Obi's Aurora Indica - Indoor - T5 - Perlite Hempy

Thanks Obi.
I've got them in small cloning pots right now. There's about an inch of water in the bottom. No nutes yet. I suspect they'll take about 2 or 3 weeks to grow roots that reach down to the bottom of the cloning pots. I expect to see a growth change at the point the roots hit the bottom of the small cloning pots and that will trigger their move to the permanent pots.
Anyway, thanks again for your help.
Your babies are looking super.

Like most plants given a reprieve from a "threat", I'd wager they'll blast off once they catch stride again. They look too healthy to go the other route.

I will say these Aurora Indica plants have been a pleasure to grow so far. There have been no real surprises at all and they seem to tolerate the warm grow cabinet temps during veg without issue. Deep green, fat fingered foliage soak up all the light my modest T5 can throw at them.

I have two phenotypes but they are all very similar indeed. One plant is more squat than the others with a thick inner nest of potential bud sites. The other two are about two or three inches taller with a little more air flow through the inner growth. I am eager to see how they transition and progress through flower.

The smell through veg so far has been pretty easy to deal with. It's there, no doubt about it. I simply don't notice it quite as much. Hints of black pepper, spices and something else.. dirt perhaps. I don't detect any of the citrus notes from the Northern Lights yet. It will be fun to see how the fragrance evolves in the following weeks after we flip!

/Obi Wan
:Namaste:

I was putting together a new hempy clone pot this morning, and was also setup to do some Epsom salt spraying (.5 tsp/gal).
I already had the water in the garden sprayer and decided to water the new hempy pot with the spray.
It worked much better than just pouring water in. None of the perlite shifted or floated. No perlite movement at all.
I'm planning on using the sprayer to water all my hempys from now on.
Have you tried? It's way good.

Log Date:
09/12/2014
Growth Stage:Veg
Veg Days (Weeks):43d (6w)
Flower Days (Weeks):0d (0w)
Total Days (Weeks):43d (6w)
Health:Healthy
Canopy Temp Max: 86F/30C
Canopy Temp Min:68F/20C
Ceiling Temp Avg:79F/26C
Floor Temp Avg:79/26C
RH Min:34%
RH Max:
57%
Water Type:
RO
GH Flora-Grow:
5ml
GH Flora-Micro:5ml
GH Flora-Bloom:2.5ml
pH In/Out:
5.7/ 6.5
PPM:810
Light Schedule:
18/6

Light Type:T5HO
Color Temp:
Blue 6500K

Notes: 6 gallon feeding. Fed each plant 2 gallons. Finally had measurable run off. I believe I am still under watering. I will try to top off the res each time from now on. Growth is exploding. Plants grew into the T5 and got a little lesson about flying too close to the sun...

Picture showing the stream of water flowing out of the hempy reservoir overflow hole

/Obi Wan

PS. The grey tube you see laying between the containers is the wand from the garden sprayer :)
I completely removed the spray nozzle at the tip and just let the water gently flow where ever I need it. It works great. I can reach and saturate the entire grow media easily and with a lot of control.

My plan in progress:

Final deep veg feeding (2 gallons each on 09/12/14) - done
Plain water next feeding
Flip light schedule to 12/12 @ 09/24/14
Full strength flower schedule feeding

I still haven't had time to install the scrog and I am now running out of vertical space. All plants are growing about 1-2 inches per day.

/Obi

It's been a week since we saw plant pictures.
I know you love the hardware, but...:).

You are correct! Gosh. A prime example of how the days and weeks are flying by at ridiculous speed lately. Six more days until I host the launch event for my new business. Hopefully after that life will settle into a more predictable groove for a few weeks.

I will get some pics tonight. I like Peyton's suggestion to get things started with the scrog by starting some LST with some wire I have laying around.

Cheers!
/Obi

I like Peyton's suggestion to get things started with the scrog by starting some LST with some wire I have laying around.

Cheers!
/Obi

I think that's a wise decision. With the health and growth rate of your plants, and considering you were already contemplating a scrog, it's a GO! If not you may want to consider topping, but meh, you got this man.

:cool:

Burning the midnight oil. I took a break to snap a few pics :)

Cheers!
/Obi Wan
:volcano-smiley:

Looking SO sweet.
I notice a touch of perhaps burn on the top of one of the plants. Last photo post, 5th photo down, far right side.
Any thoughts?

Yes. That is damage from heat stress and under watering. About a week ago that particular branch grew rapidly, got too close to the light and cooked a few leaves. That top was about two or three inches from a bulb. I quickly raised the light to prevent further damage to other approaching branches.

I'm walking a fine line with my cabinet temps. The canopy temperature reading is taken at 12 inches below the light. The temps climb quickly as you measure nearer the light. I went several days without being able to maintain things as well as I'd like and the canopy grew well past the measurement mark and into the hot zone for a day or two. Coupled with drying out from lack of water the heat was too much.

Happy growing,
/Obi Wan
:Namaste:

Log Date:
09/19/2014
Growth Stage:Veg
Veg Days (Weeks):50d (7w)
Flower Days (Weeks):0d (0w)
Total Days (Weeks):50d (7w)
Health:Healthy
Canopy Temp Max: 88F/31C
Canopy Temp Min:68F/20C
Ceiling Temp Avg:80F/26C
Floor Temp Avg:78/25C
RH Min:37%
RH Max:
57%
Water Type:
RO
GH Flora-Grow:
00ml
GH Flora-Micro:00ml
GH Flora-Bloom:00ml
pH in/out:5.5/6.0
PPM:0030
Light Schedule:
18/6

Light Type:T5HO
Color Temp:
Blue 6500K

Notes: Added 1.0ml/gal CaliMagic. Watered with 6 gallons. All plants took about 1.75gal. All had ample run off. Run off color is very clear. Perhaps a slight nute tinge of pink

Showing the clean, clear run off...
Cheers!
/Obi Wan
:volcano-smiley:

Back
Top Bottom