Obi's Aurora Indica - Indoor - T5 - Perlite Hempy

Those are going to be some scary monsters when they are in later flowering.. can't wait. They look great Master Obi Wan......

-.Green hits to all.-

I am beginning to get a little concerned about space. They have packed on a lot of size in the last 10 days or so. I only have about 18" left of head room to work with. I'm trying to visualize the stretch during flower and I agree, they could be a hand full in the not so distant future.

I've been really tempted to flip to 12/12 early but I am going to stick to my original plan and see it through. Five or six more days to go is manageable. I may drop in two 4000k bulbs and begin the color temperature transition tonight.

Happy growing!
/Obi Wan
:Namaste:

If you think you may be running out of head space and still have a couple of days before the switch could always give tie them down a little or give em another topping / cleaning up. Or a combo. Your being very meticulous and planned this time so I'm not sure either of those option were really in the cards for you.

They are looking really nice and bushy :) Flower is gonna be fun!

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm gonna have to get it figured out this weekend.

I noticed a little bit of fade on the edges of a few leaves on AI3. I think all are going to be ready for a feeding very soon which will probably result in another five inch burst of new growth.

I could be dealing with worse problems. I'm very thankful they have tolerated my learning curve so far :)

Green vibes everyone!
/Obi Wan
:love:

Agreed. I think I may have missed a couple windows of opportunity and my options are decrementing by the day.

I'm not sure why I feel (felt) apprehensive about deploying my scrog. It's built and sitting about 20" away from the cabinet. Quite in the way, actually. Learning on the autoflowers may have put the fear in me to do everything I can not to harm them and stunt growth.

Bah!

/Obi

Agreed. I think I may have missed a couple windows of opportunity and my options are decrementing by the day.

I'm not sure why I feel (felt) apprehensive about deploying my scrog. It's built and sitting about 20" away from the cabinet. Quite in the way, actually. Learning on the autoflowers may have put the fear in me to do everything I can not to harm them and stunt growth.

Bah!

/Obi

Well, sounds like you've been busy?

Look. I have had the fear of autoflower delicateness hammered into me as well. I cannot even germinate seeds without breaking into a cold sweat. Now, regular photoperiod plants - you must have read how I dropped Hazel headfirst into the bathtub? Then he just kept on growing despite me.

So have at it. Do what you want. It is supposed to be a joyful thing growing a plant and using it. (!!!!) :Namaste:

Scrog the next batch. There will always be the next grow - hopefully until we are so very old our nursing staff will have to water them for us!

... I may drop in two 4000k bulbs and begin the color temperature transition tonight.

yes ^^

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm gonna have to get it figured out this weekend.

I noticed a little bit of fade on the edges of a few leaves on AI3. I think all are going to be ready for a feeding very soon which will probably result in another five inch burst of new growth.

I could be dealing with worse problems. I'm very thankful they have tolerated my learning curve so far :)

Green vibes everyone!
/Obi Wan
:love:

If you get into a situation where you have to do some heavy pruning, you'll just end up adding a few more days to them so there's the tradeoff there too. Interested to hear what you decide.

I caught the plants playing show-and-tell in the cabinet tonight...

/Obi

I also noticed some leaf "canoeing". I'm thinking heat or pH.

/Obi

I just got done doing some pruning and tied down a few branches with some wire. I'm off to bed, lol!

I raised the light up as high as it will go. I'm going to leave it there for a day or two and see how they react.

Hey obi,my plants are looking very much like yours(give or take 7-10 days). Is the signal of the whispy white bits a good sign then? I haven't a clue about topping? I'm understanding the "lst" but as its my 1st grow I'm very nervous about most things concerning my babies. Yours are looking just swell buddy,wish you lived close by so you could further help me on my quest.
Peace out
Dusty

Those white bits are pistils, the first sign of female sex dusty. If you lived close to Chicago, I'd help ya.

Girls are looking great Obi. Can't wait to see how that flower action goes

Log Date:
09/26/2014
Growth Stage:Veg
Veg Days (Weeks):57d (8w)
Flower Days (Weeks):00d (0w)
Total Days (Weeks):57d (8w)
Health:Healthy
Canopy Temp Max: 90F/32C
Canopy Temp Min:72F/22C
Ceiling Temp Avg:77F/25C
Floor Temp Avg:74/23C
RH Min:35%
RH Max:
66%
Water Type:
RO
GH Flora-Grow:
4ml
GH Flora-Micro:4ml
GH Flora-Bloom:4ml
pH in/out:5.7/6.1
PPM:800
Light Schedule:
12/12

Light Type:T5HO
Color Temp:
50/50 6500K/3000K

Notes: Added 1ml/gal CaliMagic. Fed @ 2gal each plant. Measurable run off.

My phone died as I snapped my last pic. I'll have to upload them later after a recharge.

/Obi
:peace:

2 gal each plant..... seems like a lot.

If your hole is 2 or 3 inches from the bottom, you're probably holding less than 1gal in the bottom of the bucket.
Is this the standard level of watering?
I really wasn't planning on that much runoff in my grow... do I need to adjust my plan? I may have to implement some sort of drainage configuration better than deep 'saucers' under my pots.

I swear... every time I peek at your grow, I come up with more questions.

Back
Top Bottom