Obi Grows: Pure Power Cookies 2021

2021-Obi-PPC-053.jpg

Going hard. They might need more light but I'm reluctant to turn it up too fast. Perhaps a little sooner next time...

2021-Obi-PPC-054.jpg

Grouchy plant with a mild case of N tox. She wants the light so bad she flipped a curled leaf upright with some kind of anti-gravity voodoo, lol. Only these couple popped up so far. Made me smile.

2021-Obi-PPC-054.jpg

Grouchy plant with a mild case of N tox. She wants the light so bad she flipped a curled leaf upright with some kind of anti-gravity voodoo, lol. Only these couple popped up so far. Made me smile.
It looks like it's flipping the middle finger at you:laugh:
All's looking good mate.:thumb:

Fed again last night. CalMag + 20-10-20 + a little Magnesium bump + Recharge. pH 6.2, 450ppm.

Chilling up north. Vaping some GSC and reading in a lounge chair by the camper.

I heard something behind me sniffing around. It's not uncommon for a country neighbor to walk along the gravel road with their dogs. Sometimes the dogs will wander through the edge of the property smelling the smells. No reason for alarm. I didn't give it much thought.

The sniffing sound grew closer. Right behind my ear. I could feel breath on my neck. I was guessing it was the large golden retriever saying hello.

Then the head appeared as it walked beside my chair.

Bear. A small one. But bear...

I sat motionless as it sniffed my lap. Then he licked my leg and slowly opened his mouth for a cautious investigative taste.

That's when I put a stop to the encounter. He jumped back about 20 feet when I moved my leg out of the way. He stopped and looked at me then took off as I stood up.

I have a couple 3 second vids of the encounter that I can't seem to post. One shows him opening his mouth on my leg.

Fed last night. 20-10-20 + CalMAg. 400 ppm, pH 6.0.

They look pretty good. Most plants could have used some water 24hrs sooner. This container size allowed me a little wiggle room I hope. I'll check the lowers tonight for drought damage. I typically see damage from underwatering first in the lower older growth as well as the weaker inner growth. It dies off very quick. None of the mains or tops showed signs of wilt so I think I watered just in time...

They look more than pretty good. They look extremely healthy. I read my plants the same way, when it comes to watering. I look for the life draining from the weak and old leaves.. all in all, fabulous job mate
.:thumb:
Oh!! Your encounter with the baby bear. Did you not panick? I would have soiled my underpants in that situation.. do you think mummy bear would have been lurking somewhere near?

They look more than pretty good. They look extremely healthy. I read my plants the same way, when it comes to watering. I look for the life draining from the weak and old leaves.. all in all, fabulous job mate
.:thumb:
Oh!! Your encounter with the baby bear. Did you not panick? I would have soiled my underpants in that situation.. do you think mummy bear would have been lurking somewhere near?
Thanks, @Squiggle

The bear encounter didn't hit me until later when I looked at the pics and video and realized how bad that could have gone. In the moment I was caught off-guard by a little bear doing little bear things. When he got a little too curious with his mouth the moment changed to survival mode. When he stopped, turned, and looked at me I immediately checked over my shoulder for mama. No others in sight.

I dialed up the light to 100% (500W). All leaf tips are currently pointing in the right direction. Checking every couple hours for signs of stress.

I fell asleep last night with the light set at 100%. Unintended. Everything looks the same at lights on this evening. Leaf tips are still straight and horizontal or slightly vertical. No signs of bleaching... yet.

Cabinet temperature raised 1 degree F after doubling the light power. The cabinet temp maxed out at 80F. I have lots of headroom to dial up the exhaust fan if needed. The plants appear happy. I'm going to stop messing with the environment and let things ride for a week.

If everything looks good in a week I'm thinking of switching to the 7-15-30 finish nutrients, stopping the liquid CalMag and supplementing dry Calcium and/or Magnesium if needed down the road. My grow media has additional Dolomitic Lime which can leach Calcium and Magnesium into the root zone while buffering the pH of the Peat over the course of the grow. I think the added Gypsum leaches Calcium Sulfate as well.

2021-Obi-PPC-061.jpg

They look pretty good. Most plants could have used some water 24hrs sooner. This container size allowed me a little wiggle room I hope. I'll check the lowers tonight for drought damage. I typically see damage from underwatering first in the lower older growth as well as the weaker inner growth. It dies off very quick. None of the mains or tops showed signs of wilt so I think I watered just in time...
Do u use 20-10-20 the whole grow or change at flower time? I’m using 20-10-

I’m using 20-10-20 and thinking about changing to 10-30-20 for flowering.

Do u use 20-10-20 the whole grow or change at flower time? I’m using 20-10-

I’m using 20-10-20 and thinking about changing to 10-30-20 for flowering.

In my experience the plants will do just fine from start to finish with the 20-10-20 and some CalMag. Simple, repeatable results.

Wanting to experiment a little, I've had good success using the bloom boost formula when flipping to bloom, switching back to the 20-10-20 mid way through stretch, and then finishing up with a low N blend.

I don't think I'd want to run the 10-30-20 for the entire bloom cycle. I'd alternate with something.

Back
Top Bottom