

Yesterday, after a couple of day above the soil, it had not shed the shell, so removed it manually - the little girls looked a bit sad after all that. I was beginning to be afraid she wouldn't make it... However today she looks great - medicine for mum is on the way now, and I'm busy researching CBD oil extraction! :cool:

Day_6_Catalina.JPG

Phoebe the Purple Haze got the chop today at day 80. That was the last plant to get the AN pH Perfect nutes, now I'm all in on the MC. That was also the last harvest for this year, but I'll be busy harvesting again already in January.

She wasn't the biggest yielder, but that'll be some tasty new years supplies. And if it's anything like the previous Purple Haze, it'll go well with some good far out music :yummy: (then again, what weed doesn't...)

And with that I wish you all a merry Christmas and a happy new year! :passitleft:

Chop_Phoebe.JPG

Chop_Phoebe_2.JPG

Germinating and planting this one was a bit dramatic. When I first went to have a look at the seed in water, it was gone! I had splashed the water a bit, and it turned out the seed went over the edge. I found it on the floor after 2 days.

Then I put it in water again, and later in wet paper towels and then planted it when it had got a tail. A couple of days later I had managed to disturb it with the moisture-retaining dome, and I found it was lying on it's side on top of the soil, so I carefully put it back in the soil again.

Yesterday, after a couple of day above the soil, it had not shed the shell, so removed it manually - the little girls looked a bit sad after all that. I was beginning to be afraid she wouldn't make it... However today she looks great
Well that's quite a start in life! Looks damn fine given what it's been through :).
I'm busy researching CBD oil extraction!
Post questions here or in my thread if you have any. I do a fair bit of CBD oil and even have it tested!
Phoebe the Purple Haze got the chop today at day 80.
Looks like some solid buds there NC. Congratulations!

A brand new year, same old grow... It's serving me well though.

I'm hoping to fill up that tent with green, it's a bit barren ATM... I have the two Amnesias in the dark box, to be chopped on Thursday or Friday. Catalina the CBD to the left is doing fine, and so does Beatrix the Banana Monkey to the right. The middle BCN and OG Kush are on day 49.

The Amnesias got a lot of yellow and drying leaves, it's OK in the sense that it's autumn for them, but maybe a bit more than I'm used to. Hopefully, I'm better at the MC dosage now - as in giving therm a little more, especially earlier on.

Waiting for my order of Perlite to arrive so I can drop some new seeds. Now I only need to choose the next ones... I'm almost paralyzed by all the options :laughtwo:

Oh yeah, and those OG Kush seeds... I've found 5 of them so far(!)

Tent_06_01_2021_2.JPG

I did the double amnesia chop yesterday. They had foxtailed a bit due to me forgetting the lights switched on for 2 or 3 days. These amnesias do that if dubjectet to light shocks; seen it before. They're were decent yielders, with quite frosty trim for my future-bubble-hash adventures.

Chop_Ariel_Amelia.JPG

Now there a battle with the dry winter air. The two passive evaporators are able to hold the RH of the drying box above 50%, but that requires almost no circulation. I'm keeping my eye on that, as tiny adjustments to the size of the crack of the door gives RH varying between between 40% and 80%.

Chop_Ariel_Amelia_2.JPG

I also have a little mystery going. See the drooping BCN Critical XXL auto to the left, then the perky OG Kush auto to the right. The BCN perks up half a day after watering, then droops and stays like that until the next feeding. The bucket is not dry by weight or moisture sensor. Not quite sure why it only stays perky in a short window right after watering - it does look healthy (the light coloured teeth on its leave is just a funny light reflection in this photo).

Otherwise the two are staying nice and green at day 51 and 46. Looks like they like the MC - I have had zero nute burns tips with MC (got that "all the time" with my previous nutes), so I'm, jacking up the dosage slowly to find the upper limit, which seems to be above the general recommendation from the manufacturer.

Day_51_Brunilda_46_Olga.JPG

I've tried giving it a little watering on top. That's how I discovered that does the perk/droop cycle strictly in time with the watering (with 1/2 day delay). Will keep doing that since it seems to like it. Strange how it's just the one plant though. Then again, there's always something like that to keep the grow interesting :laughtwo:

As you may remember, the buckets have speed holes lower down for draining and aeration - poor mans Air Pot (should've been more holes perhaps). I'll get some fabric pots eventually - almost all all the best grows I see are using them. The red plastic buckets are also letting through a little light, which I've read isn't optimal for the roots.

This is the BCNC XXL to the left at day 54 in a more perky state, and the OG Kush to the right at day 49. IMO these look very nice and fresh - I'm thinking the MC is working. I did give them a little bananawater and Epsom salt as well with yesterdays feeding, as a tip from Apoc's rather impressive auto grow. The BCN has more than 40 bud sites which I'm totally fine with :p

Tent_11_01_2021_1.JPG

Oh, and the gnats are gone - details in my gnat help thread:

Back
Top Bottom